Navarro 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Re: Navarro 2

In Response to Re: Navarro 2:
    [QUOTE]Boomerrangsdotcom, few are more out to lunch than you are. I don't think anyone is suggesting that Navarro is a long career everyday starter, nor did the Red Sox make a mistake by trading for AGon and taking the compensation for Beltre.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

As I age I get polite in situations like this. I recommend you look up Navarro's historic numbers in the minors, consider his inconsistent defensive ability and watch his BA drop going forward. The only way he becomes a significant mlb level player is if he is on the Dominican Jamba Juice, which considering his recent body changes may well be the case.

The initial poster was talking about dropping Papi so that Navarro can play 3rd and Youk is moved to DH. Hello? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]There is nothing fantasy about the Padres soliciting offers for fire sell AGon, last winter. Harness, you don't know what you are talking about and are always in a fog. You guaranteed AGon would be with the Padres this spring. The Dodgers would likely agree to a two or three team deal for Kemp that sends Ellsbury to the Dodgers and the Dodgers getting quid pro quo out of one or two from Lowrie, Hassan, Middlebrooks Brenz plus Doubrant or Weiland, with the younger players being flipped to a 3rd team if the Dodgers want a slightly different profie in that player mix. Harness, don't ever pretend to know anything about player movement and value. Beyond a straw and drivel about CERA, your stabs on player movement are completely out to lunch. Theo isn't likely to make a blockbuster deal like this, as he reacts after the fact and has no clue about player value. I put him one level above you, only because he was smart enough to sign Beltre in 2010 and leave the door open to get AGon for 2011. I called that, every last bit of it. And the Ellsbury hysteria rebirth is as completely out to lunch on his ceiling as it was when he was hyped in 2007.  Theo has Crawford and Slackey to prove he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. 

When you have multiple identities for over 2 years, what does that say about you Softy. They come in handy for votes don't they.

You have near zero credibility.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]There is nothing fantasy about the Padres soliciting offers for fire sell AGon, last winter. Harness, you don't know what you are talking about and are always in a fog. You guaranteed AGon would be with the Padres this spring. The Dodgers would likely agree to a two or three team deal for Kemp that sends Ellsbury to the Dodgers and the Dodgers getting quid pro quo out of one or two from Lowrie, Hassan, Middlebrooks Brenz plus Doubrant or Weiland, with the younger players being flipped to a 3rd team if the Dodgers want a slightly different profie in that player mix. Harness, don't ever pretend to know anything about player movement and value. Beyond a straw and drivel about CERA, your stabs on player movement are completely out to lunch.Theo isn't likely to make a blockbuster deal like this, as he reacts after the fact and has no clue about player value. I put him one level above you, only because he was smart enough to sign Beltre in 2010 and leave the door open to get AGon for 2011. I called that, every last bit of it. And the Ellsbury hysteria rebirth is as completely out to lunch on his ceiling as it was when he was hyped in 2007.  Theo has Crawford and Slackey to prove he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. 

Yes, I don't share your prowess about spending thread after thread, post after post about who is going where and when. I just take lucky stabs. Like when I made one post on the final G. Kottaras implosion thread in 2009 and said itlooks like a deal might be in the works for VMART. I said Masterson or MDC and a relatively high-level prospect and a lower one for him. I do believe the hyperbole was Buch.

Then in 2010, while I avoided 10,000 posts about AGONE, I made one - repeat one post on the subject. I said the likely package would be Kelly/Rizzo/Lowrie and a prospect. Then I mentioned I hoped Theo could keep Lowrie for depth.

Boom retorted with "That looks like the most reasonable package I've seen".

Last year I told you the RedSox were going after CC in a big way. You said they would not. I don't spend hours making people think I'm a baseball GM expert. I don't feel the need to. Most of it is common sense.

Nor do I have the need to say I was right every night to feel superior, or simply to deflect the times I wasn't. If you think so much of yourself, why do you exercise the constant need to inflate your ego as if it were a leaky tire?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Actually boom if you wish death on another poster you should be banned, but I guess its okay so long as harness doesn't report you.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

You are scum. Pure scum.
    Three threads about me with you tripping over yourself all the way. Jesus. Nazi's. Hate. The more you expose yourself, the easier it is to see.
    You are low-life scum, pure and simple.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

BDC determines who has the right to say what around here.You are a living reminder of that. As for the IGGY tab, why do you not use it? Do you feel joy coming to a forum that wants no part of you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

As my grandmother would say ...   oy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Navarro 2 : Lavarnway figures at DH in the near future IMO.  There is always a place for a guy that can rake, even if he cant field worth a darn
    Posted by mthomas43[/QUOTE]

thinking same thing. they gotta make room for this guy somewhere on the club. or if they salty continues well and papi looks like he can do the same thing 2 more years, trading ryan for a very good starting pitcher. the way he hits, id rather have him on the club and in the order (but i dont want to push papi out prematurely. he could hit 40 hrs and bat 3oo this year. if not for interleague he may not have slumped - his worst hitless streak in his careeer).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Chris Carter also raked in the minors...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Chris Carter also raked in the minors...
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

He wasn't bad on the Mets last yr. Another R&M...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

How am I scum? You brought up Booms remark about caring less if Softlaw died, and he made that remark a year ago...

You also brought it up because Boom was arguing with you over VMART/TEK... is that how you win an argument.

So explain again how I am scum when boom makes that remark, and you throw it in his face as an instrument to demean him because he argued baseball with you?

My current thread was not about you at all, but you made it about you didn't you? Thats why I changed the title... you deserve to be called out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

I repeat, Navarro is too young and, yes, too talented to write off as a perpetual jack of all trades. Young players don't enter the majors assigned permanently to that role. Players drift into it later -- if they make the big leagues at all. 
    Navarro may not win a regular job in Boston or anywhere else, but it's premature to categorize him as a super-sub.
    To the poster who said that Navarro's hits have come off fat pitches. Duh. That's what hitters hit. He gets credit for jumping on them. Very rarely does a batter jack a good yakker out of the park. Or a good fastball up and away. The balls that are hammered are called pitchers' mistakes for a reason. 
    Have the posters who say he's not good on defense and can't hit breaking stuff seen enough of him to speak with any authority? His manager in Pawtucket, who is somewhat closer to the scene, says Navarro is getting over his early problems and is making good progress.  It's called development. Let's give the young man some time and breathing room
    He may or may not be seriously in the mix for a shot at SS or third base in the next couple of years. I'm content to wait and see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

The crack about Navarro and jamba juice is scummy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]Actually boom if you wish death on another poster you should be banned, but I guess its okay so long as harness doesn't report you.
    I don't remember doing it and my record is right there for anyone to look it up. I do remember some Ultra conservative ex military guy threatening my life here by telling me "You better not come across my perimeter" when we were arguing politics and that is probably the source of this innuendo IMO.

What is really a learning experience here is that someone can just get in an argument and make an unsubstantiated claim in the heat of the moment and another guy like you who doesn't even remember it chimes in when you feel the need. 

I've been patient with you Burrito but personally I don't buy your BS "I live in Cambodia story". You are probably just another of many Softy identities as you have been joined at the hip with him since I've been here and the guy says some pretty insane things. So be it. I don't have time to waste on you. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I note BillyBoy as a softy identity and bingo, Burrito chimes in from "cambodia" within 3 minutes. Isn't that a coincidence.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

expitch...LOOK AT HIS MINOR LEAGUE NUMBERS AND MAYBE CITE SOME IF YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A CLUE. YOU were talking about him maybe taking Youk's spot at 3rd and letting Ortiz go. HELLO!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

"The crack about Navarro and jamba juice is scummy."

I'm tired of one dominican player after another suddenly change their body type after being mediocre in the minors. Steroids and other PEDs are LEGAL in the DR and mlb players like Arod and Ortiz hang around the same gym in Santo Domingo, along with most other mlb players of dominican descent. It is a cottage industry down there. To deny the probability of it as a factor is not logical given the preponderance of the data. The DSL and support leagues have had litterally over 100 expulsions for steroids since 2004. 

I don't care what people think of me. It's about the data. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

That gym is run by a guy who was banned by baseball for his PED connections and it's still the most popular spot for Dominican players in the DR. I've studied this issue. It's rampant down there and only recently being dealt with.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

"I've read Softlaw and he has more credibility than anyone on this Board."

Who is Softlaw?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]" The crack about Navarro and jamba juice is scummy." I'm tired of one dominican player after another suddenly change their body type after being mediocre in the minors. Steroids and other PEDs are LEGAL in the DR and mlb players like Arod and Ortiz hang around the same gym in Santo Domingo, along with most other mlb players of dominican descent. It is a cottage industry down there. To deny the probability of it as a factor is not logical given the preponderance of the data. The DSL and support leagues have had litterally over 100 expulsions for steroids since 2004.  I don't care what people think of me. It's about the data. 
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

You have no data to support even the possibility let alone the probability of Navarro's being juiced.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]expitch...LOOK AT HIS MINOR LEAGUE NUMBERS AND MAYBE CITE SOME IF YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A CLUE. YOU were talking about him maybe taking Youk's spot at 3rd and letting Ortiz go. HELLO!
    Hello, I said that if Ortiz is not signed, Youkilis might be shifted to DH and Navarro would have a shot at third base. I did not recommend letting Ortiz go. I leave the minor league numbers to you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]" The crack about Navarro and jamba juice is scummy." I'm tired of one dominican player after another suddenly change their body type after being mediocre in the minors. Steroids and other PEDs are LEGAL in the DR and mlb players like Arod and Ortiz hang around the same gym in Santo Domingo, along with most other mlb players of dominican descent. It is a cottage industry down there. To deny the probability of it as a factor is not logical given the preponderance of the data. The DSL and support leagues have had litterally over 100 expulsions for steroids since 2004.  I don't care what people think of me. It's about the data. 

Where's the inconsistency with Navarro?  He hit 11 HRs at age 20 in 506 ABs, 6 in 250 at age 21, 11 in 382 at age 22 and 5 in 128 thus far this year at age 23.

The real leap in his development has been his on-base percentage.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

If anyone wants to project Navarro as a future stud have at it. I'm projecting him as a career AAAA guy who might make the bigs as a super sub. It seems like the Redsox might be thinking the same way if we look at the way he has been handled recently.

How many infielders are given OF training in AAA ball? Career Short Stops moved to 2nd or 3rd in AAA ball. Does that mean they think he is their future SS? Are we going to bench Youk or Pedroia for him or let go of Papi for him.

Think Ubu....Think.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]If anyone wants to project Navarro as a future stud have at it. I'm projecting him as a career AAAA guy who might make the bigs as a super sub. It seems like the Redsox might be thinking the same way if we look at the way he has been handled recently. How many infielders are given OF training in AAA ball? Career Short Stops moved to 2nd or 3rd in AAA ball. Does that mean they think he is their future SS? Are we going to bench Youk or Pedroia for him or let go of Papi for him. Think Ubu....Think.

OK, I'll think. The Sox need a RHed bat in the OF.  Just the fact that the club is even looking at Navarro in the OF tells you something about what they think of his bat. Right now, Navarro doesn't play short in AAA because Boston sees Iglesias as the shortstop of the future.  That goes in the "remains to be seen department."
    Now, see if you can get this straight.  No one has said that the club is going to let Ortiz go for Navarro. No one is predicting that Navarro will be a stud. Stop setting up straw dummies.