NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!

Maybe you do but I don't see anything "minor" about a man's reputation.
    You've been trying to put me in my place ever since this thread started, without conspicuous success. In fact Navarro's "little talent" at baseball is several times greater than is yours at debate.  
    Here's the top of your game: "dumb," "stupidest," "drivel," "worthless."
    You'd be better off at this moment if your first "last" post had really been your last.
    At one point on another thread you whined about posters who don't cut it with you. Like a petulant kid, you threatened to quit if the company didn't improve.You invoked the names of a few veteran posters. ( I like the "rookie" label that Harness gave me. Ho. ) But you got no solace. One of them even advised you to chill out. You missed that chance.
    Immunity from prosecution here  ( even persecution ) does not come with long-standing residency.  Among other things, you can't handle the fact that a rookie has taken you to school.
    What you meant by "tainted" does not matter the minute you use the word in public.  You have never come to grips with my specific complaint about your specific opening to this debate. Because you can't. 
    Yes, I said "petulant."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!

"Rookie" should be put into context. I said you are the clear choice for Rookie of the year poster. This is not a distinction to be taken lightly. For ex., Katz was a previous R.O.Y. Last year, it was Max.

R.O.Y. posters, like R.O.Y. players, have huge ceilings. I know Boom won't agree with this because you guys are in a heated debate, but the quality of UR posts/threads this year reach a high standard. We all will get into dog-fights on this board, but that shouldn't diminish a thing, as it's the accepted norm.

Disagreements can get volatile, and when it occurs, we lose sight of what the other brings to the board. There are always gonna be personality conflicts. But I can appreciate the contributions you and Boom make. Even in this debate, much pertinent info has been uncovered, and all have backed their take.

In fact, I think Burrito, whom I've had major issues with, has done some of his finest work (research) here.

I've called out 791, one of the finer posters here, on several sticking points, and we really went into the gutter. But he later said it made him a better poster
    (not referring to the low-grade exchange). One thing that comes out of heated discussions is a mutual respect when neither party runs.
    You guys can't see it in each other now, but you might down the line.

IMO, anybody has the right to call another poster out. Anybody.
    How that poster backs his take is what it's all about. No matter the level of disagreement, that has to be respected. Doesn't mean you'll agree, and it usually means the sticking point will be re-visited, but you'll both respect the fact you're willing to stand your ground. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Harness, expitch as rookie of the year is pure, unadulterated BS. What a suck up. The guy hasn't made a single salient point in this thread. Show me one single insightful post he's made since he has been here.

We are on page 11 now in a thread which is arguing over whether me calling Bautista "under suspicion" or "tainted" with suspicion for PED use is irresponsible. 8 pages later we are still discussing it. The entire baseball is wondering if Bautista is clean,  except apparently you two guys. You both have stated you actually think he's innocent. On what basis do you make that assumption BTW? Hunch or do you flip a coin like Softy? Let me state the obvious, by far the most likely reason for Bautista's sudden, incredible improvement is PED use. That doesn't mean he's doing them but he sure as heck is under suspicion. And I have had to discuss this for most of this thread and it is not even on topic.

I cited over 10 pages of google listings documenting sportswriter and blogger suspicions regarding Bautista as proof that he is under suspicion and I'm considered irresponsible to even allude that those suspicions might cost him some mvp votes? And have to defend that for another 7-8 pages of postings ad nauseum? So after a while how does one respond when the opposing person doesn't accept the facts when they are stapled to his forehead? After a reasonable amount of discussion I throw up my hands and say what a dumbell. I'm sorry but if he wants to ignore the facts, I can't help him.

Harness, you and I have disagreed on lots of things but after a while you just agree to disagree and you move on. There are lots of things we disagree on but we don't spend hours arguing about them. Train the rookie will you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

R U kidding? I'm one of the most stubborn posters on this board. I can't avocate to agree to disagree when I rarely buy into it myself. I admire those who don't run.
    Which is why I respect both positions. I don't agree with making accusations of PED use, but I respect the fact you have gone to such lengths to support your take.

My allusion to R.O.Y. with Ex-P is based on his body of work since coming to this board. He brings a unique perspective. I know you won't agree with me now, or perhaps in the future, and he may feel the same way about you, but if I know Ex-P, he won't ignore UR countless insightful posts on this forum.

Emotion clouds vision. I'm a living example.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!:
    [QUOTE]R U kidding? I'm one of the most stubborn posters on this board. I can't avocate to agree to disagree when I rarely buy into it myself. I admire those who don't run. Which is why I respect both positions. I don't agree with making accusations of PED use, but I respect the fact you have gone to such lengths to support your take. My allusion to R.O.Y. with Ex-P is based on his body of work since coming to this board. He brings a unique perspective. I know you won't agree with me now, or perhaps in the future, and he may feel the same way about you, but if I know Ex-P, he won't ignore UR countless insightful posts on this forum. Emotion clouds vision. I'm a living example.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

We've agreed to disagree several times Harness just recently. We disagreed on CERA. We disagreed some on the Orioles although I did think eventually that they would edge the Blue Jays. We disagreed on Navarro. We disagree on a lot of stuff. But it doesn't end up in 8-9 pages of criticism.  Agreeing to disagree is something which is necessary for things to operate smoothly around here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Boom, I think the reason why this issue has been so prolonged is that it's fundamentally a matter if ideology.  Bautista is simply used as an example. If it wasn't Bautista now, it would be someone else down the road. 

The more you point fingers of suspicion, despite however many articles are written, you are going to run into opposition if nothing can be proven. Now, I know you feel UR position of "suspicion" has been justified. But I can see the other side of this as well.

Writers run a thin line between selling papers with controversial pieces, and job description of bringing up all sides of an issue. And I think they go over the line if they accuse w/o proof. That's why people sue for libel. How many fingers are pointed in however many articles doesn't alter the truth, which is that they are making unproven accusations. Nor does it give anybody the moral right to join the lynch mob mentality.

So, bringing up links to articles won't be recognized if the journalism is felt to be cheap and contriving, despite the quality of the writing. At this standstill, the obvious conclusion is to attack each other's credibility for taking cemented positions.

Fusing the subject matter with this disagreement, let's suppose I start a thread next year accusing Jake of PED use. And maybe I find a few pieces that support this "suspicion". I could easily make a case that if Bautista is suspected, then Jake should be. Hell, Jake went from hitting a dinger every 68 at bats before this year - to every 21 at bats this year. While Bautista went from 1/30 up to two years ago to 1/11 since.

Maybe Jake would be guilty by association because a few others on a reservation he was once a part of did some drugs. Would my argument be any lesser than yours? I wouldn't go there in the first place because nothing beyond HR ratio and a few loose articles and some discrimination would support me. But I sure could expect a backlash of opposition. And they would be right in doing so.

In fact, Don't be surprised to see articles of this nature surface this winter.
    I'm sure they'll start with Ellsbury's supposed rehab from a year-long rib injury...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Well, lo and behold, I just read where Softlaw is now on the Jake-is-under-suspicion bandwagon...moments after finishing my last post.

About what I expected from him. He ran the gambit all year trying to find anything faulty with Jake's season. This was inevitable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter!:
    [QUOTE]Boom , I think the reason why this issue has been so prolonged is that it's fundamentally a matter if ideology.  Bautista is simply used as an example. If it wasn't Bautista now, it would be someone else down the road.  The more you point fingers of suspicion, despite however many articles are written, you are going to run into opposition if nothing can be proven. Now, I know you feel UR position of "suspicion" has been justified. But I can see the other side of this as well. Writers run a thin line between selling papers with controversial pieces, and job description of bringing up all sides of an issue. And I think they go over the line if they accuse w/o proof. That's why people sue for libel. How many fingers are pointed in however many articles doesn't alter the truth, which is that they are making unproven accusations. Nor does it give anybody the moral right to join the lynch mob mentality. So, bringing up links to articles won't be recognized if the journalism is felt to be cheap and contriving, despite the quality of the writing. At this standstill, the obvious conclusion is to attack each other's credibility for taking cemented positions. Fusing the subject matter with this disagreement, let's suppose I start a thread next year accusing Jake of PED use. And maybe I find a few pieces that support this "suspicion". I could easily make a case that if Bautista is suspected , then Jake should be. Hell, Jake went from hitting a dinger every 68 at bats before this year - to every 21 at bats this year. While Bautista went from 1/30 up to two years ago to 1/11 since. Maybe Jake would be guilty by association because a few others on a reservation he was once a part of did some drugs. Would my argument be any lesser than yours? I wouldn't go there in the first place because nothing beyond HR ratio and a few loose articles and some discrimination would support me. But I sure could expect a backlash of opposition. And they would be right in doing so. In fact, Don't be surprised to see articles of this nature surface this winter. I'm sure they'll start with Ellsbury's supposed rehab from a year-long rib injury...
    Nicely rounded off.  
    The essential point is that I objected to Boom's saying "so tainted by suspicion"
    in his original post and letting it go at that. There was not even a hint that there might be another side to the argument, or that "some writers" ( many, 
    in fact ) were scalding other writers for expressing strong suspicions in the absence of the kind of proof normally required to support a charge that could affect a man's career. 
    If Boom had done that, there would have been no long exchange between him and me. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

The allusion was briefly made in regard to the mvp vote and I didn't start it. And none of the sports writers accused Bautista. Both points are significant. And overlooked for some reason by both of you. No reporter is writing a story about Ellsbury and PEDs. At least I have never seeen even one story in that regard. Big difference between him and Bautista.

I googled Ellsbury and PEDs earlier and there was maybe 3 allusions. I believe the first one was some little kid being relieved that he wasn't on them, in his opinion, and the others were basically nothing. Big difference between that and what appears to be hundreds of articles and blog posts in regard to Bautista. Articles by major sports writers and not a single one of those articles accusing him. They generally discussed the issue; i.e. why it would be unfair to accuse him, the issues which support him as in some changes in his stance...etc. But they also sometimes noted that suspicions were there. Big difference. That is journaalism and there is nothing wrong with it. There are suspicions and you know what, considering all the data, there should be some suspicions in that instance. Considering the scope of the change in performance at a late age, in a contract year, for a guy who is from Santo Domingo with all it's history and PED access at Presinal's gym, from a country where PEDs are available at the corner market legally. And it was already in the public domain as an issue. I didn't start it and I briefly alluded to it in passing while discussing the MVP options this year.

This whole issue is BS and you of all people should know that and have stepped in to nip it in the bud pages ago. That's what veteran posters or even rookie posters should do. I would have done it. I would have said, "you know what, the issue has been covered, he didn't do anything major. Move on.".

I probably never mentioned it here but I started out as a journalism major in college. I graduated when watergate was in high gear ( 1972 ) and I was active in protests regarding Vietnam, the pentagon papers etc... and to me it was a calling. Nixon was destroying democracy and it was my job to try to keep that from happening as a young idealistic 18 year old. I saw the movie "All the President's men" and I followed the stories in the newspaper with rapt attention earlier. I was trained in what journalism was all about until I went into broadcasting from the technical side instead of the journalism side. I stunk on camera, but was pretty good behind it. Anyway, I still think like a journalist. I respect journalism. I wish there were more of it. It has largely gone away. I was trained to present both sides and that generally doesn't happen like it used to any more.

I was not being irresponsible and I take the charge seriously.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]The allusion was briefly made in regard to the mvp vote and I didn't start it. And none of the sports writers accused Bautista. Both points are significant. And overlooked for some reason by both of you. No reporter is writing a story about Ellsbury and PEDs. At least I have never seeen even one story in that regard. Big difference between him and Bautista. I googled Ellsbury and PEDs earlier and there was maybe 3 allusions. I believe the first one was some little kid being relieved that he wasn't on them, in his opinion, and the others were basically nothing. Big difference between that and what appears to be hundreds of articles and blog posts in regard to Bautista. Articles by major sports writers and not a single one of those articles accusing him. They generally discussed the issue; i.e. why it would be unfair to accuse him, the issues which support him as in some changes in his stance...etc. But they also sometimes noted that suspicions were there. Big difference. That is journaalism and there is nothing wrong with it. There are suspicions and you know what, considering all the data, there should be some suspicions in that instance. Considering the scope of the change in performance at a late age, in a contract year, for a guy who is from Santo Domingo with all it's history and PED access at Presinal's gym, from a country where PEDs are available at the corner market legally. And it was already in the public domain as an issue. I didn't start it and I briefly alluded to it in passing while discussing the MVP options this year. This whole issue is BS and you of all people should know that and have stepped in to nip it in the bud pages ago. That's what veteran posters or even rookie posters should do. I would have done it. I would have said, "you know what, the issue has been covered, he didn't do anything major. Move on.". I probably never mentioned it here but I started out as a journalism major in college. I graduated when watergate was in high gear ( 1972 ) and I was active in protests regarding Vietnam, the pentagon papers etc... and to me it was a calling. Nixon was destroying democracy and it was my job to try to keep that from happening as a young idealistic 18 year old. I saw the movie "All the President's men" and I followed the stories in the newspaper with rapt attention earlier. I was trained in what journalism was all about until I went into broadcasting from the technical side instead of the journalism side. I stunk on camera, but was pretty good behind it. Anyway, I still think like a journalist. I respect journalism. I wish there were more of it. It has largely gone away. I was trained to present both sides and that generally doesn't happen like it used to any more. I was not being irresponsible and I take the charge seriously.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]
    If you had presented "both sides" in your original post, there would have been no elongated thread. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]The allusion was briefly made in regard to the mvp vote and I didn't start it. And none of the sports writers accused Bautista. Both points are significant. And overlooked for some reason by both of you. No reporter is writing a story about Ellsbury and PEDs. At least I have never seeen even one story in that regard. Big difference between him and Bautista. I googled Ellsbury and PEDs earlier and there was maybe 3 allusions. I believe the first one was some little kid being relieved that he wasn't on them, in his opinion, and the others were basically nothing. Big difference between that and what appears to be hundreds of articles and blog posts in regard to Bautista. Articles by major sports writers and not a single one of those articles accusing him. They generally discussed the issue; i.e. why it would be unfair to accuse him, the issues which support him as in some changes in his stance...etc. But they also sometimes noted that suspicions were there. Big difference. That is journaalism and there is nothing wrong with it. There are suspicions and you know what, considering all the data, there should be some suspicions in that instance. Considering the scope of the change in performance at a late age, in a contract year, for a guy who is from Santo Domingo with all it's history and PED access at Presinal's gym, from a country where PEDs are available at the corner market legally. And it was already in the public domain as an issue. I didn't start it and I briefly alluded to it in passing while discussing the MVP options this year. This whole issue is BS and you of all people should know that and have stepped in to nip it in the bud pages ago. That's what veteran posters or even rookie posters should do. I would have done it. I would have said, "you know what, the issue has been covered, he didn't do anything major. Move on.". I probably never mentioned it here but I started out as a journalism major in college. I graduated when watergate was in high gear ( 1972 ) and I was active in protests regarding Vietnam, the pentagon papers etc... and to me it was a calling. Nixon was destroying democracy and it was my job to try to keep that from happening as a young idealistic 18 year old. I saw the movie "All the President's men" and I followed the stories in the newspaper with rapt attention earlier. I was trained in what journalism was all about until I went into broadcasting from the technical side instead of the journalism side. I stunk on camera, but was pretty good behind it. Anyway, I still think like a journalist. I respect journalism. I wish there were more of it. It has largely gone away. I was trained to present both sides and that generally doesn't happen like it used to any more. I was not being irresponsible and I take the charge seriously.

Boom, I have had plenty of heated debates and few try to step in between a dog fight. Those that do are generally sorry. It's wise to let two individuals work it out. Sometimes it takes quite a while. But that's how it should be: End it as it began, between the same two combatants.

I do agree with you that "journalism" today is lacking. That's what was at the center of this discussion. If Bautista was equally defended (in the press) by using some obvious indicators (that I mentioned earlier), it would convey a more even playing field.

Ellsbury's season isn't over with. And here's betting you'll find more suggestive pieces on him as well this winter...and on this board.
    That's why I no longer read much of the press hyperbole.

BTW: I too felt very strongly about Nixon - how he prolonged the war by using his re-election to end it. Many lives were lost or ruined. I hope he burns in hell for it. He poisoned me to the political fabric of this country forever. I know just how you felt. That crook should have done time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4412333. Show user_4412333's posts

How did Ellsbury do last night?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Johnson was the escalation architect of the first politically correct war in American history. Nixon tried to wage an inherited war according to military advisors. The radical 60's leftists revolted and attempted to overthrow the federal govenment by force of violence, a tactic used to expand civil rights laws into the welfare State that is the expanding failed Great Society of today (See Bill Ayers). Johnson was a man of zero principles who adopted political positions and pandered to the seeds of socialism planted in the feeble minds of a utopian drugged up generation of American youth. The entitlement state of mind is the legacy of Johnson, which has destoryed America like a cancer from within. This has done more damage than any criminal mind could ever do.

Nixon was the target of criminal conduct that was more culpable than the criminal conduct he would later commit. Massive Cook County, IL 1960 voter fraud was not disputed in what was a close election. Today, any AL Gore would have taken the issue to court. Nixon conceded. Two wrongs don't make a right, but Bill Ayers is more culpable and deseving of a prison cell, for using explosives on federal property. Nixon's mistake was the cover up, just as Edwards, Rosty, Weiner and organized crime have demonstrated. The actual crime was breaking and entering a rival campaign headquarters, not voter fraud or blowing up buildings.

Obama is an admitted criminal offender who will never be prosecuted or convicted for admitted federal controlled substance use violations. Bill Ayers hosted a campaign fundraiser for Obama, which is akin to Liddy holding a campaign fundraiser for Romney.

My brother-in-law is a proud Vietnam veteran who served as called. He served during the post Kennedy increased advisor and Johnson troop escalation periods. Our troops never lost a battle, but were constrained by Kennedy and Johnson from waging all out war in the North and in the supply routes in Cambodia and Laos.  The 60's radical Leftists were the ones who ridiculed all returning veterans who refused to convert to 60's Leftist collectivist agenda. The biggest ally of collectivist Asia and the biggest enemy for our troops was the American radical Left.

Nixon underestimated his political enemies when he attempted to try and finish a politically run war he inherited. He foolishly overestimated his politcal opponent in the time leading to the 1972 general election. Neither Nixon nor Ford were fiscal conservatives. While Nixon was criminally culpable, the compelling reason to incarcerate him is dubious. In Ayers' case, destruction of federal property with explosives is a compelling reason for a period of incarceration.

And for the two NYT favorite board posters, Boomrang and Harness, do you have any information that would help lead to the arrest of Leo Burt? In 1970, on the campus of the Universty of Wisconsins, Vietnam protester Leo Burt parked a van loaded with a ton of ammonium nitrate and fuel outside the East Wing of Sterling Hall, which housed the Army Math Research Center that conducted research for the military. The explosion killed a physics researcher. 

If Burt is ever arrested by the post Obama Adminsitration, do you two believe that he should not be prosecuted as was the case of 60's radical Bill Ayers?

(Noting that politics were first injected into this tread by Boomrang and Harness, does anyone doubt once NYT censors read this post that it will be deleted and my screenname banned. Where is Mark Twenty when I need him;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : Boom , I have had plenty of heated debates and few try to step in between a dog fight. Those that do are generally sorry. It's wise to let two individuals work it out. Sometimes it takes quite a while. But that's how it should be: End it as it began, between the same two combatants. I do agree with you that "journalism" today is lacking. That's what was at the center of this discussion. If Bautista was equally defended (in the press) by using some obvious indicators (that I mentioned earlier), it would convey a more even playing field. Ellsbury's season isn't over with. And here's betting you'll find more suggestive pieces on him as well this winter...and on this board. That's why I no longer read much of the press hyperbole. BTW: I too felt very strongly about Nixon - how he prolonged the war by using his re-election to end it. Many lives were lost or ruined. I hope he burns in hell for it. He poisoned me to the political fabric of this country forever. I know just how you felt. That crook should have done time.
    Once again, you've put your finger on it when you say "if Bautista...." The phrase "a rush to judgment" is an understatement in this case. And Boom bought into it. He's also like the little kid who keeps saying "he started it, not me."  Of course, he didn't start the controversy itself. Duh. But he did start the specific controversy on this board when he failed to qualify his crude remark about "suspicions." That was and is my beef.  The fact of suspicions was only part of the truth. You are correctly emphasizing that crucial point. So much for journalism elsewhere, and certainly for ersatz journalism on this board.
    Boom chides you for not intervening. "C'mon, one of you vets help me out here. End this thing." The vet who told him to chill out, albeit on another thread, in effect told Boom to end it.
    I find Boom's appeal to the inner circle rather pathetic, frankly.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

expitch, go ahead and have at it. No one said "chill out" now did they. Anyone could interpret what moon said differently when it was in response to my post about having to deal with people like you. I effectively said I was growing weary of having to deal with jerks like you and was going to take a break. He said, "take a deep breath" and we'll see you when you get back. You've said "chill out" several times now when he didn't say "chill" or "out". He basically was saying I've been there, see you when you get back. If you don't have the facts on your side either just drop it or apologize, don't lie. 

When people like you intentionally mis quote and distort, make something out of nothing, and won't shut up about it for page after page then others should step in and make it clear that it is unwarranted. We have enough going on this season without having to hassle with you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Who are these "others"?  Since they didn't step in, perhaps they found nothing unwarranted. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

I did not misquote. There are no quotation marks around my use of chill out. If you paid more attention to details, perhaps ( perhaps ) your reading comprehension would improve.
    You are a big fan of the association game. Players are guilty by association with others who use a supposedly PED-infested gym. On the other hand, you are superior by association with some of the best posters on this board. You appealed to them for help. You not only received no help, but one them came aboard to put your position in a larger, fairer, sensible context.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

FWIW the PED whispers tend to follow any player who radically exceeds career norms in terms of power production because of the steroid era.

It isn't fair. There has been some talk, at least on this forum about Granderson in addition to Bautista. Not trying to pick sides the 'Dominican connection" is just an additional unfair excercise. Yes the DR has some access advantages for players but none of that ever stopped Bonds, Clemens, Petite, Giambi, Glaus, Canseco or unidentifiable 100's of other guys with no DR connections.

And because guys have a radical jump in numbers at one point in their careers is not an automatic indictment either.

Now as for Ellsbury, his team's fate will probably seal his as MVP. This in spite of the fact that over the entire season, no every day player has probably been as consistent. But I think subjectively Ellsbury's candidacy is strong. he was the RS MVP. And given how rare 30-30-100 seasons are in the history, let alone from a CF hitting lead-off, the young man had a magnificent year.

But the DR - steroids topic has been in the past a slippery slope of guilt through association, that whether intended or not, carries connotations that are going to incite reaction and leave the poster that sites it defending the appearance of bias based on nationality.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

According to ESPN reporter, Mike Fish, 58.5% of all professional players suspended for steroid use since 2005 were from the DR. Here is a direct quote:

Fish writes that “more than half of all pro baseball players who tested positive since the start of the 2005 season -- 169 of 289, or 58.5 percent -- hail from the Dominican Republic, and that includes major and minor leagues, as well as those who play in the Dominican and Venezuelan summer leagues.” 

There are a lot more minor league teams in the US, than there are in the DR right. In other words, a small percentage of minor league players are from the DR as compared to Venezuela, the US, Cuba, Japan...etc.  In addition, of all 846 mlb players on opening day, only 86 were from the DR. 

Do the math a little ok. Only around 1 out of 10 professional baseball players ( at most ) are from the DR and they had 58.5% of the PED suspensions. These are facts. These are undeniable facts.

1) There is NO DOUBT where the PED capital of the world is. It is Santo Domingo, in the DR. Read the above and debate that in any way. Somehow deny that. Somehow ignore that. If some one here wants to criticize me for citing these facts, so be it.

Fans just don't want to hear about PED use, don't want to think about them, and jump to defend the player when the facts are reported which appear to put the player in suspicion. Fans don't necessarily know the details. Fans don't want to think that a guy is on PEDS. We all want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Nonetheless, Bautista is clearly under suspicion as much as any player in baseball. He went from zero to hero in his contract year. At age 29 no less, after giving little indication he would ever be a good player. He has become a huge power hitter now with off the charts OBP, just like Barry Bonds. He was even born in Santo Domingo. 

I didn't want to go into the details. I simply alluded to the fact that he was under suspicion and said it may affect the number of all star votes he gets. Does that warrant the inquisition above? Does expitch's reaction warrant Harness discussing him as a "rookie of the year" poster? This is nothing short of ridiculous at this point. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Now you've added a touch of paranoia to the list. "Inquisition"?  Even my initial challenge drew from you the abbreviation of a naughty expression.  Come to think of it, that expression might have been the your high point of language use on this thread.
    Careful, Harness might slap you down for calling his opinion "ridiculous." Here's another bit of advice. Don't get into it with him. You are bruised enough already.
    You really don't know when to quit.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

It is sad to think of how many hours of lifetimes were wasted by those who took Softlaw seriously during the last four years. Some saw him immediately at the beginning as a complete fraud and others kept falling for the act and bait until recently.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]Now you've added a touch of paranoia to the list. "Inquisition"?  Even my initial challenge drew from you the abbreviation of a naughty expression.  Come to think of it, that expression might have been the your high point of language use on this thread. Careful, Harness might slap you down for calling his opinion "ridiculous." Here's another bit of advice. Don't get into it with him. You are bruised enough already. You really don't know when to quit.
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

You've made this entire thread an inquisition about a little comment I made about the mvp vote this year. Calling it irresponsible that I said he might lose some votes as he is under suspicion for PED use. 10 pages later, we are still talking about it.

I'd rather talk about the projection I made regarding Lavarnway. It looks like that projection has come through a little better for me, than the projections you and harness made regarding Navarro. The guy doesn't play at all for a week and he knocks out 2 HR today and throws out a runner. What have you projected that showed any insight lately expitch, besides your fiction?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

And Ellsbury is still the pride of Oregon State University the real OSU!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWS FLASH - In case you haven't noticed Ellsbury is having one of the greatest years ever for a lead off batter! : You've made this entire thread an inquisition about a little comment I made about the mvp vote this year. Calling it irresponsible that I said he might lose some votes as he is under suspicion for PED use. 10 pages later, we are still talking about it. I'd rather talk about the projection I made regarding Lavarnway. It looks like that projection has come through a little better for me, than the projections you and harness made regarding Navarro. The guy doesn't play at all for a week and he knocks out 2 HR today and throws out a runner. What have you projected that showed any insight lately expitch, besides your fiction?  
    Still flailing around.  
    I didn't know you'd read any of my published fiction. Did you like Class A?