new PEDS report

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: new PEDS report

ARod has hired atty Roy Black who is famous for defending William Kennedy Smith.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

ARod has hired atty Roy Black who is famous for defending William Kennedy Smith.

then, married one of the jurors:)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bill9306. Show bill9306's posts

As much as I dislike the Yankees this type of thing is bigger than wanting the sox to finish ahead of the Yankees in the AL East.  A Rod should be sued by the NY Yankees to not have to pay the remainder of his contract.  This type of thing makes Cashman's job infinitely harder and A Rod is essentially defrauding the payroll of 30+ million per year.  It is simply wrong on so many levels.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

"Justice" is very expensive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Noooooooo! We want Arods contract on the Yankees books 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

some surprising stuff. Gia and Cruz are eye openers. this is definitely interesting to say the least

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenMonster1964. Show GreenMonster1964's posts

In response to bill9306's comment:

As much as I dislike the Yankees this type of thing is bigger than wanting the sox to finish ahead of the Yankees in the AL East.  A Rod should be sued by the NY Yankees to not have to pay the remainder of his contract.  This type of thing makes Cashman's job infinitely harder and A Rod is essentially defrauding the payroll of 30+ million per year.  It is simply wrong on so many levels.

I assume that this is exactly the path the Yankees will take, as there is no other way out from under his contract........I would also expect ARod to argue that the Yankees knew what he was doing when they signed him..........although his recent statement denying everything would seem to make that harder

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

<snip>

Melky Cabrera, Gio Gonzalez, and Nelson Cruz are among the other players named, and all have South Florida (and in most cases, Scott Boras) ties. MLB will implement in-season HGH testing this year and although I stopped caring about the PED stuff a long time ago, this is obviously going to be a huge, huge story. It’s worth noting The Miami New Times doesn’t have the greatest journalistic track record, but I’m sure we’re going to here an awful lot more about this. This is only the start.............Edit..speaking ONLY for me, if true, as a Yankee fan  i am again embarrased by him and the Yanks deserve any scorn they receive throughout the league...

Jete...

All things considered it was a classy move on your part to start this thread. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

As already mentioned above by TWM and other posters, this might turn out to be the escape hatch on AROD's killer contract that Yankeee management could have only imagined in their dreams, even with all the damaging publicity for the Yankee organization that is involved in the short run, and then even down the road as well....Buster Olney seems to think this might be the end of AROD's Yankee days (and maybe baseball days in general), assuming the report has merit and MLB takes disciplinary action...I have to fess up, and confess to being more forgiving than a lot of Yankee fans for AROD's past steroid/PED abuse, as well as his other shenanigans...But his continued use of PED's even through this past year, with mediocre results to show for it, suggests just how self-destructive an individual he is...At this point I hope Olney is right, and AROD's Yankee days are numbered.  But jete is also spot on in pointing out that the Yankee organization "deserves any scorn" it gets "around the league" and among fans.  While the end of AROD's Yankee days, if that is how this plays out, is a positive for the Yankees from a long-term perspective, the damage done to the Yankees brand will never be completely mended...

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog/_/name/olney_buster/id/8893086/alex-rodriguez-finished-new-york-wake-latest-ped-news-mlb

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to donrd4's comment:

Is this something we didn't already know??? Dam! Are people stupid. You really really thought that A-Rod was clean??? And Roger was getting better with age???  To make you feel better there are players on every team that are on or were on PEDs at one time . Every team !!!! Sorry to burst your bubble.......

DRD4...just posting the report, there's nothing you need to make me feel better about and being that i held no illusions about Alex, there's no bubble for you to burst... 

Good response to an unjustified one!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

thanks S5 and GPC...despite the bad light it places the Yanks in, it's still baseball news, and an issue all of us as baseball fans want to see get taken care of... 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Your welcome, jete...Nice job all-around with this link and your astute comments...MLBTR is quoting Yahoo's Jeff Passan as tweeting his doubts about the Yanks' ability to void AROD's contract, since they were not able to do it after the last set of revelations..Olney and others might, in fact, be a bit premature in saying AROD's Yankee days are over...If he does return in the summer of 2013, the pejorative adjective albatross has suddenly been given a renewed meaning and complexity in the MLB universe than it ever had before...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/01/gonzalez-cruz-rodriguez-cabrera-linked-to-peds.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

There's no getting around it; ARod is a chronic liar & a cheat. While he won't get in the HOF, he shall live comfortably for the rest of his life, and so will his descendants for a long time to come. What does that say to the youth?

If he had any humility at all, he would settle with the NYY right now. Actually, Hank deserves this unproductive mess. What a bang for the buck - in bizarro world (For those that read Superman comics way back when)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

There's no getting around it; ARod is a chronic liar & a cheat. While he won't get in the HOF, he shall live comfortably for the rest of his life, and so will his descendants for a long time to come. What does that say to the youth?

If he had any humility at all, he would settle with the NYY right now. Actually, HAL deserves this unproductive mess. What a bang for the buck - in bizarro world (For those that read Superman comics way back when)

I could not agree with you more,nh, even though my misplaced loyalty to ARod is dying a slow death...For a brief moment, I actually wondered to myself when I first read Olney's article whether he would have enough class at this juncture to bow out.  But that would be the ARod that the heavily denial-based kid in me views as somehow semi-connected in spirit to the Yankee greats...He will surely Pete Rosenize this entire process to the last ounce of imagined redemption daquiris he has been imbibing for quite some time...   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Please "not guilty"  we want the Yankees paying all of that contract to a useless player.  It will make the AL east a more level playing field.  Actually I don't care even our WS wins are tainted with the drug use too.  Its too bad its come to this.  Trying to clean it up is harder than letting everyone use and let the records fall.  Its todays society at its best.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

Please "not guilty"  we want the Yankees paying all of that contract to a useless player.  It will make the AL east a more level playing field.  Actually I don't care even our WS wins are tainted with the drug use too.  Its too bad its come to this.  Trying to clean it up is harder than letting everyone use and let the records fall.  Its todays society at its best.

The lying is the issue and it's a tough one to come back from if there is more evidence that implicates Arod.

I do think we will never see him again in a Yankee uniform. I cannot even imagine him showing up to old timers day unless Jeter or Mo make it okay for him to do so.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

What MLB should do is allow teams to void contracts of players  who get caught. The idea that even a 50 game suspension would stop players from cheating when millions of dollars are involved is crazy. Hit the players where it hurts = the wallet.

Think the Yanks might want to get that albatross of a contract for Arod off their books. It was signed under false pretenses = he was a cheat and probably been doing it as far back as high school. Those who think he did it only for the 01-03 seasons as he claims, I have some water front property for sale.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

This Tony Bosch / ARod debacle will make a great TV movie.  I love how it was Bosch's unpaid "employees" who sold the story.  The Miami News Times piece destroys Bosch so harshly it made me chuckle.

I visited Galea's office in Toronto one day in the 90's, more may come out on what he was giving ARod and others.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

it's strange how this thing is starting out almost the same as the list of 104, with A-Rod pushed out front...

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Seriously, anyone with half a brain stem has known that Arod has been using since his days in Seattle. Probably since high school. It's no surprise this was going to happen. He is actually right on schedule for a total body breakdown.

I personally think it's pretty likely Junior was using also back then. He just decided to come clean before the trade to Cincinnati. And he fell apart physically also. I definitely have no proof of that and we need to give him the benefit of the doubt. It could just be that "the kid" played hard and crashed into too many walls and such, beating his body up. If it is true though, at least when such issues came to the forefront as cheating, Junior appeared to stop. He has my respect either way. Arod has been total trash since day one. He is still lying about it. Off the edge of credulity.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

Seriously, anyone with half a brain stem has known that Arod has been using since his days in Seattle. Probably since high school. It's no surprise this was going to happen. He is actually right on schedule for a total body breakdown.

I personally think it's pretty likely Junior was using also back then. He just decided to come clean before the trade to Cincinnati. And he fell apart physically also. I definitely have no proof of that and we need to give him the benefit of the doubt. It could just be that "the kid" played hard and crashed into too many walls and such, beating his body up. If it is true though, at least when such issues came to the forefront as cheating, Junior appeared to stop. He has my respect either way. Arod has been total trash since day one. He is still lying about it. Off the edge of credulity.

Not to stir up old fights, but who thinks the two rebound sluggers in toronto are clean?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Mr Heckle, I'd like you to meet Mr Jeckle.

All this story does is to call attention to what has been and remains a cultural problem in the game itself. While Selig and the owners have tried to present themselves and MLB in a positive light on this issue. In the end the reward for use still outweighs the risk of getting caught. Testing alone is not the answer and until they make the use punitive enough that the risk outweighs the reward the cycle will continue.

The problem is that the players are the product that makes the whole thing work and implementing tougher penalties like say a 2 year ban, and voiding the players contract. means that the owners also have to bare the burden of signing or employing players that use. At stake is the very integrity of the game and Selig knows that his legesey will be stained by his involvement in the oversight of the game during this era. This latest round, along with his MVP from 2011 being busted on his hometown team, only speaks to how far behind the curve MLB is on this. 

The question that IMHO that has never truly been vetted is just how much MLB and the owners were involved in allowing this scourge to take hold in the interest of increasing shareholder value?

Sections
Shortcuts