new mngr & general mngr nxt year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Re: new mngr & general mngr nxt year

In Response to Re: new mngr & general mngr nxt year:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: new mngr & general mngr nxt year : Bosox1941, you and Jack the Ripper are speaking my language on  that poor excuse for a field manager.  The guy is totally out of sorts and makes the same mistakes over and over again.  For some reason he never seems to learn from his mistakes.  Whether it is sheer stubborness or just plain stupidity he seems clueless on the strategy front, and, worse, he has turned his team into a bunch of sniveling babies and excuse mongers.  He needs to go along with Epstein.  Their usefulness is at an end and unless that happens we will be talking about this for the next three or four y ears.  We need a fresh start and someone who will kick a little a!s in the dugout and a GM who knows how to go out and build a successful pitching staff, especially in the bullpen.
    Posted by seabeachfred[/QUOTE]
    Long time no see, Fred. How are ya?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Seabeachfred only comes to this forum during losing streaks. His reputation from Sawxheads preceded him. A genuine troll.

Still trying to control content here, eh?
    I am on to you. Pinstripezac told me not to bother with you, and I am going to take him up on his suggestion. I don't believe in the ignore button as it stifles legitimate exchanges, but as for you, its down the hopper with you. See ya.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Personal Data"I'm a retired teacher from Arcadia, CA. My wife and I are fans of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Vlad Guerrero!"
    Member Name: seabeachfred
    Hometown: Arcadia
    Home State: CA
    IM Contact: seabeachfred (Yahoo!)
    Interests: Subways, history, ice cream, and baseball forums.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

Agreed we may need a change at top .I have only 1 question? we start 2012 5--15 I would  assume we get rid of those 2 new guys also .Would that be correct.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to new mngr & general mngr nxt year : Whoever we fire or hire I hope they have some sort of conditioning plan.  Our team has serious issues when a player or two get hurt each and every week.   The worst part about the Tampa series is we don't even have a pitcher who can stop a lineup that has maybe, three or four decent hitters on any given day.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]
    DING  DING DING DING, post of the week  conditioning our biggest problem

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yazman. Show the---yazman's posts

[QUOTE]I agree.  It's a waste of a playoff spot to give it to a 175 million dollar team limping into the playoffs only to go 3 and out. I'd rather see a hungry team, a bunch of underdogs, get their chance.  Even if they get swept at least they can say they made the playoffs one year.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

good point; but i do agree with the OP. those two clowns should be shown the door.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new mngr & general mngr nxt year : Here's some homework for you - the last time we faced the Tigers was May 29th.  They were a .500 team and six games back in the central division.  Stupid is trying to cast that as a defining game. You remember that regular season game in '87 when Bird scored only 14 points against Indiana?  Neither do I.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

The statistics are the statistics. It doesn't matter what time of year they were accumulated. I gave you the facts for the season for your hero, but you can't handle  the facts. 
    You can say that the numbers are wrong, but you will look even more stupid than you already look, it that is possible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Sinbad...are you sane?

[QUOTE]Oh, I am sure that John Henry will fire Theo, Tito, the entire medical staff....oh heck, why not simply fire every single Red Sox employee at every level and completely start over. Unconditionally release Ellsbury, Wake, Lackey, Ortiz, Lowrie....heck release them all except Pedey, Gonzo and Lester. John Henry can then rebuild the Red Sox franchise around those 3 employees based on the wishes of the naysayer Yankee Trolls. Sadly, we would probably be a better team
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new mngr & general mngr nxt year : The statistics are the statistics. It doesn't matter what time of year they were accumulated. I gave you the facts for the season for your hero, but you can't handle  the facts.  You can say that the numbers are wrong, but you will look even more stupid than you already look, it that is possible.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

Your opinion is that Gonzalez, who could finish the year with the highest batting average and RBI total in MLB, is not a great player because he did not rise to the occasion when his team needed him.  And in your opinion that occasion was in May against a second place team in another division?

Based on the location of your head, I would have had you pegged as a proctologist.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new mngr & general mngr nxt year : Your opinion is that Gonzalez, who could finish the year with the highest batting average and RBI total in MLB, is not a great player because he did not rise to the occasion when his team needed him.  And in your opinion that occasion was in May against a second place team in another division? Based on the location of your head, I would have had you pegged as a proctologist.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Your opinion is that Gonzalez, who could finish the year with the highest batting average and RBI total in MLB, is not a great player because he did not rise to the occasion when his team needed him.

give him a break

pumpsie-green  was a regular here back when

RSN said the same thing about arod daily

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new mngr & general mngr nxt year :  Your opinion is that Gonzalez, who could finish the year with the highest batting average and RBI total in MLB, is not a great player because he did not rise to the occasion when his team needed him. give him a break pumpsie-green  was a regular here back when RSN said the same thing about arod daily
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

The criticism of A-Rod was due to his post-season performance - not a six game sample in May.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new mngr & general mngr nxt year : Your opinion is that Gonzalez, who could finish the year with the highest batting average and RBI total in MLB, is not a great player because he did not rise to the occasion when his team needed him.  And in your opinion that occasion was in May against a second place team in another division? Based on the location of your head, I would have had you pegged as a proctologist.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Its not just his stats against Detroit. Its his stats against the Rays, the Yankees, and the Angels. What I said is that Gonzalez is not a GREAT player. He is, in fact, disappointing, because of his performance against good teams. Disappointing means disappointing TO ME. I expected more. As far as the location of my head, open your eyes: I am going to wink at you

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new mngr & general mngr nxt year : DING  DING DING DING, post of the week  conditioning our biggest problem
    Posted by tc25[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Coach in charge of conditioning/training/video is the biggest problem.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Looks like Harness is once again enabling the trolls, contrarians, devil's advocates, and pessimists. All for the sake of company at 3 am in Seattle. Why does Harness stay up until 5 am Seattle time? That is more compulsive and obsessive tham Babe in Florida. The Harness track season is coming up in a few months and Harness will do something more constructive with his leisure time. The forum will lose its biggest enabler however.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like Harness is once again enabling the trolls, contrarians, devil's advocates, and pessimists. All for the sake of company at 3 am in Seattle. Why does Harness stay up until 5 am Seattle time? That is more compulsive and obsessive tham Babe in Florida. The Harness track season is coming up in a few months and Harness will do something more constructive with his leisure time. The forum will lose its biggest enabler however.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

Once again you are wrong. I don't even start posting until around 7-8 PM ET.
    I miss out on most of the day's conversation, so my retorts are varied.

You are the queen of compulsion around here. Compulsive disorder labeling and invasion of privacy has lead you to the path of numerous bans. You are worse than the worst "troll" of UR prey.

Do you learn? Of course not. 100 posts in a day and a half about posters, not baseball. Perhaps you should make an appt. withDR. Pumpsie.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilcyMoore. Show WilcyMoore's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new mngr & general mngr nxt year : Its not just his stats against Detroit. Its his stats against the Rays, the Yankees, and the Angels. What I said is that Gonzalez is not a GREAT player. He is, in fact, disappointing, because of his performance against good teams. Disappointing means disappointing TO ME. I expected more. As far as the location of my head, open your eyes: I am going to wink at you
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]   Adrian Gonzalez is one of the top 25 offensive and all around players in the game today.  If you defnine greatness as top 5, for example, he is not that.  The Sox bought him on the cheap because the Padres were willing to take anything of potential value to deal him rather thak letting him walk for a draft pick.   He has been better than anyone might have hoped and who cares if he has struggled against team like the Yankees or Tigers.  The Sox have done very well against those teams without him contributing much offensively from what I understand.   You have to look at the total body of work when evaluating player performance and Gonzalez has been everything one might have anticipated.  He's lived up to the hype.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

After this fiasco if they do not make the playoffs, I do not think they will re doEpstein's contract because of all the money they have wasted on Carl Crawford, John Lackey, and Mike Cameron.
    I would predict Theo goes to Chicago.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think maybe some new base coaches would be nice. Someone suggested RI native Davey Lopes the other day on WEEI. After researching it, Lopes has excelled as a baserunning coach with the Phillies and Dodgers since 2000. 

I cannot remember the last time we had a coach who was an excellent MLB level ball player in their day. Jim Rice I guess was the last one. However Big Jim was not known as a great communicator, and he could not stop himself from an untimely demise in the 80's... so why they thought he would make a good coach was beyond me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

[QUOTE]I think Mike Lowell or Dennis Eckersly would make decent managers.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

What makes you think EITHER one of those guys would make good managers? Is it thier extensive success as managers at the minor league level? (Oh wait...they don't have any!) Or just the fact that you liked Lowell as a player and like Eck in the studio? Neither one of these guys have ANY credentials to be a manager. You Francona haters will say anything, even though Tito is THE MOST SUCCESSFULL manager in MODERN HISTORY (Post 1920) for the Sox. Mike Lowell?!?! Really?!? What a silly thing to say.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]After this fiasco if they do not make the playoffs, I do not think they will re doEpstein's contract because of all the money they have wasted on Carl Crawford, John Lackey, and Mike Cameron. I would predict Theo goes to Chicago.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that Theo is going to Chicago.  Haven't heard much discussion about this recently and it probably won't happen. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

THE GUY WHO CALLS HIM SELF SINDARIN HAS IT RIGHT
    ON THE MONEY. THIS TEAM IS ALL " FRANCONA'ED OUT " !!
    THEO EPSTEIN SHOULD BE RELEASED AS GM IF WE FINISH
    THIRD TO TAMPA, A FRANCHISE WITH A LITTLE MORE THAN
    A THIRD OF OUR PAYROLL. OUR MINOR LEAGUE SYSTEM HAS
    NOT PROVIDED US WITH ANY PROSPECTS EXCEPT REDDICK,
    WHO HAS BEEN YO-YO ed UP AND DOWN FOR THE LAST
    SEVERAL YRS. NO PITCHING PROSPECTS AT ALL....AND
    WEILAND +MILLER ARE PATHETIC. KALISH AND WESTMORE-
    LAND ARE NOT FACTORS, THOUGH WESTY HAD A VERY BAD
    MALADY THAT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN FORESEEN. WHAT EVER
    HAPPENED TO THE GREAT LARS ANDERSON ?? ANOTHER FALSE
    ALARM. YOU CAN BET THAT LAVARNWAY WILL NOT GET A
    CHANCE TO PLAY UNDER THEO, BECAUSE THE TEAM IS IN LOVE
    WITH VARITEK. CONSEQUENTLY WE HAVE NO RIGHT HANDED'
    BATS, EXCEPTING YOUK AND PEDEY WHO CANNOT BE MISTAKEN
    FOR A ROD AND TEIXEIRA. SO WITH AN UNDERACHIEVING
    MINOR LEAGUE SYSTEM, AND A PAYROLL BURDENED WITH
    LACKEY AND CRAWFORD, WE WILL BE LUCKY TO BE ABLE TO
    RETAIN ELLSBURY AND THAT'S NOT A SURE THING. YOUKILIS
    IS TOO BATTLE WORN TO BE MUCH VALUE IN THE FUTURE AND
    SHOULD BE TRADED NOW WHILE WE CAN GET A WARM BODY.
    THE GUY IS USELESS AT THE PLATE AND THE UMPS ARE WISE
    TO HIS ACT OF BEGGING FOR WALKS. WALKS ARE NOT WHAT
    A #4 BATTER SHOULD BE UP AT THE DISH FOR. EVEN A BAD
    A ROD IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A HEALTHY YOUK.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilcyMoore. Show WilcyMoore's posts

Epstein resigned before and if he views the Cubs' opportunity as the right one at the right time for him, he might welcome change.  You are right in observing at it "probably" won't happen, but until the Cubs announce that they have hired someone for the job, Epstein's name will still be part of the rumor mill.  Remember that he was not the team's first, second or third choice for GM when the new ownership assumed control and although his performance in the position has been historically significant with a couple of "bought" championships followed by a predictable media hyperbolic "love affair" and a lot of good luck involved, he is far from indispensable.  The owners know it and I think he does as well. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Bottom line - few clubs can match the success of the Sox since 2004 and those two get the credit since they were in place during that timeframe.  Not saying I am in total agreement with the direction the team is going - but it is what it is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1918Babe1918. Show 1918Babe1918's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new mngr & general mngr nxt year : Its not just his stats against Detroit. Its his stats against the Rays, the Yankees, and the Angels. What I said is that Gonzalez is not a GREAT player. He is, in fact, disappointing, because of his performance against good teams. Disappointing means disappointing TO ME. I expected more. As far as the location of my head, open your eyes: I am going to wink at you

Peter Abraham tried to cover up today for the second half bust for Gonzalez but as usual he was manipulating statistics. Pumpsie and I are above that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

He's killing Texas this year.  That means nothing?

The Angels have some fantastic starting pitching.  Weaver and Haren are easily two of the best in the AL.  So if you are disappointed that the Angels keep him from producing, can we assume you are equally disappointed in every hitter in the AL?

(Except Elvis Andrus, who, for reason no one understands, owns Jered Weaver.)