National League Wife

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

National League Wife

I love the Sox, always will, but there's another league so my National League "Wife", the team I root for that can't hurt the Sox, is the Nationals. Young team, hungry and pitching rich, what's not to love? Who's your "other" woman?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Re: National League Wife

In Response to National League Wife:
    [QUOTE] I love the Sox, always will, but there's another league so my National League "Wife", the team I root for that can't hurt the Sox, is the Nationals. Young team, hungry and pitching rich, what's not to love? Who's your "other" woman?
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

I've always rooted for the Giants. Went to Milwaukee to see the great Willie Mays when I was 11. Conversley I rooted against the Dodgers, whenever the yanks meet up with them I root for both teams too lose.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

You can find my other woman on twitter

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: National League Wife:
    [QUOTE]You can find my other woman on twitter
    Posted by small-package[/QUOTE]

Wish you were on twitter, so I could LOL., not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: National League Wife :  Wish you were on twitter, so I could LOL., not.

I am red sox for life but my team in the NL is the braves. Which made me doubly screwed last season. needless to say it wasn't a good september for me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I have no rooting interests in the N.L. unless they are playing a team in the A.L. East, except of course N.Y.The last World Series I watched closely that did not include the Yanks was never.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: National League Wife : I am red sox for life but my team in the NL is the braves. Which made me doubly screwed last season. needless to say it wasn't a good september for me.
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum Mef429. you won't be happy here  because the forum is loaded with closet Yankee fans and trolls and most of the real Red Sox fans have already left in disgust. My bet is that you will be gone also - very soon. Out of a Nation of 300 mil. people, the forum has 200 people who wish to make the life of a Red Sox fan miserable and they are 99% successful. My advice for you is to leave since you will never win the battle. They win, you lose.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE] I love the Sox, always will, but there's another league so my National League "Wife", the team I root for that can't hurt the Sox, is the Nationals. Young team, hungry and pitching rich, what's not to love? Who's your "other" woman?

Reds Youk--your hometown. I actually grew up a Reds fan--which I've made no secret of on the forum. Have followed the Sox for 8-9 years. It started in 03 when I wanted to see a Sox/Cubs world series. I've always hated the Yankees, and the Sox seemed to be a team that beat them regularly. Well, things didn't go so well in 03, then looked awful in 04 before the comeback. But the Sox were a natural fit for me. Lots of connections between the two. The 75 Series, Tito was a Red, Youk from Cincy, etc. I also enjoy the intensity that Sox fans have, something that isn't quite the same in other cities. For example, how many Sox games have been on NESN this month? It's like 12 or so I think. Meanwhile, FSO has only carried ONE Reds game. Pitiful. So I'll always love the Reds, but I love the Sox too. Hopefully, they will never meet again in the WS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: National League Wife : Welcome to the forum Mef429. you won't be happy here  because the forum is loaded with closet Yankee fans and trolls and most of the real Red Sox fans have already left in disgust. My bet is that you will be gone also - very soon. Out of a Nation of 300 mil. people, the forum has 200 people who wish to make the life of a Red Sox fan miserable and they are 99% successful. My advice for you is to leave since you will never win the battle. They win, you lose.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

Ok Pike, you said it. We win, you LOSE, so get off the forum and leave it to us "closet Yankee fans and pretend Red Sox fans that are actually trolls."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: National League Wife : Ok Pike, you said it. We win, you LOSE, so get off the forum and leave it to us "closet Yankee fans and pretend Red Sox fans that are actually trolls."
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I will and the Red Sox fans will and finally you admitted to your agenda here. It was obvious from the start really when J-Bay and Babe told you to jump and your response was " How high?" I doubt if anyone will come to your gamethread and partake in your charade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Cubs, despite the fact they hired InEpstein as a figure head.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

I enjoy the totality of the national league except no matter how hard I try I can't like the cardinals, but if I had to pick a favorite it would be the giants which my dad hates because he grew up a Brooklyn dodgers fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: National League Wife : I am red sox for life but my team in the NL is the braves. Which made me doubly screwed last season. needless to say it wasn't a good september for me.
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

Ouch, does the show "My Name is Earl", ring true to you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: National League Wife :  Ouch, does the show "My Name is Earl", ring true to you?

never watched it lol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]Cubs, despite the fact they hired InEpstein as a figure head.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Wow, you can't get away from that guy! What happens if he signs Jake as a FA?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The Red Sox are my only love, and that includes all other team sports as well.  I like it this way.  It really keeps me focussed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from howzer. Show howzer's posts

Cubbies.  Just hoping Theo doesn't saddle them with the same baggage he left the Sox with.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Cubs, despite the fact they hired InEpstein as a figure head.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Come on softy..You picked the Cubs just because you miss the fact that you dont have Theo around, along with wake and tek, to use as your emotional punching bags anymore...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Dodgers. I grew up outside of LA and have also made that clear on the forum. But, for the record, when they meet in interleague play, I pull for the Sox.

I do have a soft spot for the Cubs though. You can't help but feel sorry for them just as I'm sure many did for the Sox.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]Dodgers. I grew up outside of LA and have also made that clear on the forum. But, for the record, when they meet in interleague play, I pull for the Sox. I do have a soft spot for the Cubs though. You can't help but feel sorry for them just as I'm sure many did for the Sox.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Nope, never felt sorry for the red flops. IMO they got what they deserved.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

probably the Phils for me growing up...now i'd say it's between the Cards and the Pirates...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

The Reds.  They were my grandmother's fave team and I learned a lot of my obsessive baseball habits from her. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

You can't have a nl wife and be a true Sox fan. This is exactly what I've been saying for years about fans. Most are fairweather. So if the Sox get knocked out of playoff contention, it always someone to jump on another team's bandwagon. Sad. If you care about more than 1 team in one sport, then might I suggest using a Bandwagoner's 3-Day Pass to root for three teams in three cities on three nights.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I don't follow NL teams too much as I have always been an AL fan, but I have always had an affinity for the Loveable Losers The Cubbies and having lived in the Northern California Bay Area for 10 years in an earlier day, I kind of like the Giants too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Sorry, but I don't swing that way.

NTTIAWWT

Sections
Shortcuts