Never Make the 3rd out going for 3rd: Tito, Please post this on Bellsbury's Back!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Re: Never Make the 3rd out going for 3rd: Tito, Please post this on Bellsbury's Back!

In Response to Re: Never Make the 3rd out going for 3rd: Tito, Please post this on Bellsbury's Back!:
    [QUOTE]You're still the same guy that suggested the Red Sox keep Eric Patterson on the roster instead of Jed Lowrie.  That's just for starters.   Easy, Los, no need for malice, it impairs judgment. I read Softlaw, great poster. What he said was  ...
    How are things in the bankrupt Peoples Republic of The Democrat Way in California? Has Boxer and Frankenstein created any new post office jobs?
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]
    [sarcasm font]  I like this new poster ... I might keep him off ignore for at least a week.  I am continuously amazed at how many new posters we get who are anti-Jake/Jed and are staunch (but unaffiliated) conservatives.  I will anxiously await posts from this sage and read each with bated breath.  I am especially interested to see the platoon Gonzalez thread.  For those of you who don't know, Jed is best used as a utility IF and Gonzalez splits v LHP this year are pretty gross.  Clearly, this dictates that Scutaro should be the everyday SS (or Iggy) and v LHP, Jed should play 1st while Gonzalez rides the pine ... see stats below. Further benefit from this platoon, we are not only getting Jed's superior bat, we are also hiding his defensive liabilities. [/sarcasm font]

v LHP AVG OBP SLG AB/HR
    A Gonz .288 .333 .363 40
    J Low .426 .438 .672 20

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Re: Never Make the 3rd out going for 3rd: Tito, Please post this on Bellsbury's Back!

I predict, this too shall be deleted. 

-Daf. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Syd. Show Syd's posts

I am happy with Ellsbury or Crawford trying to get an extra base with the score the way it was. As stated By "JimDavis" in a previous comment, it took two perfect throw to get the out. If either one was off line, the runner would have been safe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

let's assume that major league ballplayers can make 2 perfect throws once in a while.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

We have assumed that.  That's why they are in the league.  That doesn't mean the perfect throws would come in that instance.  To make this the focal point of anything is laughable.  What is the endgame?  To show that Ellsbury made a mistake.  OK...Ellsbury made a mistake.  Guess what?  Batting first and playing CF...Mr. Jacoby Ellsbury.  Let's move on to game 2.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

I didn't take "a perfect throw", it took a non-Varitek throw.

My favorite fantasy phrase in baseball is (sarcasm for you dim bulbs) "on pace to .......".

Anyone know what Bellsbury's UZR career metrics are? They received an uptick when he came in from 400 feet to play Cano's soft looping single on one giant hop.

I know you work for Boras, man, but baseball doesn't end in June and it's played in the field. Watch Drew for the difference in a AAA OF'er and a MLB outfielder.

Anyone notice how Bellsbury throws like a girl?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In Response to Re: Never Make the 3rd out going for 3rd: Tito, Please post this on Bellsbury's Back!:
    [QUOTE]Ellsbury didn't screw up trying to take the extra base for a triple, he screwed up by looking back twice while going to 3rd. A pro runner will look at the ball coming around first (he did that) and then when you approach 3rd you look at your 3rd base coach, and if Bogar is doing his job he either is giving him a stop sign at 2nd or wheeling his arm to get to third. Ellsbury lost 3 steps by looking back as he hit 2nd and again just after rounding 2nd....That's why he was out at 3rd by 3 feet. It's all about proper baserunning.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
     I wondered about the "looking back" as well, but I have no problem with him taking a shot at 3rd with the score 6-3 for the Sox. If the Sox were down by one I would have had issues with it and I'm thinking that Ellsbury, with 2 out, would have stopped at second.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It was a baserunning mistake but not a serious one. If he had been safe, no one would complain. As baseball fans, we all are aware that you are in " scoring position " at second base. We do not need to be told that.  It is also true that it is better to be at third than to be at second. There are several different ways that you can score from third but not from second. The fact is that Ellsbury is having a terrific season and has been , without question , one of the Sox most valuable players. To make an issue out of every mistake he might make while refusing to acknowledge his outstanding play is just ridiculous, and causes a loss of credibility. Oh , and by the way , that first inning home run was hardly a " dink."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

If you don't like his current UZR, cite his career UZR.  When you don't like his career UZR, use his current UZR, whichever fits your argument best, softy.

But it is not prozac you should be taking, it is an anti-psychotic.  This pretending you read your own threads and having two personas supporting your past posts is pretty scary.  You must be tired from it all, and losing sleep is one of the signs of and contributors to psychosis.  A visit to MacLean hospital might be in order...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

[QUOTE]If you don't like his current UZR, cite his career UZR.  When you don't like his career UZR, use his current UZR, whichever fits your argument best, softy. But it is not prozac you should be taking, it is an anti-psychotic.  This pretending you read your own threads and having two personas supporting your past posts is pretty scary.  You must be tired from it all, and losing sleep is one of the signs of and contributors to psychosis.  A visit to MacLean hospital might be in order...
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

"argument" is the key word there.

As in, whatever it takes to have one...

-Daf. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't take "a perfect throw", it took a non-Varitek throw. My favorite fantasy phrase in baseball is (sarcasm for you dim bulbs) "on pace to .......". Anyone know what Bellsbury's UZR career metrics are? They received an uptick when he came in from 400 feet to play Cano's soft looping single on one giant hop. I know you work for Boras, man, but baseball doesn't end in June and it's played in the field. Watch Drew for the difference in a AAA OF'er and a MLB outfielder. Anyone notice how Bellsbury throws like a girl?
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

What does throws like a girl mean?  Hip us to your lingo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Watch Heidi throw.

Parhunter, the chemicals in the grass have obviously affected your brain. I only play on a golf course twice a month because of the issue with these chemicals. Parhunter, I'm an eagle hunter. I had an eagle in my last round, 155 yard punch fade around a dogleg right.

I gave credit to Bellsbury for his dink homer, and said to congratulate him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

steve trouts, i agree with you. ellsbury never would have chanced it if the score was 2-2 or trailing by one. It was instinctive, but I think a calculated good risk.