NESN's Jade McCarthy and Kathryn Tappan are gone

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: NESN's Jade McCarthy and Kathryn Tappan are gone

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Was just looking at NESN staff and noticed that. Jade is now on ESPNews and Kathryn is on the NHL Network.

[/QUOTE]

They've been long gone, Pike.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Kathryn Tappen is married to Jay Leach , who plays in the NHL....when they are actually playing. 

He's been with about 6 teams in his career never playing two years in a row for the same team.

I guess because she is now the breadwinner, she had to go somewhere that pays more money.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

You're not missing much. NHL hockey has been going steadily downhill since the league expanded too many times in too few years. The watered down product called pro hockey is not generating enough excitement for them to be constantly bickering about who gets how much. I was a die-hard hockey fan for about 30 years. I really started losing interest around 2003 or so, the 21 team league back in the 80s was chock full of superstars ( Bourque, Gretzky, Lemieux, Peter Stastny, Goulet, Coffey, Barrasso, Oates, Bossy, Trottier, Gartner, Ciccarelli, Nicholls ....so many, I can't even name half of them!) the NHL lacks star power, yet the players want to be paid like they ae all Mike Bossy!!! Expanding to cities like Nashville, Atlanta and San Jose killed this league. Moving Winnipeg to Phoenix was stupid also.

A guy like Jay Leach wouldn't have played above AHL level in the 80s, he barely can make it in the watered down hockey of the 2000s. 

I stopped paying attention in 2005. I would rather watch highlights of 70s and 80s NHL which was when this league had something that would rate as entertainment.

In this era, the Weather Channel is probably more exciting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Does it matter ??????    

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Pike not sure how your breaking news career is going to go. 

FYI John Henry has some bigger profitability issues with his companies right now than NESN, but you're correct that advertising revenues do matter a great deal, and Bruins coverage is a part of that. 

This ties into a point I have made to you before, when you insist fans have no power and have to sit back and take it. I point out that fans impact ratings which matters a great deal to advertisers. If you're waking up to that, it would be great, as your view of the power of fans to influence a franchise is profoundly negative for such a faux-positive dude. 

Oh, and as for this: 

"No hockey to watch this year anyway."

The two sides are actually very close now, I know it seems hard to believe but with the absolute deadlines looming now I expect them to bury their differences. Look for an agreement within the next week and a 48 game season. 

I know this kind of breaking news pales in comparion to Pike's "discoveries" browsing through the NESN masthead but I do my best....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Those people come & go......  Ie: Hazel Mae, Heidi and this group...... Heck, the day will come when Jenny Dell goes home to Forrest, FORREST GUMP....... And someone new will fill her sneakers too !!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

They are "A DIME A DOZ"  !!!!!   They graduate from college every year !!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Kathryn Tappan was a cutie.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If "Tappan wasn't assume pole dancer's name" it certainly should be.

[/QUOTE]  Is that like saying the "BIG O" is IRISH  ???????

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are "A DIME A DOZ"  !!!!!   They graduate from college every year !!

[/QUOTE]

lol

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts