Nava????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Nava????

This guy may be the absolute best bargain for the money in major league baseball.  He is a .300 hitter this season, has a great OBP, can play 3 defensive positions quite well, runs the bases well, can hit in any spot in the line up, has 60 RBIs and has only played about 2/3s of the games.

Of course, he could wear down, but what would his numbers look like if he had played 90% of the games?  Yes, I do realize that he hits much better against right handed pitchers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Nava????

NAVA HOO!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Dude is gonna make bank on his life story one day

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Last 7 days batting, .500, 14 days .412, 28 days .426.       

.304 avg. with RISP this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Also on Base in the last 37 straight games.....very impressive especially when you consider he has sat many games while we faced lefties.....he has managed to stay focused and ready everyday he gets in there....a great story

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

He's a good man to have on your team. Likes the game. Knows the game. Seems like a good character guy. I like him as a player and a person--he needs to be on the field more. 

FYI: June 18 was his last HR----lots of doubles----he helped win the Rays game--3-1 with that HR.

!0 HR's for a corner OF or 1 B not much.

35 extra base hits in 380 AB's, in 113 Games.

.300 BA------about an .800 OPS.

The Sox are 66 and 47 when he plays---Good things happen when he play.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Dumpster Profile.  Career Minor Leaguer with minor league ceiling.  Any team depending on a guy like this must be in a bridge year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

From EXTRA BASE Blog

Stat of the Day: Nava is 13th in the majors with a .387 OBP. His .831 OPS is fifth among American League outfielders.

There are many people on this board who would have argued that Nava would never be 5th among Red Sox Outfielders in OPS. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

n response to charliedarling's comment:

This guy may be the absolute best bargain for the money in major league baseball.  He is a .300 hitter this season, has a great OBP, can play 3 defensive positions quite well, runs the bases well, can hit in any spot in the line up, has 60 RBIs and has only played about 2/3s of the games.

Of course, he could wear down, but what would his numbers look like if he had played 90% of the games?  Yes, I do realize that he hits much better against right handed pitchers.

Actually, shoud be batting cleanup !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

n response to charliedarling's comment:

Actually, shoud be batting cleanup !!!

You're an i d i o t.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Nava has had an odd second half (post All Star).

He's batting .353 with a .443 OBP, .515 SLG and .958 OPS and 11 doubles in 26 games and 80 plate appearances.

However, he has 0 HRs and just 4 RBIs. After June he was on pace for more than 100 RBIs but has just three RBIs in July 70 PA and 4 RBIs in August in 56 PA.

His plate appearaces per month  are down from the first half but even still, you would think he'd have more. If he stayed on the same RBI pace as he did early in the season, he would have at least 20 more RBIs.

So what I want to know -- what is his BA with runners on base and RISP since the start of June? For the season, his numbers are great but how good are they for the past two months?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

With his high OBP I prefer him in the 2 slot. When he bats 5th behind Ortiz he finds lots more runners on base but his tendency is not to be aggressive in spots where aggressiveness is called for. Too many times he'll take a first pitch strike right down the middle of the plate and then swing at crap once he's behind in the count. Working a walk is great from the 2 slot but the 5 hitter's job is to drive in runs. Don't get me wrong cause I like everything about the guy, except maybe his base running.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Find me another guy signed for 1 buck....

The Sox signed Nava for a single samolian the first time through.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Find me another guy signed for 1 buck....

The Sox signed Nava for a single samolian the first time through.

I've got to think that Nava is a guy who truly appreciates being a Major League Baseball player. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to S5's comment:

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

I've got to think that Nava is a guy who truly appreciates being a Major League Baseball player. 

I think you are very right.

Sections
Shortcuts