NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!

In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : Still flailing around.   I didn't know you'd read any of my published fiction. Did you like Class A ?
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]
    I've been reading your fiction for the last 10 pages. It is a gift for you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!

In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : I've been reading your fiction for the last 10 pages. It is a gift for you.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]
    Aw, shucks, I had my hopes up that you might actually have read my story about a pitching coach. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Navarro position wasn't about projection as much as it was about the team not giving him a chance at SS when they needed an alternative glove.
    That's all we were saying. You never saw much in him. You could be right, or you could be wrong. Way too early to make any judgement calls on Navarro either way.

Katz' point about guilty by association reminds me of a time in history when folks from the south or west or mid-west would look at an easterner and immediately assume he/she was extremely well educated. In fact, many still feel this way.
    Boston is the home of the greatest universities, so...

I hate to tell them how many dumbasses live there also.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : Aw, shucks, I had my hopes up that you might actually have read my story about a pitching coach. 

I think that's what I have been reading expitch. If you were employed at USC as a pitching coach, someone made a big mistake in human resources.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]Navarro position wasn't about projection as much as it was about the team not giving him a chance at SS when they needed an alternative glove. That's all we were saying. You never saw much in him. You could be right, or you could be wrong. Way too early to make any judgement calls on Navarro either way. Katz' point about guilty by association reminds me of a time in history when folks from the south or west or mid-west would look at an easterner and immediately assume he/she was extremely well educated. In fact, many still feel this way. Boston is the home of the greatest universities, so... I hate to tell them how many dumbasses live there also.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Harness, I call them as I see them. As we discussed then IMO there was little chance it was going to happen, and the Sox moved him in about a week after our discussion. And Scutaro went on to finish strong, while Lowrie has been steady lately.

A "rookie of the year" would have gotten that one right,

Or the projection on TB right down to plus/minus 1 game

or Ellsbury having a monster year 

or Lavarnway as biggest Redsox prospect since Ellsbury...etc.

Was Salty/Tek a better option than Victor/Tek?

What has he projected this year that has become true? Name one thing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : Harness, I call them as I see them. As we discussed then IMO there was little chance it was going to happen, and the Sox moved him in about a week after our discussion. And Scutaro went on to finish strong, while Lowrie has been steady lately. A "rookie of the year" would have gotten that one right, Or the projection on TB right down to plus/minus 1 game or Ellsbury having a monster year  or Lavarnway as biggest Redsox prospect since Ellsbury...etc. Was Salty/Tek a better option than Victor/Tek? What has he projected this year that has become true? Name one thing.
    You really are, finally, a fool. You may not have noticed but I'm not in the projection business. Neither Harness nor I projected  anything about Navarro.
    Another of your straw men.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]Navarro position wasn't about projection as much as it was about the team not giving him a chance at SS when they needed an alternative glove. That's all we were saying. You never saw much in him. You could be right, or you could be wrong. Way too early to make any judgement calls on Navarro either way. Katz' point about guilty by association reminds me of a time in history when folks from the south or west or mid-west would look at an easterner and immediately assume he/she was extremely well educated. In fact, many still feel this way. Boston is the home of the greatest universities, so... I hate to tell them how many dumbasses live there also.
    You will get nowhere trying to teach Boom to read. He reads and writes with his viscera. He's even gone so far as to question Rod Dedeaux's judgment for hiring me.
    And he calls you "ridiculous" for awarding me ROY on the board, an honor for which I am grateful. 
    The man has degenerated into hateful absurdity.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : You really are, finally, a fool. You may not have noticed but I'm not in the projection business. Neither Harness nor I projected  anything about Navarro. Another of your straw men.  

You BOTH projected that he should be given a shot as a SS starter. And the Redsox didn't concur in that evaluation and they moved him within a week. You clearly got that one wrong. To say that wasn't a projection would be obscuring the truth big time. He got traded and went straight to the minors where he hit .272 with 2 HR. You got it wrong. You can paint that pig but it's still ugly.

And what kind of analyst are you if you supposedly make no projections?

One final note. I could care less if you worked at USC. You have been a pain in the rear for the entire past week. I've yet to see any insight from you. To me, you have been a worthless poster.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : Harness, I call them as I see them. As we discussed then IMO there was little chance it was going to happen, and the Sox moved him in about a week after our discussion. And Scutaro went on to finish strong, while Lowrie has been steady lately. A "rookie of the year" would have gotten that one right, Or the projection on TB right down to plus/minus 1 game or Ellsbury having a monster year  or Lavarnway as biggest Redsox prospect since Ellsbury...etc. Was Salty/Tek a better option than Victor/Tek? What has he projected this year that has become true? Name one thing.

I don't think projections are the benchmark for a good poster.
    Horse racing? Yes.  Knowledge goes further on a chat board.
    Nothing with Navarro is definitive in any way, so I don't see how "projections" fit that discussion.

I suggest you read the thread THEN and NOW. It may be this year's finest one.
    The insight and info retorting EX-P's and Bean's contributions are among the best you'll find. Good posters trigger good discussions more often than not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : I don't think projections are the benchmark for a good poster. Horse racing? Yes.  Knowledge goes further on a chat board. Nothing with Navarro is definitive in any way, so I don't see how "projections" fit that discussion. I suggest you read the thread THEN and NOW . It may be this year's finest one. The insight and info retorting EX-P's and Bean's contributions are among the best you'll find. Good posters trigger good discussions more often than not.

We can agree to disagree harness.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : I don't think projections are the benchmark for a good poster. Horse racing? Yes.  Knowledge goes further on a chat board. Nothing with Navarro is definitive in any way, so I don't see how "projections" fit that discussion. I suggest you read the thread THEN and NOW . It may be this year's finest one. The insight and info retorting EX-P's and Bean's contributions are among the best you'll find. Good posters trigger good discussions more often than not.
    You'll get nowhere with this thick head. Among many other distinctions he's failed to grasp is that between projection and opinion
    I submit that in this thread and in the one on a view from the mound, Boom has been engaged, unconsciously, in a running exercise in self-exposure. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

How many posts have you had on this thread about the topic? Don't go moaning now when someone does to you, what you did to this thread. You ignored everything I said, 10 pages of google postings, article after article cited ...etc. And I'm the one with the thick head?

You at least deserved it. I don't enjoy this. I didn't start this. Facts meant nothing to you. You got what you deserved and I have no problem at all continuing it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : You'll get nowhere with this thick head. Among many other distinctions he's failed to grasp is that between projection and opinion .  I submit that in this thread and in the one on a view from the mound, Boom has been engaged, unconsciously, in a running exercise in self-exposure. 

Whether it is "opinion" or a "projection" you still got it wrong, and what a lame distinction. It was really a low insight projection. And you got paid to be a pitching coach at a major college program? The difference between "opinion" and "projection"? That is really comical and grasping at straws. You got it wrong. Period.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

A projection is a statement of what one thinks will happen. An opinion is a statement about what has happened, or might happen, or should happen.
    First, you didn't believe that I was a pitching coach at USC. Now you can't believe that I didn't get paid for a job I didn't have. Can't argue with that. USC would have been foolish to pay me for a job I wasn't doing. 
    What you are continuing is to look like a hysteriac. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I did not realize until tonight that Darin Erstad is the new head baseball coach at the University of Nebraska (which produced Tampa Bay's Dan Johnson, the .108 hitter who saved the Rays from elimination with his two-out, two-strike, game-tying homerun in the ninth inning of Wednesday's game against the Yankees).

http://huskerextra.com/sports/baseball/article_e272e7e5-8b98-5c0a-b0aa-4bc6b8be02b7.html

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Erstad had a great season for a leadoff player and went on to a hof superstar career.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Erstad had a great season for a leadoff player and went on to a hof superstar career.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Softy, Ellsbury is highly likely to have a better career going forward than Erstad. Go back to your cave.

Sections
Shortcuts