New York sportswriter says Varitek should manage Red Sox next year

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: New York sportswriter says Varitek should manage Red Sox next year

In Response to New York sportswriter says Varitek should manage Red Sox next year:
    Here's Joel Sherman's take on things.... http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/21974/varitek-floated-as-valentine-successor
    Posted by davetheknave

I heard many callers today on the local radio stations discussing this.  I agree that having a former player who was a teammate of the current players as the next manager would be a bad idea.  I do think that Varitek would be a good coach but definitely not the next manager. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: New York sportswriter says Varitek should manage Red Sox next year:
    In Response to New York sportswriter says Varitek should manage Red Sox next year : I heard many callers today on the local radio stations discussing this.  I agree that having a former player who was a teammate of the current players as the next manager would be a bad idea.  I do think that Varitek would be a good coach but definitely not the next manager. 
    Posted by susan250
    Varitek would need to start out in Fort Myers if he wanted to manage the Red Sox. I don't know if he'd do that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Bill Mueller.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I want Kevin Millar in the coaching staff too.  He can help the Red Sox have fun out there too. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: New York sportswriter says Varitek should manage Red Sox next year:
    I want Kevin Millar in the coaching staff too.  He can help the Red Sox have fun out there too. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream

Hire all three-Tek, Mueller, and Millar.  The RS need to start making this fun again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In Response to Re: New York sportswriter says Varitek should manage Red Sox next year : Hire all three-Tek, Mueller, and Millar.  The RS need to start making this fun again.
    Posted by Joebreidey

I agree with you. 

The ballclub now looks so depressed with no sense of urgency. 

Even send comedian Robin Williams if we have to.  lol 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I think Mark Bellhorn. Or Gabe Kapler. Or Dave Roberts. Anyone from the '04 team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I'll manage the team.

Show 'em all how it's done.

Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Farrell needs to leave Toronto and come back to Boston.

Send Dice-K and Valentine back to Japan.  lol

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: New York sportswriter says Varitek should manage Red Sox next year : Out of those three, I see Kapler as up and comming, but I think he just started a new company out in Cali. Kapler would be the first manager in better shape than all of his players:)
    Posted by beavis*

Twas joking.
    You mentioned Tony Pena earlier. He was the guy I wanted last time.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Obama says he should be re-elected. Who cares what Obama and a NY sportscaster say. Varitek had his chance to coach the 2011 Red Sox. He failed.
    Posted by TrotterNixon
    Thank you for that political commentary on our baseball thread.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: New York sportswriter says Varitek should manage Red Sox next year : dumb....dumb.......and.......wait for it..........................................dumb. _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown  
    Posted by bellhorn_

Can't believe I have to point this out, but I was ... wait for it ... being sarcastic.
    Guess I was giving people too much credit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: New York sportswriter says Varitek should manage Red Sox next year : Can't believe I have to point this out (not once, but twice), but I was ... wait for it ... being sarcastic. Guess I was giving people too much credit.
    Posted by LloydDobler
    He really is a maroon, but sometimes he's funny.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: New York sportswriter says Varitek should manage Red Sox next year : He really is a maroon, but sometimes he's funny.
    Posted by carnie

What an imbessel.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: New York sportswriter says Varitek should manage Red Sox next year : Hire all three-Tek, Mueller, and Millar.  The RS need to start making this fun again.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Nope. No former Sox players should be in a management position at all. Clean flush. Thats what it will take.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

In Response to Re: New York sportswriter says Varitek should manage Red Sox next year : Out of those three, I see Kapler as up and comming, but I think he just started a new company out in Cali. Kapler would be the first manager in better shape than all of his players:)
    Posted by beavis*

Kapler was in the booth with Remy and Orsillo a while back talking about his new company. I do think he might make a good coach or manager.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

In Response to Re: New York sportswriter says Varitek should manage Red Sox next year : Nope. No former Sox players should be in a management position at all. Clean flush. Thats what it will take.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

Tek was a great catcher but he should not manager this group of players on the Sox because he was part of the clique last year and is too close to these guys.

Sections
Shortcuts