Next 10-year contract?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Re: Next 10-year contract?

Trout... Closest to free agency.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

If out of that group, Trout I think uhh Harper has a good chance at one too. But if you're talking about the next 10 year contract in general I think Kershaw will be next.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who gets the next 10-year contract?

Bogaerts?

Will Meyers?

Mike Trout?

[/QUOTE]

Need to prove yourself first so Trout would obviously be the best guess at this point of the three.  Myers and Bogy have a long way to go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marioguy424. Show Marioguy424's posts

Trout, Harper, or Kershaw for sure. Probably not Trout, actually, because the Angels are less likely to resign Trout before free agency than the Nationals or Dodgers with Harper and Kershaw. It probably won't be Harper, either, because he still has a lot of unlocked potential, unlike Trout and Kershaw, who would probably be 2 of the top 3 picks in a fantasy draft. Kershaw will probably be the next 10-year contract- and he might actually live up to it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

[QUOTE]

Who gets the next 10-year contract?

Bogaerts?

Will Meyers?

Mike Trout?

[/QUOTE]clayton kershaw.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

David price is on that list too. hes a FA after 2015.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I think that we may be looking at the last one with Cano.......   MLB with the A-rod fiasco about to blow in their face and a few other "fat-cat" contracts that will end in the gutter !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

We will be in prime position to snag Kershaw should he hit free agency

Kershaw, Lester, Doubrant, Webster, and Barnes

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We will be in prime position to snag Kershaw should he hit free agency

Kershaw, Lester, Doubrant, Webster, and Barnes

[/QUOTE]

theres no way i want any part of the mega contract Kershaw is going to get. if he even makes it that far. the dodgers are pretty adamant about locking him up. Either way, it's going to be for big money

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I don't want the Sox signing ANYONE to a ten year deal.  Not even Sidd Finch at age 19.  It's just plain too risky.

The jury is still out on the Cano deal and will be for several years, and in that time some other GM's will make that move (mistake?) of signing someone to a ten year contract, but IMO by the time 2020 comes around GM's will be wisely shying away from deals that long. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Kershaw & Trout will get massive deals and at a very young age.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I see him getting 9 years max @ 29 mil per max............8 @ $230 is a certain possibility........he should be able to break the record for a pitcher

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think that we may be looking at the last one with Cano.......   MLB with the A-rod fiasco about to blow in their face and a few other "fat-cat" contracts that will end in the gutter !!

[/QUOTE]

That's what they said after the Pujols contract, and then...

I'm surprised at so many votes for Kershaw. I can't imagine a team giving ten years to a pitcher. Verlander only got a 5-year extension. Felix Hernandez and CC Sabathia each only got seven. You really think the Dodgers will go 10 for Kershaw? I don't.

[/QUOTE]

Aces pitch well till they fall off a cliff from injury.  I agree, Kershaw won't get the next 10 year deal.  I could see Trout signing a Longoria like extension that would total ten years, but buy out some arbitration years.