NESN reporting Red Sox spent a lot of time scouting Matt Kemp this week

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

NESN reporting Red Sox spent a lot of time scouting Matt Kemp this week

While he is an upgrade over what they are trotting out there, he gets injured too much for my taste and will make 20 mill per the next 5 years.  If it was the 2012 version I'd be all for it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Re: NESN reporting Red Sox spent a lot of time scouting Matt Kemp this week

If he can stay healthy, he's probably worth the price. I'd rather they wait to see how Mookie works out before making a move that could come back to haunt us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Why?  He would be L.A.'s revenge on us for dumping Crawfish on them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Trade Webster for Kemp and 60m :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While he is an upgrade over what they are trotting out there, he gets injured too much for my taste and will make 20 mill per the next 5 years.  If it was the 2012 version I'd be all for it.

[/QUOTE]

Now since Kemp have been hitting .333 with two HR's and 13 RBI for the month of June, do you think that the Dodgers would think twice on not to trade him???  

Crawford could be the first guy to go and then Either.  But the Red Sox do not want Crawford.  For either, he doesnt seem he is hitting well this year as well he is a lefty.  Boston do not need another lefty in the line up.  

So I guess Boston only want Kemp, if not, then forget the whole dodgers organization

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Trade Webster for Kemp and 60m :)

[/QUOTE]

And why would L.A. make that trade??? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Ben will not take on Kemp's salary.  Sox have too many prospects to take on payroll dump like that.  Dodgers will pay at least 1/3 of Kemp's remaining salary which makes Sox pay him $14-15M a year.  In that case, some of our top prospects, but not ones on the very top, goes to the Dodgers.  Because Kemp still has health concerns besides his high price tag, Kemp cannot be considered a blockbuster trade in many ways.  If Sox do get Kemp from the Dodgers, I can see a scenario something like this.  

Sox get Kemp and $40M from the Doders

Dodgers get Vazquez, Ranaudo, Marrero, and Brentz

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd have been surprised if we had not been scouting Kemp.

If Kemp gets traded, the Dodgers would pay a good chunk of his remaining contract, so he wouldn't cost what it looks like on the surface.

That being said, we should learn from the Vic signing and just say no.

Sox4ever

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he can stay healthy, he's probably worth the price. I'd rather they wait to see how Mookie works out before making a move that could come back to haunt us.

[/QUOTE]

Do you believe that we need more then one outfielder?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Too much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too much.

[/QUOTE]

I would want at least one of those guys not named Brentz back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

as long as they dodgers send over cash get it done NOW

maybe the season can be salvaged and of not, he can help beyond this year

but don't give up anything

this is a chance for the dodgers to get half their money back

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Could be overpaying for landing Kemp because of his injury risk.  But I think this is something that could be discussed in reality.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If Kemp could be had at a reasonable price and stay healthy for a few years, he might have his career extended by getting some time in as DH when Ortiz leaves.

Still risky, I'll cheer for him and be excited to have his bat in the lineup if comes to Boston despite the fact that personally I wouldn't want to assume that risk. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

My guess is that the Dodgers would not want prospects for Kemp. They'd want something to help them win this year...

...like a player that may be lost to the Sox after this year anyways due to free agency- like Uehara & Miller. If we knew we weren't going to extend Uehara after this year, I'd think about trading him and Miller (plus maybe AJ P, if they want him) for Kemp, but I'd expect the Dodgers to pay a big chunk of his remaining contract.

Kemp is due $105.5M over the next 5 years, and I'd start out asking the Dodgers to pay half his salary year by year. That leaves us paying him about $11M a year for 5 years- still a big risk, but the high reward possibility is tempting to me.

The other key extension for the Sox is, of course, Lester, but unless a Dodger starter gets hurt, I don't think they are looking for a rental upgrade at their strongest position. 

Sox4ever