NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!

In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : Have you seen Softy lately? Where is the Softone???
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!

In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!:
    [QUOTE]Going into this series, our best shot was to outslug them in a game and Ellsbury was the most likely guy to lead in that effort. He has been outstanding offensively and defensively. That should give him the edge over Granderson. No pitcher has won the MVP since 1984. That should rule out Verlander when there are deserving position playerfs also putting up tremendous numbers. When we look closely, Ellsbury's numbers are tremendous. 45 doubles, 5 triples, 31 Dingers, .321 average, over 200 hits, Plus 15.6 UZR/150 in CF, over 100 RBI as a lead off guy. Just a superb year. 
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]
    Now you're talkin'.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : Have you seen Softy lately? Where is the Softone???
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]He was on the Game Thread. Still talking trash about Ells, this time about a fly ball he didn't get to.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

harness do you mean softy . who tryed to ship for grady sizemore. thank god he isnt the g.m.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

If Softone was GM, team would be in neck 'n neck battle -  with Toronto.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

[QUOTE]If Softone was GM, team would be in neck 'n neck battle -  with Toronto.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

you said it,i have not seen or heard from softy in  a while, maybe he has dementure ,since ellsburry has been  on a record setting redsox 30 30 , you might not see him here for quite a long time

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : In my entire life, I have never once used the phrase "dominican milkshake". Why lie about that Burrito? I'd give you the benefit of the doubt but I know for a fact that I've never used that phrase. Why lie? I've always suspected that you were also softlaw as you always seem to be around when he is getting pounded. This thread is softy's worst nightmare. All the sudden expitch and Burrito take it off topic and won't shut up about a studid issue which has been covered over and over. Why are we still discussing this and why lie about it?
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

Not a lie, you have said it before. However your one of those weirdos that hides his comments on your profile page so there is no way I can locate it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : Not a lie, you have said it before. However your one of those weirdos that hides his comments on your profile page so there is no way I can locate it.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

1) I have never said "Dominican Milkshake" before today, when you brought it up. that's a very crude expression I would never use. Since you are lying about that, what else are you lying about? 

2) I don't hide my comments. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]ALL RECENT ACTIVITY Boomerangsdotcom has not posted any comments on the site, or chose to hide them. Check again some time.

I see them. See below. I have not done anything to hide them. If there is some sort of switch setting that does that I'm not aware of it. You will never, ever find any listing using the phrase "dominican milkshake" ( before today ) but I highly encourage you to spend the next week going through my 8000 posts to find it Burrito.

You are so full of it.

ALL RECENT ACTIVITY
    Posted 9/26/2011 2:56 AM EDT
    In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : 1) I have never said "Dominican Milkshake&qu...  more >
    Posted 9/26/2011 12:15 AM EDT
    When Crawford couldn't bunt over Ellsbury in extra innings I wanted to throw up. It just seems that we can't do so many basic things that are needed to win games. Next year's camp shoul...  more >
    Posted 9/26/2011 12:10 AM EDT
    He's working his other identities! He got everything so wrong this year he is probably in counseling as we speak.
    Posted 9/26/2011 12:08 AM EDT
    In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : I loved it also. Pitt doesn't seem to get much respect from the academy though. That doesn't mean he wasn't great. Great basebal...  more >
    Posted 9/26/2011 12:07 AM EDT
    The scene with Henry showed how sharp Henry is. He was all over the data, hiring Bill James first, offering Beane a job...etc. He then went out and got his own Yale grad to manage thing...  more >

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I stand corrected Burrito on this issue. I didn't know that there was a way to turn off the message display but I did have it turned off. I must have set that up when I came to this site. I turned it back on just for you. Feel free to go through every one of my 8000 posts to try to find the phrase "dominican milkshake". Have at it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

SURE AND feel free to list those hundreds of writers. By the way "hundreds" does not mean 100 or 200 it means 300+.... have at it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

"That gym is run by a guy who was banned by baseball for his PED connections and it's still the most popular spot for Dominican players in the DR. I've studied this issue. It's rampant down there and only recently being dealt with." Boomerangsdotcom

"For those of you who do not think Bautista is on something, may I remind you that in the history of baseball there are only 2-3 players who have ever gone from zero to hero at this level of magnitude EVER. It is EXTREMELY likely that it is chemical enhanced.  Look at all of his DR compatriots who suddenly emerged as some of the leading power hitters in baseball ( some appear to have started with steroids in HS ). I'm not saying all are on some sort of chemical enhancement of course but considering that steroids are still legal in the DR, and most of them either went to or still go to the same GYM in Santo Domingo, all of these guys are under suspicion: Arod Manny Ortiz Hanley Sosa I could easily list 10 more." Boomerangsdotcom

These just come out of the Navaro 2 thread and I have found about 6 posts already where you attack only Dominicans. 

"I'd give 90% likelihood that Bautista is a PED user." Boomerangsdotcom

You seem to have a fixation on PED/Dominicans/and a certain GYM.  I know when I work out I drink protein (METRIX) shakes at the gym. No doubt your so wound up in your accusations you certainly did use the term "Dominican Milkshake".......

"As I age I get polite in situations like this. I recommend you look up Navarro's historic numbers in the minors, consider his inconsistent defensive ability and watch his BA drop going forward. The only way he becomes a significant mlb level player is if he is on the Dominican Jamba Juice, which considering his recent body changes may well be the case." Boomerangsdotcom

"I have never said "Dominican Milkshake" before today, when you brought it up. that's a very crude expression I would never use. Since you are lying about that..," Boomerangsdotcom

"The crack about Navarro and jamba juice is scummy." expitch

Perhaps you did not say "milkshake" after all - but Dominican Jamba Juice is a label, and a racist one at that. Somehow you deem the words "Dominican Milkshake" as "crude expression" but "Dominican Jamba Juice" is polite? 

Your posts were not difficult to locate, you have many rants like this all over the forum. I almost said something about it when I saw it the day you wrote "Dominican Jamba Juice," but I could not get away from the fact you also called me a liar in that thread as well, saying I was lying about living in Cambodia. Well I am not a liar.

You lose.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Give it a rest guys.  There must be a forum for bitch-slapping, but this is a Sox forum.

Els won the game last night.  Great stuff.  That is all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

The BIG million dollar duds on the team should be kicking in a % of their UNearned millions to Ellsbury.  He is doing EVERYTHING he can to save their FAT butts from the fire!Tongue out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]"That gym is run by a guy who was banned by baseball for his PED connections and it's still the most popular spot for Dominican players in the DR. I've studied this issue. It's rampant down there and only recently being dealt with." Boomerangsdotcom "For those of you who do not think Bautista is on something, may I remind you that in the history of baseball there are only 2-3 players who have ever gone from zero to hero at this level of magnitude EVER. It is EXTREMELY likely that it is chemical enhanced.  Look at all of his DR compatriots who suddenly emerged as some of the leading power hitters in baseball ( some appear to have started with steroids in HS ). I'm not saying all are on some sort of chemical enhancement of course but considering that steroids are still legal in the DR, and most of them either went to or still go to the same GYM in Santo Domingo, all of these guys are under suspicion: Arod Manny Ortiz Hanley Sosa I could easily list 10 more." Boomerangsdotcom These just come out of the Navaro 2 thread and I have found about 6 posts already where you attack only Dominicans.  "I'd give 90% likelihood that Bautista is a PED user." Boomerangsdotcom You seem to have a fixation on PED/Dominicans/and a certain GYM.  I know when I work out I drink protein (METRIX) shakes at the gym. No doubt your so wound up in your accusations you certainly did use the term "Dominican Milkshake"....... "As I age I get polite in situations like this. I recommend you look up Navarro's historic numbers in the minors, consider his inconsistent defensive ability and watch his BA drop going forward. The only way he becomes a significant mlb level player is if he is on the Dominican Jamba Juice , which considering his recent body changes may well be the case." Boomerangsdotcom "I have never said "Dominican Milkshake" before today, when you brought it up. that's a very crude expression I would never use. Since you are lying about that..," Boomerangsdotcom " The crack about Navarro and jamba juice is scummy." expitch Perhaps you did not say "milkshake" after all - but Dominican Jamba Juice is a label, and a racist one at that. Somehow you deem the words "Dominican Milkshake" as "crude expression" but "Dominican Jamba Juice" is polite?  Your posts were not difficult to locate, you have many rants like this all over the forum. I almost said something about it when I saw it the day you wrote "Dominican Jamba Juice," but I could not get away from the fact you also called me a liar in that thread as well, saying I was lying about living in Cambodia. Well I am not a liar. You lose.

Try and read this article by ESPN writer Mike Fish and ask your self if ANYTHING I've said is untrue. It documents the history of the DR regarding PED use and baseball. If I rant about it sometimes, it's because I hate PED use. I hate what it's done to baseball. I hate when players get accolades because of cheating.  I believe it should be a level playing field, and it's not.

I knew I had never said "dominican milkshake" because it was not a phrase I would have used. And that was correct. 

It was about reporting. It was about discussing both sides, and being more aware of the details than many of you. It was about what probably turns out to be an accurate projection of Navarro as a player. In my opinion, he has one chance of making it significantly as a player, and it wouldn't surprise me if he does turn out to be a bigtime power hitting 3rd baseman someday. But if he does it is highly likely to be chemically induced considering where he is right now in his game and the culture of ped use in the DR. If some of you are not aware of Mike Fish's article I suggest you read it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

"I had never said "dominican milkshake" because it was not a phrase I would have used." boomerangsdotcom

No you also said it was a "crude" term, and yet Jamba Juice isn't?  Nice dodging. 

• Mike Fish is one reporter, please let us know who the others of the hundreds are.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Really. Read the article. It will open your mind about the situation in the DR. 

Burrito, I'm sorry but I knew I didn't use the term you described. In the context of all of Expitch's BS, it made me angry. And I didn't use the phrase you described so I did have a right to be angry. I responded to what looked to be a lie. And it was in fact a lie. Just an unintentional one on your part and that makes it different. Please look at it from my perspective some. I knew I had never said that. 

I married someone from South America. I even lived in South America for a while. I'm not racist. I'm just against what has been a rampant PED use problem in the DR and when I see people from the center of the PED world ( Santo Domingo ) go from zero to hero like that it bothers me. And when I look at guys like Navarro, who appears to have little talent but maybe they kept him around because there is always some potential for becoming a star from ped use. The Sox did dump him though and I think that is the way such situations should be handled. It appeared to some baseball observers that he was never going to be a good player naturally, so they dumped him.

If you follow news reports on different player discussions over time, you find that the potential for PED use has been openly discussed in player evaluations. When they talk about player acquisitions, the subject of potential PED use comes into the conversation sometimes. I would think that it is even factored into draft discussions. It's a sordid part of baseball and it's potential use is even factored into who gets signed or not signed. And sometimes it does not appear to be a negative in those discussions in mlb. Sometimes it appears that the possibility of ped use is a plus. It is very sad but in the competitive world of baseball it may actually be percieved by some as a plus, an enhancement to that player's desireability.

It's  sordid world. I just described it as it is. Read Mike Fish's article.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]"I had never said "dominican milkshake" because it was not a phrase I would have used." boomerangsdotcom No you also said it was a "crude" term, and yet Jamba Juice isn't?  Nice dodging.  Mike Fish is one reporter, please let us know who the others of the hundreds are.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Let's drop it, I retract the use if the word "rascist" and I would doubt that you are such in the real world... 

BTW I do live in Cambodia and being marginally incorrect is not lying its called "incorrect."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]Let's drop it, I retract the use if the word "rascist" and I would doubt that you are such in the real world...  BTW I do live in Cambodia and being marginally incorrect is not lyingm its called "incorrect."

No problem. And I agree on the "incorrect". Thanks Burrito.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Boom, your inventory contains more red herrings than that of a Swedish fish market. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]Boom , your inventory contains more red herrings than that of a Swedish fish market. 
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

I started this thread to talk about Ellsbury and the great yer he is having. The only one diverting it off topic is you. I didn't start this thread to talk about whether Bautista is on PEDs or not. You just wouldn't shut up about it, basically ruining this thread.

And it is turning out that Ellsbury is becoming a real mvp candidate right before our eyes. It is turning out that yes, he is a front line mvp candidate. It was a good thread until it was diverted by you. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Nope. You waved a red flag about Baustista, in your own words. "He is so tainted...." That was your second transgression. Do you expect such irresponsibility to keep going unnoticed and unchallenged? You are not man enough to take responsibility for what you state and how you state it. You got angry because you got nailed twice for playing loose and easy with men's reputations. What 100, 200, or 300 hundred writers say does not justify what you say on your own terms. Thus the red herring.
    That is, and has been from the start, my quarrel with you. You say that you made the remark about Bautista in passing. Remarks like that should not be made in passing, like noting, for example, that a player is now showing his socks. Yours was more of the hit and run driver kind. If you had taken the pains at the outset to qualify the remark, even with a simple sentence that began with "but,"  there would have been no "diversion."
    You told a poster that he can't "handle the truth." ( Your Nicholson imitation? ) You can't handle being put in your place.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Expitch, let's discuss this 100 more times ok. "tainted" to me meant under suspicion and I think a lot of people know Buatista has been under suspicion. If you want to spend another 100 posts "putting me in my place" over this stupid, non issue, you have failed miserably and shown yourself to be a worthless poster who specializes in drivel.

That is the "truth" you can't handle.

I don't like saying it but after 100 posts of pure BS from you over this minor issue, it is necessary to say it. If you want to discuss this more I will feel very free to put you exactly in your place.