new mngr & general mngr nxt year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackripper. Show jackripper's posts

new mngr & general mngr nxt year

worst x & o mngr in baseball. incompetent. clueless. inept. awful. terrible.
    general mngr wastes to much money on punch & judy hitters. crawford= 140 mill. are you kidding me. lackey= 85 mill. worst pitcher in baseball.

THEY BOTH NEED TO BE FIRED. IM TIRED OF THIS BLEEP

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abc351f. Show abc351f's posts

Re: new mngr & general mngr nxt year

Hire a new medical staff that knows anything about injury prevention!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Good thing the Yankees stink or we would be about 9 back by now. They are terrible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

In Response to Re: new mngr & general mngr nxt year:
    [QUOTE]Hire a new medical staff that knows anything about injury prevention!
    Posted by abc351f[/QUOTE]

Yeah!!!! No one should ever get hurt!!!! Ever! This is all the med staff's fault.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Hey,the OP is Jack Tripper

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to new mngr & general mngr nxt year:
    [QUOTE]worst x & o mngr in baseball. incompetent. clueless. inept. awful. terrible. general mngr wastes to much money on punch & judy hitters. crawford= 140 mill. are you kidding me. lackey= 85 mill. worst pitcher in baseball. THEY BOTH NEED TO BE FIRED. IM TIRED OF THIS BLEEP
    Posted by jackripper[/QUOTE]

You can have your wish.

29 oither teams out there.

Go for it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfanmoncton. Show redsoxfanmoncton's posts

yeah 29 other teams that stand a chance of making playoff run,, good thing Baltimore is in division, to keep Sox from being the doormat

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I believe Tito needs to be evaluated medically to see if he needs medical help---honestly he may be having some medical problem like low blood sugar especially in crucial situations. He may need 3 or 4 days away from baseball.

How many times has he gone to the mound this year without taking out the pitcher---once or twice? Last night after DMc caused Ells to slow up on the triple; runner on third nobody out. Tito didn't go to the mound to lay out the plan-this is what we're going to do--let's get the next batter-check.

After that we'll walk Longoria, even though Bard has done reasonably well against him, to set up the DP. Tito should have eliminated the suicide squeeze from his players minds with the guy up that wants to be the hero and get the game winner--you walk him just as most managers walk Papi/AGon in crucial situations. Then no walk-- Bang!

Do something to instill confidence --we have a plan.
    Madden knew this was really the crucial game of the series and the season-when the sox tied it he could feel a season momentum swing coming if they lost this game especially with Lester going today. If the sox win 2 of 3 in Tampa the sox ship is righted. He now has to manage the balance of the game which he is use to doing...he doesn't let the other coaches manage he manages--he has a plan.

I don't doubt Tito has a plan but he keeps it to himself.

The captain, Tek, needs to talk with Tito or Theo needs to talk with him; everyone has a role--otherwise why have a capt. or a GM if you don't use the the bully pulpit that goes with the role. After the season is over at least you can say I did what I was suppose to at that time, I expressed my concern--no regrets.

I'm still not 100% convinced we are going to lose the WC but things need to have a little sense of urgency, and soon.

I don't believe management would make a managerial change this late but Theo and John Henry may with a little prodding from LL.

I'll be a lot concerned if it's the same old, same old today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Oh, I am sure that John Henry will fire Theo, Tito, the entire medical staff....oh heck, why not simply fire every single Red Sox employee at every level and completely start over. Unconditionally release Ellsbury, Wake, Lackey, Ortiz, Lowrie....heck release them all except Pedey, Gonzo and Lester. John Henry can then rebuild the Red Sox franchise around those 3 employees based on the wishes of the naysayer Yankee Trolls. Sadly, we would probably be a better teamSurprised

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]I believe Tito needs to be evaluated medically to see if he needs medical help---honestly he may be having some medical problem like low blood sugar especially in crucial situations. He may need 3 or 4 days away from baseball. How many times has he gone to the mound this year without taking out the pitcher---once or twice? Last night after DMc caused Ells to slow up on the triple; runner on third nobody out. Tito didn't go to the mound to lay out the plan-this is what we're going to do--let's get the next batter-check. After that we'll walk Longoria, even though Bard has done reasonably well against him, to set up the DP. Tito should have eliminated the suicide squeeze from his players minds with the guy up that wants to be the hero and get the game winner--you walk him just as most managers walk Papi/AGon in crucial situations. Then no walk-- Bang! Do something to instill confidence --we have a plan. Madden knew this was really the crucial game of the series and the season-when the sox tied it he could feel a season momentum swing coming if they lost this game especially with Lester going today. If the sox win 2 of 3 in Tampa the sox ship is righted. He now has to manage the balance of the game which he is use to doing...he doesn't let the other coaches manage he manages--he has a plan.   I don't doubt Tito has a plan but he keeps it to himself. The captain, Tek, needs to talk with Tito or Theo needs to talk with him; everyone has a role--otherwise why have a capt. or a GM if you don't use the the bully pulpit that goes with the role. After the season is over at least you can say I did what I was suppose to at that time, I expressed my concern--no regrets. I'm still not 100% convinced we are going to lose the WC but things need to have a little sense of urgency, and soon. I don't believe management would make a managerial change this late but Theo and John Henry may with a little prodding from LL. I'll be a lot concerned if it's the same old, same old today.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

We all know that Francona had a plan for the game on 9/10/2011. The problem is that he made the plan in February of 2011. His scedule for resting players was also formulated in February. That's why we see him rest a hot hitter for no apparent reason.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]worst x & o mngr in baseball. incompetent. clueless. inept. awful. terrible. general mngr wastes to much money on punch & judy hitters. crawford= 140 mill. are you kidding me. lackey= 85 mill. worst pitcher in baseball. THEY BOTH NEED TO BE FIRED. IM TIRED OF THIS BLEEP

Whoever we fire or hire I hope they have some sort of conditioning plan.  Our team has serious issues when a player or two get hurt each and every week.  The worst part about the Tampa series is we don't even have a pitcher who can stop a lineup that has maybe, three or four decent hitters on any given day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

I think Mike Lowell or Dennis Eckersly would make decent managers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Thats right on target Jack. If we do not rid ourselves of our GM and clueless witless manager, we will never win another ring. Thats just the way it is

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to new mngr & general mngr nxt year : Thats right on target Jack. If we do not rid ourselves of our GM and clueless witless manager, we will never win another ring. Thats just the way it is
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

The bottom line is our pitching staff is in shambles and the offense isn't executing when we have an opportunity like Papi hitting into a double play in the ninth last night and Tek in the 2nd inning today.  This Tampa team has nice pitching but the fact we can't shut down a mediocre lineup has been killing us.

Pitching its all about pitching and right now we have very little.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

here's a scary thought - what would the Phils rotation do to us at this point???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

The entire team needs to be dismantled. The current formula will never work. We are the most out of shape, injury prone team in MLB. Our pitching ALWAYS breaks down regardless of how many starters we have at the start of the season. Our minor league system has become a joke, no help coming anywhere, except Reddick this year. I am at the point, I hope they don't make the playoffs, and truly believe they won't come even close, then John Henry can take a hard, hard look at the organization, inclusive of players, and make some drastic changes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

BTW, IF we do make the playoffs by barely winning the Wild Card, I guarentee we get swept in round one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjkoko. Show jjkoko's posts

Don't hear of or see any leadership from the entire organization. The general manager, manager and players all seem silent. Maybe this comes from the team not wanting to sign outspoken or eccentric players. What this team needs right now is a player like Kevin Millar passing around a bottle Jack Daniels in the clubhouse instead of a team waiting for the return of JD Drew from his finger injury or back injury or shoulder injury or can't remember what's bothering him last. Someone, please put a pulse into this team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I agree.  It's a waste of a playoff spot to give it to a 175 million dollar team limping into the playoffs only to go 3 and out.

I'd rather see a hungry team, a bunch of underdogs, get their chance.  Even if they get swept at least they can say they made the playoffs one year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

I MADE THESE SAME POSTS THAT YOU DID , JACK, AND I WAS
    CALLED A "TOOL" AND YANKEE LOVER.  WELL.....NOW THE
    CHICKENS HAVE COME HOME TO ROOST. WE WILL LOSE THE
    WILDCARD TO THE RAYS OR ANGELS BECAUSE OF THEO EPSTEIN.
    THE RAYS BUILT FROM WITHIN AND HAVE A GREAT PITCHING
    STAFF, WITH NIEMANN, SHIELDS, PRICE AND HELLICKSON FOR
    STARTERS, AND ALEX COBB AS BACKUP.  MADDON IS A FAR
    SUPERIOR MANAGER TO FRANCONA CONSIDERING THE BUDGET
    HE HAS TO WORK WITH. GIVE MADDON 160 MILLION AND HE
    WOULD BEAT THE YANKS EVERY YEAR.  I SAID WE WOULD BE
    8-10 GAMES OUT AT YEARS END, AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S GONNA
    BE JUST LIKE THAT.  EPSTEIN MUST GO.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]I agree.  It's a waste of a playoff spot to give it to a 175 million dollar team limping into the playoffs only to go 3 and out. I'd rather see a hungry team, a bunch of underdogs, get their chance.  Even if they get swept at least they can say they made the playoffs one year.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

You mean that you won't care if the front office sits on their hands during the November free agency market. Did you feel that way last year or were you glad with the acquisitions and trades that they made then.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfanmoncton. Show redsoxfanmoncton's posts

barely hear anything except the roar of the laughter from Yankee fans around the world, imagine Yankees would not even have to win the WS this year, just watching the sox go from 1st to last would be victory enough
    wonder if Francona thinks they played anothe strong game today
    would not let Francona finish the year
    a 50/50 ball club could have won the wild card over the past 30games, these guys won't even finish 3rd at this rate

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]barely hear anything except the roar of the laughter from Yankee fans around the world, imagine Yankees would not even have to win the WS this year, just watching the sox go from 1st to last would be victory enough wonder if Francona thinks they played anothe strong game today would not let Francona finish the year a 50/50 ball club could have won the wild card over the past 30games, these guys won't even finish 3rd at this rate
    Posted by redsoxfanmoncton[/QUOTE]

Punctuation is a wonderful thing. Try it some time.