Nava Heading to McCoy Stadium

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Nava Heading to McCoy Stadium

weei and Ian Browne are reporting that Nava is heading to Pawtucket.

@IanMBrowne has a nice article on the trip down 95 For Nava.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Nava Heading to McCoy Stadium

It's the right thing to do

He's hurting us, we have Vic back, he has an Option remaining, and let him work on getting his 2013 form back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Ben may not know it yet, but that outfield has more changes coming ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's hurting us, we have Vic back, he has an Option remaining, and let him work on getting his 2013 form back.

[/QUOTE]

If sox are trying to get his form back then there should be a lot more players joining Nava. Next to go should be the retirement catching  twins..... Sox are in a sad spot right now and if you think it's early ,you better think again. Sox have more holes then the streets in Boston. Patch work this year will not do it.......

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If victorino can get going then I think an outfield of Sizemore/Bradley/IVC can actually be a pretty formidable outfield.  Not the greatest....but by no means "the worst outfield in baseball" as one ridiculously suggested. 

It's also not what they've done but what they can do.  JBJ may already be one of the better defenders in the league and while he hasn't been great he has not been as horrible with the bat as he was last year....and I think he will continue to improve too.

To me, it will all come down to health. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If sox are trying to get his form back then there should be a lot more players joining Nava. Next to go should be the retirement catching  twins..... Sox are in a sad spot right now and if you think it's early ,you better think again. Sox have more holes then the streets in Boston. Patch work this year will not do it.......

[/QUOTE]

Who do you think is really under performing that won't improve in due course?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nava is 31 and has only had one productive season in the majors. AJ and Ross are proven major league catchers. Apples and Oranges.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nava is an ok player.  He just had one good year which that was last year.  Before last year, and this year, he is a typical same Nava guy.  I do not think he ll be call up ever again cuz Ben C could ask a different OF and try to experience him such as Brentz or Hassan. or another guy in AA level.  Nava had so many chances thru out his career with boston, and he have been up and down from major to minor leagues so many times.  Time to let him go?  probably cuz I think he is out of options!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nava is an ok player.  He just had one good year which that was last year.  Before last year, and this year, he is a typical same Nava guy.  I do not think he ll be call up ever again cuz Ben C could ask a different OF and try to experience him such as Brentz or Hassan. or another guy in AA level.  Nava had so many chances thru out his career with boston, and he have been up and down from major to minor leagues so many times.  Time to let him go?  probably cuz I think he is out of options!!

[/QUOTE]

This is his final "Option Year"

If his career is over, and I doubt that it is, he had a pretty nice one.  Made it the show.  Earned a few million and is vested in the player pension program, and won a world series championship.  And he's still young enough to find a new career. Which is far easier as an ex athlete than as a common folk.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

If by "typical" you mean this, then I want more Navas on our team:

2010-2012 vs RHPs (out of 386 MLB players with 350+ PAs)

Nava ranked 35th in OBP at .369.

From 2010 to 2013, Nava ranks 45th in OPS (.833) out of 332 MLB players with 600+ PAs vs RHPs.

Far from typical. Far from a one year wonder.

That being said, I like the move, but expect nava to be back and productive this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nava is a 4A player. Always has been and always will be. Had a career year. He is a very good 5th OF. An adequate 4th. Not a starter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Good move. It keeps depth in the system. Gives him a chance to get his batting eye back. And I always wanted Carp over Nava. I'm not trying to make Carp out to be some must-have player, but for a bench player, I think he's a better hitter. He could start and be decent for some teams. And he can hit lefties and righties about the same.

I think the Sox will be best with Sizemore-Bradley-Victorino with Gomes the RH OF bat on the bench, and Carp a left-handed bat who can play OF and 1B.

Sizemore can play LF and CF. Bradley can play all three positions and Victorino can play CF and RF, so the Sox have some versatility too, and the OF defense should solify with these three.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to get more excited about VIC, but, let's be honest, he's a walking injury about to happen. 

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but I don't get caught up in that and expecting the worse. Injury-prone players are injury-prone...  until they're not.

Healthy players are healthy players ... until they're not.

You never know when it's going to change, so I try not sit there all miserable like, waiting for a guy to get hurt.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

NAVA HEAVE HOO!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Sometimes, you try too hard, to improve on last year. Its called pressing. He'll be back. Last year down the stretch in crunch time, he hit .396 in Aug. and .333 in Sept and Oct.
    That's why I'm confident. By the way in 2nd half of season he hit .336.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

As long as Bill, Dad and I still have our seats on the Green Monster I'm ok with this....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

moonslobber59 can u add some more white noise and lengthy spaces to each of your posts... ? Please, it is really cool

YOU GOT A POINT.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

So Nava is in AAA Wilson is activated---WMB is in AAA. Vic will be activated today--Wilson sent down.

Does WMB stay in AAA until he starts mashing then they DL someone so he comes back? Holt has 3 B until he drops to .225? Other than a power threat at the 6-9 slots I like having Holt and Jr. at 8 & 9. When Size decides he can hit the wall consistently this will be an even better lineup.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

If by "typical" you mean this, then I want more Navas on our tea

2010-2012 vs RHPs (out of 386 MLB players with 350+ PAs

Nava ranked 35th in OBP at .369. 

From 2010 to 2013, Nava ranks 45th in OPS (.833) out of 332 MLB players with 600+ PAs vs RHPs.

Far from typical. Far from a one year wonder 

That being said, I like the move, but expect nava to be back and productive this year.  

[/QUOTE]

Moon, you're overstating you case a bit. Yes, he's done well against RHP, but you also have to look at all the games he's played too. If he played the game, they count.

The fact with Nava is that he's been streaky.

For instance, in 2010, after a strong first 10 games to start, he batted just .205 with .327 OBP and .602 OPS (0 HR, 16 RBI) over his next 50 games.

And in 2012, Nava's numbers in his first 35 games were .336/.456/.523/.979. His numbers over the next 52 games were .177/.274/.297/.571.

Last year, was the first time he showed a bit more of a season-long consistency, although he played 87 games in the first half and just 47 in the second half. His HR went down in the second half, but doubles went up along with his slash line. However, his clutch hitting went down -- just 14 RBIs.

So it's not too out of line to call him a one-year wonder.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Middy is batting third today at McCoy with a noon start.  I don't see Nava on the line up. 8th spot says McCoy, I am thinking that's not a player's name?  So there is still a spot still open?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nava is a 4A player. Always has been and always will be. Had a career year. He is a very good 5th OF. An adequate 4th. Not a starter.

[/QUOTE]

He had an All-Star year. He should be able to be a serviceable starter in the big leagues when he isn't having a career year.