NESN Broadcast

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eab2011. Show eab2011's posts

NESN Broadcast

Remy has to get back SOON.  This guy (Bradford) tonight is AWFUL....like Abraham and Cafardo last weekend.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: NESN Broadcast

I haven't heard enough of Bradford yet. I've had the volume down because of other things going on. Abraham and Cafardo -- eh, not great, nothing to get work up about.

I thought Gammons was good the last two days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Bradford cant shut up! Wow he has not stopped talking all game, dude you dont have to comment after every freakin pitch!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

thats their job is to talk, as long as there isn't that awkward silence they are doing good.. i don't think hes all that bad. at least hes talking about BASEBALL. which usually isnt the case when don and remy are in the booth together.

i liked abraham and cafardo too. they gave a lot of into on players i didn't know and/or thought was interesting. which usally isn't the case when don and remy are in the booth together

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

He has a lot of good info but wayyyy too much, like him on the radio on tv though sshhhuuutttt upppp!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

ACTUALLY, PETER ABRAHAM FAR OUTSHINES REMY....
    I SUSPECT THAT REMY IS SICKER THAN A LOT OF PEOPLE
    THINK. I HOPE I AM WRONG. ABRAHAM IS VERY
    KNOWLEDGEABLE, AS IS GAMMONS. I SEE NOTHING
    WRONG WITH HIM, AND I WOULDN;T MIND SEEING HIM
    MORE , IF REMY IS UNAVAILABLE.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Cafardo is awful too.  The guy thinks he's a genius but he really just recycles what other sports writers do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I heard that they are going to bring in  FORREST GUMP  as he will work well with  Jenny Dell ........ Forrest :   Jenny I love you !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

whats wrong with remy?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Turn the sound off.  I almost always do. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

True about Bradford.... he loves baseball. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In Response to Re: NESN Broadcast:
    [QUOTE]whats wrong with remy?
    Posted by candre99[/QUOTE]

Fell off the wagon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Bradford talks more than joe theisman during the telecast

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Yeah.....That Bradford guy has way too much to say.He was criticizing Bard,( it's not about velocity it's about location ) he must have said that about three times. Then he second guesses Oakland Manager Bob Melvin about leaving RH pitcher Cook in to face LH hitter Gonzales.Cook struck out Gonzales because his stuff is outstanding,way better than Norberto or Balfour. Melvin went with his best pitcher and he was right. Last weekend Cook struckout (4) O's in one inning for another hold and gained some notoriety in doing so. Cook should be the closer not Balfour. He's got that Papelbon kind of stuff that we've known and formerly loved. .......Bradford, Not ready for prime time yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

remy has a sinus infection that just won't go away.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Have alot of you posters realized that you are criticizing a guy who "never shuts up", when in fact he gets paid to talk and all of you don't get paid but you give your opinions anyway?

Who's the bigger fool?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

See Maz's article......  another week before Jerry is back (@may10th).....  Eck will be in the booth saturday....... Gammons to alternate with Eck !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]remy has a sinus infection that just won't go away.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Really? He didn't get that nose from playing ping-pong.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Don't be a luddy-duddy, don't be a mooncalf, don't be a jobbernowl...?

You are all those things and more.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

naw, harv's just simply a sad lookin piece of white bread is all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]Have alot of you posters realized that you are criticizing a guy who "never shuts up", when in fact he gets paid to talk and all of you don't get paid but you give your opinions anyway? Who's the bigger fool?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

you are, when you are doing t.v. you dont need to fill up every second of air time with your babbling because the viewers can SEE THE GAME he is used to doing radio which is the opposite, in radio you cant have dead air on a t.v. broadcast you can, understand??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NESN Broadcast : you are, when you are doing t.v. you dont need to fill up every second of air time with your babbling because the viewers can SEE THE GAME he is used to doing radio which is the opposite, in radio you cant have dead air on a t.v. broadcast you can, understand??
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

They are paying the guy to talk. He is not the regular guy, he is like a substitute teacher, no one at NESN really cares is he is liked, because you, the fan,  are going to watch the game anyway and Remy will be back in a week.

Watch NASCAR on Fox sometime. Those guys never shut up either. After a while you get used to it and it is just background noise.

I think Red Sox Nation has become to critical and analytical of everthing. Perhaps these boards are an invitation to air complaints , but really do we have get this picky?  I can remember a time when I was just glad to get good reception on channel 38 so I could see roughly 1/2 to 3/4s of the season's schedule.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I can remember a time when I was just glad to get good reception on channel 38 so I could see roughly 1/2 to 3/4s of the season's schedule.

------------------

Yup, I remember in the late 70's only getting to watch them when the played the yankees (w/ Rizzuto) or on the game of the week (Cosell) or just listening on the radio

80's - I got about 1/2 the games on WSBK and that was awesome

90's - they added games to Channel 20 (?) and ESPN Sunday Night baseball plus the game of the week

2000 (whatever was Bob Kurtz's last year) - got the dish and that got me about 100 games a year total

2003 - NESN added more games and got all but a handful of games

2005 - Got all of the games

2007 - Added the dish to every TV in the house

anyways.........yeah much better today regardless of who's in the booth

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i like bradford on the radio, but man i couldnt take him last nite.....just too much let the game breathe