News for the Kalish critics

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: News for the Kalish critics

In response to FenwayJimmy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kalish was berated on the forum a month ago while playing. His ABs were criticized. His time on the bench was not the point of the thread.

[/QUOTE]

WallyisBrainDead is best ignored. And Kalish will be fine IMO. He is a dirt dog out there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to FenwayJimmy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kalish was berated on the forum a month ago while playing. His ABs were criticized. His time on the bench was not the point of the thread.

[/QUOTE]

People are so eager to give up on players Jimmy. Ryan Kalish is one heck of a ballplayer imo. He just needs to get healthy this offseason, and he will. He rushed back to get on the field, prob knowing he wasn,t 100%. ( unlike another outfielder on the team ). He reminds me alot of Trot Nixon ( who also had some injury probs early in his career and got a late start), little less power, little more speed. But a grinder, a tough out. I love the kid and cant wait for him to make people forget Ellsbury and Reddick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

he's looked overmatched this year.  maybe it was this injury you speak of.  based on projections of 2013 win total - why not give him another chance?  next year should be do or die for this FO hard-on

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is always the same story with a lot of fans. If a kid comes up and does well , we want to put in Cooperstown immediately.  When he struggles , we want him gone immediately. Patience is a virtue.  Ballplayers , like water , will eventually reach their level.  My guess is that Kalish will become a decent MLB player , but not an All Star.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hes still relatively young, but has been injured most of his professional career. He has all the tools to be a solid MLB OF'er. I just hope hes not the kind of guy that has all the talent but spends more time on the DL than on the field.

I certainly would not give up on him just yet. Besides, right now he doesnt have much value and an offseason to fully recover and come back fresh in 2013 can make a big difference. remember, he was called up due to all the injuries. If the Sox werent so desperate for OF'ers he couldve worked back in slowly.

Lets hold judgement on him until hes fully recovered and see what he does next year. Hes got the talent. Weve all seen it. 2013 could be his make or break year with the Sox.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I like Kalish.  My bet is on him becoming a good ballplayer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He was playing injured

So was Lackey...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He was playing injured

So was Lackey...

[/QUOTE]

Not that Lackey played this year...