Nava is solid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Nava is solid

Last time we saw Nava it was a great story and a great grand slam. This time around he is showing the type of hitting that he showed at every level of baseball beside the majors. He has average D but has been an on base machine with a 478 OBP. Does anyone else think that he is earning a perm position this year in the show? I would love a bat like that off the bench in the future and love what he is doing with his chance today. Hell if he keeps hitting like that just give him a neck tat and be done with it. If nothing else he is giving us a solid chip to get a starting pitcher in a trade.... where does everyone think he will end up at years end?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Nava is solid

Now when CC and Ells return, we have Ross, Sweeney, Kalish, and Nava.

This is crazy OF depth if they can stay healthy.  We have speed, power, defense....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to "Re: Nava is solid":
    Now when CC and Ells return, we have Ross, Sweeney, Kalish, and Nava. This is crazy OF depth if they can stay healthy.  We have speed, power, defense.... Posted by seannybboi
    Sounds a hell of a lot better than 6 outfielders on the DL. So with that future roster do you sit on it or trade some of it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

The 2nd coming of Fred Lynn !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

The 2nd coming of Fred Lynn !!!! Posted by Bill-806
    Lol... I would settle for the second coming of jd drew

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Nava has worked very hard since being in Pawtucket all of last year and its paying off...Good for him...great story...I think that you could possibly have some solid players available IF a trade was necessary later on...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Nava has worked very hard since being in Pawtucket all of last year and its paying off...Good for him...great story...I think that you could possibly have some solid players available IF a trade was necessary later on... Posted by southpaw777
    I agree... we are setting up a position of strength in relief pitchers and solid outfield depth. I am very happy for Nava... if he keeps up this pace he will either garner massive trade value or be a very solid bench player for us. Can he by any chance play right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Not sure how he would do in Fenway...I think hes best suited for LF in Fenway..Another smaller RF in another park probably...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Good all-around player who can switch hit and is currently on a tear.  That said, he sure looks cautious in the OF.  No question, however, he has really helped with this call up--helped the club and helped himself. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

He doesnt have great power, and he doesnt have great speed.  He doesnt have a great arm.  He's 30 years old.

That being said, I think that he has earned a job on this team until : Ross, Ellsbury, CC and Sweeney return.  Possibly even after (if Valentine goes w 5 OF'ers).

This is because I agree with the OP and believe that he has surpassed DMAC and Byrd on the depth chart.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Nava, Lin, and Kalish are more likely to be send down to the minor league.  Byrd may be either be trade or be a bench player as a 5th OF.

For now, we will not worry about this until the month of July!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

He doesnt have great power, and he doesnt have great speed.  He doesnt have a great arm.  He's 30 years old. That being said, I think that he has earned a job on this team until : Ross, Ellsbury, CC and Sweeney return.  Possibly even after (if Valentine goes w 5 OF'ers). This is because I agree with the OP and believe that he has surpassed DMAC and Byrd on the depth chart. Posted by Drewski5
    So basically with average skills to below average skills in left field is what I am hearing and left is basically his ideal position. With that bat however I agree that he should be ahead of D Mac. Center fielder is a different story IMO. God we are such an injury riddled outfield now I dream of problems like having to make that decision. We have Gonzalez in right tonight for god's sake.

Sections
Shortcuts