new PEDS report

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: new PEDS report

Hey Jete. You beat me to it.Here's some more from the article and a link to it>
    Fom the Miaminewtimes.com:

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-01-31/news/a-rod-and-doping-a-miami-clinic-supplies-drugs-to-sports-biggest-names/

Open the neat spreadsheet and scroll past the listing of local developers, prominent attorneys, and personal trainers. You'll find a lengthy list of nicknames: Mostro, Al Capone, El Cacique, Samurai, Yukon, Mohamad, Felix Cat, and D.R.

Then check out the main column, where their real names flash like an all-star roster of professional athletes with Miami ties: San Francisco Giants outfielder Melky Cabrera, Oakland A's hurler Bartolo Colón, pro tennis player Wayne Odesnik, budding Cuban superstar boxer Yuriorkis Gamboa, and Texas Rangers slugger Nelson Cruz. There's even the New York Yankees' $275 million man himself, Alex Rodriguez, who has sworn he stopped juicing a decade ago. 

Read further and you'll find more than a dozen other baseball pros, from former University of Miami ace Cesar Carrillo to Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal to Washington Nationals star Gio Gonzalez. Notable coaches are there too, including UM baseball conditioning guru Jimmy Goins.

The names are all included in an extraordinary batch of records from Biogenesis, an anti-aging clinic tucked into a two-story office building just a hard line drive's distance from the UM campus. They were given to New Times by an employee who worked at Biogenesis before it closed last month and its owner abruptly disappeared. The records are clear in describing the firm's real business: selling performance-enhancing drugs, from human growth hormone (HGH) to testosterone to anabolic steroids

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

Is this something we didn't already know??? Dam! Are people stupid. You really really thought that A-Rod was clean??? And Roger was getting better with age???  To make you feel better there are players on every team that are on or were on PEDs at one time . Every team !!!! Sorry to burst your bubble.......

DRD4...just posting the report, there's nothing you need to make me feel better about, and being that i held no illusions about Alex, there's no bubble for you to burst... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Good Morning folks....in the wake of the recent positive tests, i didn't think anyone would  be so collossaly(sp) stupid to keep going, but A-Rod(and others) prove me wrong...A-Rod among players listed in latest PED report
    By Mike Axisa .

A report in The Miami New Times concerning Anthony Bosch — who is under investigation by MLB and the DEA — says Alex Rodriguez is among the players who received performance-enhancing drugs from his South Florida clinic. According to the clinic’s records, A-Rod received HGH and other substances from Bosch from at least 2009 through last season. Here’s the A-Rod-related text so you don’t have to read the entire article…

There, at number seven on the list, is Alex Rodriguez. He paid $3,500, Bosch notes. Below that, he writes, “1.5/1.5 HGH (sports perf.) creams test., glut., MIC, supplement, sports perf. Diet.” HGH, of course, is banned in baseball, as are testosterone creams.

That’s not the only damning evidence against A-Rod, though. Another document from the files, a loose sheet with a header from the 19th Annual World Congress on Anti-Aging and Aesthetic Medicine, lays out a full regimen under the name Cacique: “Test. cream… troches prior to workout… and GHRP… IGF-1… pink cream.”

(snip)

There’s more evidence. On a 2009 client list, near A-Rod’s name, is that of Yuri Sucart, who paid Bosch $500 for a weeklong supply of HGH. Sucart is famous to anyone who has followed baseball’s steroid scandal. Soon after A-Rod’s admission, the slugger admitted that Sucart — his cousin and close friend — was the mule who provided the superstar his drugs. In 2009, the same year this notebook was written, Sucart (who lives in South Miami and didn’t respond to a message left at his home) was banned from all Yankees facilities.

The mentions of Rodriguez begin in 2009 and continue all the way through last season. Take a page in another notebook, which is labeled “2012″ and looks to have been written last spring. Under the heading “A-Rod/Cacique,” Bosch writes, “He is paid through April 30th. He will owe May 1 $4,000… I need to see him between April 13-19, deliver troches, pink cream, and… May meds. Has three weeks of Sub-Q (as of April).”

Melky Cabrera, Gio Gonzalez, and Nelson Cruz are among the other players named, and all have South Florida (and in most cases, Scott Boras) ties. MLB will implement in-season HGH testing this year and although I stopped caring about the PED stuff a long time ago, this is obviously going to be a huge, huge story. It’s worth noting The Miami New Times doesn’t have the greatest journalistic track record, but I’m sure we’re going to here an awful lot more about this. This is only the start.............Edit..speaking ONLY for me, if true, as a Yankee fan  i am again embarrased by him and the Yanks deserve any scorn they receive throughout the league...

If true could be the end for Arod.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Jete,this isn't just about the Yankees,this is about athletes from different sports and teams,including the University of Miami.Every team has/had individuals who are willing to break the rules to give themselves a competitive edge.

For many,it also means a MUCH bigger contract at the professional level and for college players,maybe that edge is what they need to get noticed by Pro teams.Even if they get caught,the suspensions aren't that much of a deterrent as compared to the money and fame they recieve for juicing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Jete,this isn't just about the Yankees,this is about athletes from different sports and teams,including the University of Miami.Every team has/had individuals who are willing to break the rules to give themselves a competitive edge.

For many,it also means a MUCH bigger contract at the professional level and for college players,maybe that edge is what they need to get noticed by Pro teams.Even if they get caught,the suspensions aren't that much of a deterrent as compared to the money and fame they recieve for juicing.

mojo, i totally get that...my intent wasn't to make him the focus, my dismay much like others is sports-wide, was just commenting as a Yankee fan on him in direct relation as a Yankees player...i'd be just as upset if anyone else on the team was also named, as a baseball fan i'd consider it a blow to the game if Ortiz or Pedroia(just a hypo in his case) was outed..  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

If true hard to believe he sucked so bad while on PEDS and HGH.

Certainly didn't get his moneys worth.

@YankeesWFAN: Again: unlikely Yanks could void ARod contract. PED discipline is part of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

@JonHeymanCBS: word is, Miami New Times has more player names (but so far less substantiation on those). #peds #miami http://t.co/TzbT484N

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Really encouraging to see baseball go after these people.

Out all the cheaters.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Harold Reynolds is on MLB Network right now and he thinks it’s possible lifetime bans might come out of this

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

which teams had the most players associated with this? seems systematic...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Erik Boland@eboland1116m

More MLB: “We are in the midst of an active investigation &are gathering and reviewing information." no further comment until after invest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Gio Gonzalez too?  I'm sure Billy Beane is glad that he traded him to Washington.   LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

If all the cheaters were banned from sports would they have enough left to form any teams?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

which teams had the most players associated with this? seems systematic...

Unfortunately all the names don't come out.

Do I think Jason Giambi ever stopped? No.

Why random blood tests will help.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

$500 for a weeklong supply of HGH?  Jeez - That's $26K a year.  Not a lot for someone making more than the Pope, but how are the rest of us supposed to compete?

Is that stuff in pill form or does it require an injection? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Dear Kids,

If you cheat in school, you get expelled.

But if you cheat in professional sports, you just get a suspension and you can still sign a multi-million dollar deal such as Melky did with Toronto.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Dear Kids,

But if you cheat in professional sports, you just get a suspension and you can still sign a multi-million dollar deal such as Melky did with Toronto.  

Be interesting to find out if Melky used the stuff after his ban.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Dear Kids,

The real issue is, what percentage of cheaters actually get caught? Cheating seems to be epidemic in all areas in this country. It pays to cheat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Melky and Nelly Cruz are also on that list.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i'm curious if this might be the time the whispers get louder on Joey Bats...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

Dear Kids,

The real issue is, what percentage of cheaters actually get caught? Cheating seems to be epidemic in all areas in this country. It pays to cheat.

Let's see this play out. I doubt if these people are caught red handed especially Melky that they will get off easy.

And Arod after the public apology and admitting he used could get a good boot too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Dear Kids,

If Melky used the stuff after his ban then it will be Toronto's problem.   :)

More importantly, it will show that Melky did not learn his lesson.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Dear Kids,

If Melky used the stuff after his ban then it will be Toronto's problem.   :)

More importantly, it will show that Melky did not learn his lesson.  

If Melky is caught could be at least a season ban.

Sections
Shortcuts