Nava looking good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: Nava looking good

Nava, for whatever reason, has been in JF's doghouse for a long time.  I wish/hope he returns soon.

I really don't see what everyone sees in Sizemore.  We watch every game and there are numerous times I've seen him circle fly balls like a vulture over road kill.  Unfortunately, I think the years not playing have taken their toll.  It's not his fault, it just happens.

Bradley?  Great defender, but will he ever be decent enough with the bat? I'm certainly no expert, but I have my reservations.

Victorino?  I love when he plays.  That is, WHEN he plays.  His fragility gives me concern.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The guy that gets no ink that could be a real sleeper is Ryan Roberts. He has quietly raised his average at AAA to almost .300. He's a RH bat and can play just about every position. A former Maddon disciple that has very good tools. He needed At Bats, like Nava needed AB's, and has gotten them.

Something MLB could do is extend rosters by 2 added players to 27--we could then have the guys we want back up here. You'd think they would make that move for the regular season-as they do with Sept. call-ups--extend rosters to whatever you want.

Steven I know this thread was about Nava but Ranaudo had a decent game and Keith Couch at AA pitched well. The supporting casts on both teams are playing very well. We have a plethora of talent looking for their big opportunity.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The guy that gets no ink that could be a real sleeper is Ryan Roberts. He has quietly raised his average at AAA to almost .300. He's a RH bat and can play just about every position. A former Maddon disciple that has very good tools. He needed At Bats, like Nava needed AB's, and has gotten them.

Something MLB could do is extend rosters by 2 added players to 27--we could then have the guys we want back up here. You'd think they would make that move for the regular season-as they do with Sept. call-ups--extend rosters to whatever you want.

Steven I know this thread was about Nava but Ranaudo had a decent game and Keith Couch at AA pitched well. The supporting casts on both teams are playing very well. We have a plethora of talent looking for their big opportunity.

[/QUOTE]

I have been wondering why Keith is back in double A after showing he does not belong there anymore. I guess there's not a spot for him in triple A. Hmmm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nava, for whatever reason, has been in JF's doghouse for a long time.  I wish/hope he returns soon.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a case of Nava being in JF's doghouse.  I like Nava a lot and I hope to see him back too, but he has a very limited skill set.  He's not a good fielder, he lacks speed, and he's not a good base-runner.  So when he's not getting on base at a high rate, he doesn't have much to offer.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a case of Nava being in JF's doghouse.  I like Nava a lot and I hope to see him back too, but he has a very limited skill set.  He's not a good fielder, he lacks speed, and he's not a good base-runner.  So when he's not getting on base at a high rate, he doesn't have much to offer.    

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Nava was a great story last year, but he remains a limited player.