4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: New Softlaw Alias

In response to louisthelipp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

pike

[/QUOTE]
    Can you tell us the story once more that the State Police drove by your house and ignored the fact that you were smoking pot. At 60 mph I imagine that they also saw the tatoo on you arm and noted that you were a Red Sox fan. Did they also take note that your dog had tartar on his teeth?

[/QUOTE]

pike :)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

On Election Day, November 2, 1920 African Americans in Ocoee and in other parts of Florida sought to cast their ballots for President.

It was a revolutionary act. Black political participation would have shattered the very foundations of legal segregation in the South. A breakthrough in Florida would have accelerated the modern civil rights movement. Some of the greatest activists of the day were involved in this crusade, including James Weldon Johnson, Mary McCleod Bethune, and Walter White.

State and local officials -- along with the Ku Klux Klan -- understood that white supremacy was in trouble. They responded mercilessly. African Americans who tried to go to the polls were attacked, driven out of the state, and assassinated. In several counties, armed Klansmen surrounded courthouses on Election Day to ensure that black Floridians did not vote. In Ocoee, a well-organized group of paramilitaries killed and drove African Americans out of the town. Houses were torched, and refugees streamed out of western Orange County for days.

The NAACP's Walter White estimated that approximately fifty African Americans had been killed. A University of Florida student who interviewed local residents for a history term paper claimed in 1949 that "About thirty to thirty-five [murdered] is the most common estimate of the old timers." Ocoee remained an all-white town for decades.

A resident of Ocoee wrote in 1969, "As recently as ten years ago a sign admonished the Ocoee visitor as he approached the city limits that Negroes and dogs were unwelcome." 

[/QUOTE]

piiiiiiiiiike

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

What is this garbage?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Thats just pike being pike. And he wonders why posters excoriate him and tolerate softlaw.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thats just pike being pike. And he wonders why posters excoriate him and tolerate softlaw.

[/QUOTE]

I've never seen him as bizarre as he's been today.  An act?  Drunk?  An imposter?  Truly losing it?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

Both Softlaw and Moonslav are AWOL today. What ever happened to Rameakap? He was one of the few who had no use for Softlaw whatsoever and labeled him as a complete racist.  Did J-Bay ban him too?

[/QUOTE]

Softlaw does occasionally talk Red Sox. He has a vision for the team, which I disagree with. He is a racist and gets banned every once and awhile. You decided to wag war on this forum because people dare question a 69 win team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I tend to disagree with softlaw(as alot of people do here) but atleast he writes something of substance. This...to be honest i dont know what the hell this is(apparently its pike being pike). Lol

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Both Softlaw and Moonslav are AWOL today. What ever happened to Rameakap? He was one of the few who had no use for Softlaw whatsoever and labeled him as a complete racist.  Did J-Bay ban him too?

[/QUOTE]

Softlaw does occasionally talk Red Sox. He has a vision for the team, which I disagree with. He is a racist and gets banned every once and awhile. You decided to wag war on this forum because people dare question a 69 win team.

[/QUOTE]

Numerous times I agreed on what many in the media were saying which should be obvious to those who watch 162 games per season like I do. The Sox were riddled with more injuries than any other team and they set a record of trips to the DL that was the most since 1987. Secondly Lester, Beckett, and Bard underperformed which was unpredictable.  Bailey got injured - not Ben's fault. Youk got old and crippled. Middlebrooks got injured. Crawford, Beckett, and Gonzalez were traded away which contributed to the swoon dive. Pedroia was out and then played injured. Papi missed the last six weeks. Why blame Ben for this? Bucholz was asked what went wrong and responded " Everything". Why is Bucholz ten times more perceptive than this forum is?

Most on the forum did not address the above factors in their bashing rant and that is because they are either stupid, senile, or are trying to annoy us. Scapegoating should not be allowed when you factor in the injuries, unexpected underperformance, playing AAA players, and the trade of Beckett and Gonzalez. Some of the intelligent media caught this and the tabloid media needed to scapegoat since that sells to the lowest common denominator.

[/QUOTE]

2012 was about about 3 years of bad decisions. Without the injuries they weren't a playoff team. Fans have the right to question management until they proven they have made they right decision. On top of that if you disagree you don't have the right to post private information about poster on the net. It is very creepy you look up there private info. You just don't get it, fans complain. They love their team but they complain about. This is what makes fans passionate. You don't think your war on this forum is worse than some one b itching about the Victorino signing? Guess what it is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've never seen him as bizarre as he's been today.  An act?  Drunk?  An imposter?  Truly losing it?

[/QUOTE]

Ive seen it before. There was a Sunday last winter that he literally spent the entire day ranting on here as bad if not worse than today. Im talking PAGES AND PAGES of posts if laid end to end. I watched it all day while the NFL games were on, left home and went to church that evening, came back home and found him still at it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

If you are a black man, I suggest that you avoid Ocooe, Florida. A word to the wise should be sufficient.

[/QUOTE]

YOU are a black man. Keep your own counsel then about Ocoee.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

Was that the week where you spent five days at your computer putting together that Civil War story that included as characters everyone from this forum? You must have had tons of time to waste. Fortunately you plagarized much of it from a diary made public on Google Books.  That thread died due to a profound lack of interest in two days despite you bumping it up five times per day. How embarassing was that? You could have been outside changing your oil and filter instead. You were your biggest and only fan on that short story. 

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  I remember that. Written by a Reds fan bored with talking about the Sox. How could he not even mention it wasn't his own material?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

Was that the week where you spent five days at your computer putting together that Civil War story that included as characters everyone from this forum? You must have had tons of time to waste. Fortunately you plagarized much of it from a diary made public on Google Books.  That thread died due to a profound lack of interest in two days despite you bumping it up five times per day. How embarassing was that? You could have been outside changing your oil and filter instead. You were your biggest and only fan on that short story. 

[/QUOTE]

1. Nice try.

2. I never bumped it once, that's what you do, and I'm not like you.

3. It had three parts not five.

4. Show me the parts I plaigerized. Would that be the fictional parts about a fictional battle that I made up that never happened in real life at a fictional fort that never existed that I used YOUR moniker to name and create? OK..... I blew that theory up last winter when you foistered it on all of us. George Templeton Strong was a NY lawyer who was not privy to any military information. Plaigerizing his daily journal to write about a battle would be stupid. You're an idiot pike, this isnt even at the kindergarten level of desperate/stupid.

5. Like most of the people on this forum, I had completely forgotten about it til you brought it up here tonight. And as I posted last year, since everyone who I wanted to read it did, I forgot about it and moved on. I'm glad to see that it got under your skin so much that you're still posting about it showing your anger over it almost a full year later. Mission accmplished, because that's why I did it. I didnt do it for everyone to read and to have it become popular on here, I did it to annoy YOU.

6. Finally, to answer your question, NO, it was not the same day.

7. Stay away from Ocoee

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL.  I remember that. Written by a Reds fan bored with talking about the Sox. How could he not even mention it wasn't his own material?

[/QUOTE]

Pikesaysthis. If this doesnt prove it, I dont know what would. NO ONE but pike would post what you just did. But you NEVER use more that one moniker at a time......

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

Why would a Reds fan spend night after night on a Boston Red Sox forum instead of watching the Reds games on his TV. We have Sox fans who like to split their concentration and diminish their enjoyment by going to the gamethread and bash  and watch NESN but it really seems odd to watch two games at once and participate in two forums and all at the same time. Do you also juggle and ride a unicycle while you are doing this?

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts