Nava

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Nava

What has he done over the last 7 weeks? Nothing! Whymkeep him? Bring up Brentz

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Nava

Started and ended tonight's big rally. That's one thing.

Every time someone bashes a Sox player, they come alive. (Myself included)

Sox4ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to jader's comment:

Holy bejeezus.  You must be the single dumbest poster in here.

Pretend you are a RS fan for a minute and see what the latest news is on Brentz.  Most Yankee trolls take more pride in their work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

NAVA-HOO!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

You are very tiring.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Sox4ever

It really is like clockwork.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Sox4ever

Looking at tonight's front burner, Dempster should pitch a gem in his next outing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How about this?

OBP

1) Ortiz  .405

2) Pede  .375

3) Carp  .374

4) Nava .372

5) Ells   .363

6) Nap  .341

SLG

1) Carp  .589

2) Ortiz .588

3) Nap   .459

4) Salty .443

5) Ells   .425

6) Nava .424

OPS

1) Ortiz  .993

2) Carp  .962

3) Nap   .800

4) Nava .796

5) Pede .790

6) Ells   .788

HR: 3rd  10

RBI: 4th Nava  53

Runs: 4th Nava 54

TB: 5th 137

BA: 6th .285

Brentz has a .780 OPS in 342 PAs at the AAA level.

Sox4ever

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Nava had a solid and very productive first three months of the season in case you hadn't noticed but a quiet less productive July, but if you had any knowledge of baseball you would realize a players season is made up of highs and low. Over all Nava is having a fine season and shouldn't be sent down because he'll start being productive again. Just very happy that your not the GM.

Hetch 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Nava is a good , solid ballplayer. Has been all year. Not great , but definitely a guy you can want on your team. As for Brentz, if you are a good Sox fan, you should know something about what is going on in the minors. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He was supposed to be at most a platoon player or 4/5 OF'er.

He has slumped in late seasons past, but that may have been injury related.

Sox4ever

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Nava has been in a slump but he came through last night like a lot of different guys have done this season to help win games.  I actually told my wife last night to watch how many runs we fall behind with Dempster on the mound and sure enough.  I figured if Felix had a few runs to work with we would be tied for first at best this morning. 

I give our offense a lot of credit for hanging in there again.  Great win!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

[QUOTE]

Nava has been in a slump but he came through last night like a lot of different guys have done this season to help win games.  I actually told my wife last night to watch how many runs we fall behind with Dempster on the mound and sure enough.  I figured if Felix had a few runs to work with we would be tied for first at best this morning. 

[/QUOTE]

Yup, I can see Dempster missing a start or two, with the groin injury.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

Yup, I can see Dempster missing a start or two, with the groin injury.

A guy like Dempster may be great in the clubhouse but 13mil?  Wake was as good or better as I'm sure Workman could be.  When you don't have the ability to blow people away with your fasball anymore you need to adjust.  Demp more often than not throws his fastball right down the center of the plate and gets crushed.  He also throws it on the first pitch 90% of the time which is so predictable.  I like his off speed stuff, why he doesn't thow it more is a mystery.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did your wife really care about how runs you fell behind with Demster on the mound?  I told my cat to watch for a Red Sox comeback in the ninth.  He stared at me a second, looking for some sign that I would get up off of the chair and refill his bowl, and then went back to licking his neutered wee wee.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:

Did your wife really care about how runs you fell behind with Demster on the mound?  I told my cat to watch for a Red Sox comeback in the ninth.  He stared at me a second, looking for some sign that I would get up off of the chair and refill his bowl, and then went back to licking his neutered wee wee.

Actually yes, my wife is a sox fan sorry your cat doesn't have more interests.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!!!!!   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I had been sour on Nava going back to last year as I felt when he would drop off, it would be dramatic (and they were dramatic dropoffs offensively). He had a poor running game the other day, may have cost the team a W...but then he goes and does a walk-off, so it's a wash. The kid is having a break-out season and one of many Sox who are in a zone when it comes to keeping their team in games with big at bats. Nava has surprised me greatly. So has Lackey's return to a quality starter, so has the team's complete makeover, turaround from disaster-heep to Morgan Miracle/Millar Cowboys/Gomes Gummies (made that up)...The Sox are on a roll, and Daniel is a big part of that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

We need at least 7 runs for us to win a ball game pitched by Dumpster! Last night was typical 8 runs and a victory, no win for Dumpster! When and if Buchholz returns it's pretty safe to assume that Dumpster will become the long man in the pen provided Peavy doesn't stink the place out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Brentz is on the D.L.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I'm wondering if he has 1) had a minor injury, or 2) been in someone's doghouse: this, over the past couple of weeks. Gomes, of course, deserves more playing time than he's been getting (in place of Napoli), and that means LF. Only thing left, especially against a RH pitcher, is Nava at first. But then what about Carp? Nava, Carp and Gomes need more PT. That, in some way, has to come at the expense of Napoli.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

You have to feel for guys like Nava.....he will always have to fight the perception that he was an undrafted Independant league guy who really doesnt belong in the Majors.....if Jackie Bradley had been up and had put up the Numbers Nava has, he would be a candidate for Rookie of the year....Nava had 500 Plate Appearances prior to this year......if Jackie Bradley had made the Base running erros Nava made recently, ti woulld have been written off as a Rookie mistake....yes...Nava is 30 years old, but in MLB time, he is a sophomore player.....what he has done this year has fantastic