NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!

In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!:
    Just looking at Google's top 10 for "Bautista PED" they all come up with key words of "wrong, incorrect, unfair." Shaughnessy accuses this team of a lot of things and most disregard his words. Why take a bunch of other writers at their word over Bautista? What I don't understand is why people who claim to know something about baseball think it odd a player would find himself at 29. Again look at Ortiz, Dewey, and a slew of others. Once again BurritoT sees something the supposed experts don't, baseball hitters best years are from 29 to 33-34.  Chances are Bautista will be down to -30 homers a year by the time he reaches 35...  boomer you often use the phrase "Dominican Milkshake" which often makes the tone of your posts to suggest that only Dominicans are capable of cheating.  I suggest you target Ortiz rather than Bautista if you want to be fair and balanced.
    Posted by BurritoT

In my entire life, I have never once used the phrase "dominican milkshake". Why lie about that Burrito? I'd give you the benefit of the doubt but I know for a fact that I've never used that phrase. Why lie?

I've always suspected that you were also softlaw as you always seem to be around when he is getting pounded. This thread is softy's worst nightmare. All the sudden expitch and Burrito take it off topic and won't shut up about a studid issue which has been covered over and over. Why are we still discussing this and why lie about it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!

In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!:
    "While analysis of the numbers may tell part of the story, the true reason for Bautista's success isn't buried within a bevy of baseball statistics. It's the immeasurable qualities or the intangible improvements to his game that have turned things around." bluejayhunter.com A player can improve given the chance.... age and experience necessary. See: Ortiz.
    Posted by BurritoT

OK, everyone believe homer "bluejayhunter.com" rather than hundreds of sports writers. Ask any fair sports writer and he/she would probably say something like "it may be that Bautista is clean but the data does raise questions in this time frame we live in". Look at the 10 pages of google listings and that's what most of them say. How can someone conclude that he is clean? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Just looking at Google's top 10 for "Bautista PED" they all come up with key words of "wrong, incorrect, unfair." Shaughnessy accuses this team of a lot of things and most disregard his words. Why take a bunch of other writers at their word over Bautista? What I don't understand is why people who claim to know something about baseball think it odd a player would find himself at 29. Again look at Ortiz, Dewey, and a slew of others. Once again BurritoT sees something the supposed experts don't, baseball hitters best years are from 29 to 33-34.  Chances are Bautista will be down to -30 homers a year by the time he reaches 35...  boomer you often use the phrase "Dominican Milkshake" which often makes the tone of your posts to suggest that only Dominicans are capable of cheating.  I suggest you target Ortiz rather than Bautista if you want to be fair and balanced.
    Posted by BurritoT

Wow, I'm sure that none of us knew that Burrito. You are really something.

And if you could actually read, I said several times on this thread that Ortiz is also suspect. I'm in a discussion with 2 people who don't want to discuss the truth. Can't handle the truth. Note: I'm not accusing Ortiz but he is clearly suspect as well. As was Manny by the way in case you missed that one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

When businesses like Exxon and Shell make $15 billion a quarter and pay huge amounts of money to buy our government lock , stock and barrel, that is stealing from us. They are the thiefs and they deserve to be made to pay the same tax rates as the rest of us. When a billionaire is paying taxes at a lower rate than a $50,000 per year teacher Obama is owned by BP. That is his ethical crime, not legal campaign donations and lobbying from corporations. Corporate officers and employees pay a fortune in income and payroll taxes and most shareholders are less than 1000 shares who pay up to 15% on dividends. Billionaires don't pay a lower tax rate than a member of the sorry teachers union. They pay the highest income tax rate. Dividends are taxed at 15% for Billionaires and 10% for teachers union members, so teachers pay lower tax rates on income and dividends. Most Americans pay zero income taxes. Wealthy people pay over 80% of all federal taxes. Obama is getting ready to be fired, and his prevarication about tax rates will be exposed to where even idiots like you can understand it.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul

Buffet's secretary paid taxes at a lower rate than he did. Is he a liar? Company's like GE made billions last year and paid no federal income tax. Is that fair? I've owned several companies in my life and still own 2 now and I know what my corporate taxes have been. There are plenty of tax breaks and options to minimize or eliminate corporate taxes, even in years when companies make billions in profits. It's not fair when income disparity grows and grows.

I'm tired of wall street executives and corporate CEOs making hundreds of millions of dollars when the average guy on the street can't even put his kids through college. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : Boom uses a lot of phrases that betray his indifference to "fair and balanced." He seems to think that a fair summary of this issue is that "some writers suspect that Bautista is on PED's."  The key words that you cite above seem to have escaped his notice. 
    Posted by expitch

Of course the fact that Burrito just stated a flat out lie is irrelevant to you of course. So much for fair and balanced.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : Of course the fact that Burrito just stated a flat out lie is irrelevant to you of course. So much for fair and balanced.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE
    Are you still here? Is this your real honest-to-goodness "last" post?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I'm getting ready to watch the game. We have enough to deal with today, with Lackey and Wakefield going. This could be a shining moment in Redsox history or it could be one of the darkest days ever. I do not even want to turn my brain on for this one. Lackey and Wakefield in Yankee stadium. Need I say more?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"Jake" just cracked #30. That is now more tha Coco's two best years combined. But, or course, Coco always had "more potential" because he had "done it before".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

80 XBH so far this year, including 30HR. In Pedroia's MVP season he only had 73 XBH with 17 HR. 100 RBI from the lead off spot. He should be favored for mvp, and if he keeps going and the Sox actually make the playoffs I think he is the guy. He deserves the MVP after the season he has had whether they make the playoffs or not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4412333. Show user_4412333's posts

I'm getting ready to watch the game. We have enough to deal with today, with Lackey and Wakefield going. This could be a shining moment in Redsox history or it could be one of the darkest days ever. I do not even want to turn my brain on for this one. Lackey and Wakefield in Yankee stadium. Need I say more?
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

"I do not even want to turn my brain on for this one."

At least you are consistent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : "I do not even want to turn my brain on for this one." At least you are consistent.
    Posted by null

You've been here for an hour right? Whose alternate identity are you? Softy? Expitch? Burrito? Or are you one in the same? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!:
    Rickey Henderson's best year ever for RBI = 74. Ellsbury now has 98 with quite a few games left. Has any leadoff batter ever had more than 100 RBI? Rickey Henderson never had more than 64 XBH in a year. Ellsbury now has 78 folks, with games left to play. He is a PLUS 15.6 UZR/150 and is now a 8.7 WAR, with a valuation of $39.2 MIL for his year SO FAR. He should edge out Bautista for the MVP vote if it were held today. He's been that good ladies and gentlemen. Ellsbury is having one of the greatest year's ever for a leadoff batter.

Ellsbury may not have as many RBI's or HRS as Granderson but his BA may finish 45/50 points higher and unlike Curtis, nobody expected these kind of offensive numbers.  Ells gets MVP in my book even though Adrian, Granderson or Bautista will probably win it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Adrian is out.
    Bautista is out (team too far behind).
    Verlander should win it all (Cy and MVP).

There was some nutcase on ESPN last night talking the virues of Michael Young as MVP. That is sad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Adrian is out. Bautista is out (team too far behind). Verlander should win it all (Cy and MVP). There was some nutcase on ESPN last night talking the virues of Michael Young as MVP. That is sad.
    Posted by moonslav59

I agree Verlander deserves it I forgot about the pitchers.  He has had an unbelievable year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4412333. Show user_4412333's posts

In Response to NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : Ellsbury may not have as many RBI's or HRS as Granderson but his BA may finish 45/50 points higher and unlike Curtis, nobody expected these kind of offensive numbers.  Ells gets MVP in my book even though Adrian, Granderson or Bautista will probably win it.
    Posted by craze4sox

What is the great lead off hitter's OBP?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : What is the great lead off hitter's OBP?
    Posted by null

.383 as a leadoff hitter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If the Sox blow the wild card , no Sox player will win the MVP, no matter what his stats might be. That's just the way it works.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Adrian is out. Bautista is out (team too far behind). Verlander should win it all (Cy and MVP). There was some nutcase on ESPN last night talking the virues of Michael Young as MVP. That is sad.
    Posted by moonslav59

Not as nutty as you might think.
    TX is now 2nd to NY in A.L./ wins (4 win difference) and Young is hitting .338 with 104 RBI's. He'll get some votes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

3 jacks today for Jitterbug Jake. And the 3rd was a game winner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

As of today, he would get my vote.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

As of today, he would get my vote.
    Posted by jesseyeric

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

the a.l. m.v.p. for sure, theo give him the moon

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Going into this series, our best shot was to outslug them in a game and Ellsbury was the most likely guy to lead in that effort. He has been outstanding offensively and defensively. That should give him the edge over Granderson. No pitcher has won the MVP since 1984. That should rule out Verlander when there are deserving position playerfs also putting up tremendous numbers. When we look closely, Ellsbury's numbers are tremendous. 45 doubles, 5 triples, 31 Dingers, .321 average, over 200 hits, Plus 15.6 UZR/150 in CF, over 100 RBI as a lead off guy. Just a superb year. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Going into this series, our best shot was to outslug them in a game and Ellsbury was the most likely guy to lead in that effort. He has been outstanding offensively and defensively. That should give him the edge over Granderson. No pitcher has won the MVP since 1984. That should rule out Verlander when there are deserving position playerfs also putting up tremendous numbers. When we look closely, Ellsbury's numbers are tremendous. 45 doubles, 5 triples, 31 Dingers, .321 average, over 200 hits, Plus 15.6 UZR/150 in CF, over 100 RBI as a lead off guy. Just a superb year. 

Have you seen Softy lately?

Where is the Softone???

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

He's working his other identities!

He got everything so wrong this year he is probably in counseling as we speak.

Sections
Shortcuts