New York Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

New York Yankees

Not much of an OP from me, mainly looking for good baseball posters to tell me what they think.

How do the Yankees look now and where do they go from here? Brett Gardner? A year from free-agency and could still be of trade value for a Doug Fister type starter? Cano? The health of Texiera? The entire pitching staff, no Rivera, what can New York do to be better and close big holes in their pitching staff?

Ellesbury

Jeter

Tex

Soriano

McCann

Suziki

Nunez?

3B?

and the starters...

Sabathia

Pineda 

Nova

Phelps

Huff/Warren

Honestly I am not sure if I should be laughing, I am unimpressed. Cano stays and they can score a lot of runs, but........ 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: New York Yankees

Let's assume they do not re-sign Cano and Elles goes down for most of the season in June with an injury... this team instantly becomes old and slow-footed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Yanks have issues. Signing Ellsbury is about the last thing the Yanks needed, they already had Gardner who is a very similar type player. Maybe Yanks know something RS didn't = Ellsbury can pitch?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

They have talent, but no more than a lot of other teams.  Right now, without Cano, they bsically have an IF that played virtually no games last year.

A nice defensive OF with some speed, that hit very few HRs.

Their #3 SP missed all of last year, and I don't know who #4/5 is.

And an excellent setup guy moving into the closer role.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Not much of an OP from me, mainly looking for good baseball posters to tell me what they think.

How do the Yankees look now and where do they go from here? Brett Gardner? A year from free-agency and could still be of trade value for a Doug Fister type starter? Cano? The health of Texiera? The entire pitching staff, no Rivera, what can New York do to be better and close big holes in their pitching staff?

Ellesbury

Jeter

Tex

Soriano

McCann

Suziki

Nunez?

3B?

and the starters...

Sabathia

Pineda 

Nova

Phelps

Huff/Warren

Honestly I am not sure if I should be laughing, I am unimpressed. Cano stays and they can score a lot of runs, but........ 

Yankees will be in the mix when it's all said and done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Will Jay Z start wearing a Mariner's cap if Cano signs  with Seattle? All the other clowns would start wearing them too.

As much as I'd like to see them lose him, Cano will be back with the yankees, it's just matter of how much and how long. Yankee brass is not going to let a hoped for payroll ceiling get in the way of fielding a winning product.

Even with all their money I don't know where they are going to get all of the pitching that they need. Most of it would have to be through trades and they don't have many chips.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

It is an old team, and every 6+ year deal they sign puts them deeper in the grave for the next decade. Can you imagine if they had given Beltran 3 years?

ARod - suspended

Jeter - fragile and old

Nova - totally unpredictable

Pineda - still waiting

Suzuki - shadow of former self

Soriano - old but can still hit

Tex - either MVP or Bust depending on his health

Elles - averages under 140 games a year

Sabathia - needs to continue to re-invent himself

They are talking about adding Brandon Phillps who is a clubhouse headache.

Do they have a closer?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to MikeNagy's comment:

Will Jay Z start wearing a Mariner's cap if Cano signs  with Seattle? All the other clowns would start wearing them too.

As much as I'd like to see them lose him, Cano will be back with the yankees, it's just matter of how much and how long. Yankee brass is not going to let a hoped for payroll ceiling get in the way of fielding a winning product.

Even with all their money I don't know where they are going to get all of the pitching that they need. Most of it would have to be through trades and they don't have many chips.

lol good one mike

I guess we disagree on what's out there 4 FA arms tanaka now included

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

With the new psoting limit of 20M, that means Tanaka will be available to pretty much any team in MLB. The problem the Yankees will run into with this situation is that now that the posting fee is so low, Tanaka will get a large paycheck with goes against the annual AAV not the other way around.

Also, ARod may hold things up into Jan/Feb. Its going to get tricky to stay under the LT limit. If they go over, Ellsbury's deal just turned into a 200+M deal with the tax assessed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

lol good one mike

I guess we disagree on what's out there 4 FA arms tanaka now included

Greetings, Zac,

I just took a look around and I guess there are more arms available than I thought.

Do you think Cano will be back with the yanks?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

B4 or after I ate the brownies ;-)

IDK mike I'd be sursprised not shocked if he wasn't

at this point I  care more about tanaka

I'm guessing the new posting system puts the 189 dream to bed

and yanks continue to improve by FA

speaking of being shocked

while ells makes any team better  CF wasn't a priority

so I can't see them making that move if they weren't planing on making other big moves

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I don'y see anyone on the free agent list that will add to the Yankees rotation, in the way that CC did in 2009.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/09/top-34-free-agent-starters.html

I hope they bid against themselves again, for Garza.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

B4 or after I ate the brownies ;-)

IDK mike I'd be sursprised not shocked if he wasn't

at this point I  care more about tanaka

I'm guessing the new posting system puts the 189 dream to bed

and yanks continue to improve by FA

speaking of being shocked

while ells makes any team better  CF wasn't a priority

so I can't see them making that move if they weren't planing on making other big moves

Ellsbury leaving was a double whammy. We lost him and the yanks got him. I wasn't surprised though. I got the impression he wasn't too happy in Boston or the way he was handled by the medical staff during his various injuries. It was pretty clear that they never had any intention of paying him what he was going to want or giving him the years. I kind of thought he would end up in New York. At least he can't grow facial hair so he won't have to worry about shaving to maintain that cleancut yankee NARC appearance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

Yanks have issues. Signing Ellsbury is about the last thing the Yanks needed, they already had Gardner who is a very similar type player. Maybe Yanks know something RS didn't = Ellsbury can pitch?

Morning gary, this isn't a knock but going into the offseason and thru ST noone in baseball was exactly raving about the Sox pitching last year, turned out well..that said i agree on the issues part...definitely need to shore up the pitching...as for Ellsbury, i think the deal is too long and the $$ too high...don't particularly feel they needed him, but he's a good player who needs to stay healthy....willing to let the pact get underway and give him a chance...no doubt Yanks still have a ways to go.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

If the Sox can help with getting Kemp off the Dodgers hands perhaps Magic and JayZ can work some Magic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Yankees will always spend whatever it takes to get back on top. That has been very obvious over the years. It is never surprising.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

When the yankees finally pony up the jay-z $$$....any WAR that ellsbury provides compared to last year's CF for the yankees washes out the negative WAR of whomever is closing for them now that Mo is Go. 

no matter who they bring in as starter you still need someone to pitch the 7th, 8th, and 9th.  they are a 90 win team at best

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

With the new psoting limit of 20M, that means Tanaka will be available to pretty much any team in MLB. The problem the Yankees will run into with this situation is that now that the posting fee is so low, Tanaka will get a large paycheck with goes against the annual AAV not the other way around.

Also, ARod may hold things up into Jan/Feb. Its going to get tricky to stay under the LT limit. If they go over, Ellsbury's deal just turned into a 200+M deal with the tax assessed.

I will believe that the Yankees intend to get under the LT tax limit when I see it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I will believe that the Yankees intend to get under the LT tax limit when I see it.

and not a New York minute sooner. The road to hell is paved with good intentions....and straight to the Bronx.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Ellesbury

Jeter

Tex

Soriano

McCann

Suziki

Nunez?

3B?

and the starters...

Sabathia

Pineda 

Nova

Phelps

Huff/Warren

Yankees will be in the mix when it's all said and done.

HH biggest Yankee cheerleader behind Zac. lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

and not a New York minute sooner. The road to hell is paved with good intentions....and straight to the Bronx.

+1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Yanks better keep their payroll in check. They need to save some money for the umpires. Tongue Out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You have a NYY problem

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

14     15     16     17     18     19     20     21

ARod     25M  21M   20M  20M (+$6M for #660, 714, 755, 756)

Sab       23M  23M   25M  25M(option w $5M buyout)

Tex       22.5  22.5  22.5 

Ells       22M  22M  22M  22M  22M  22M  22M

Wells    21M

Sori      18M

McCann 17M 17M 17M  17M  17M  15n (option w/ no buyout)

Jeter       8M (Player option with $3M buyout)'

Suzuki    6.5M

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Here is the reality: New York is the financial capital of the world. New York is the media capital of the world. Except for Hollywood, New York is the entertainment capital of the world. The major sports have their headquarters in New York. I wonder why ?  Very many of the top athletes desire to play in New York. Very few leave there willingly. The Yankees have a huge revenue stream from gate receipts, TV and radio. The Yankees have been more than willing to spend whatever it takes to stay on top. This formula has worked for them, as 27 World Championships will attest. The New York Yankee fans have become quite arrogant about this success. This is why we hate them. This is why many fans around the country hate them. But we cannot deny their success. The reality is that money does indeed talk. The small market, small time Charlies of MLB will only have occasional moments in the sun. The big spending Yankees will always be the team to beat. If you don't realize this, there is a bridge in New York that you might be interested in purchasing. Reality is not always enjoyable for us fans, but it is reality. There is no getting away from it. 

Sections
Shortcuts