Next 16 games.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Next 16 games.....

SORRY  title should have been next 3 weeks

Schedule maker suks big time

The next 3 weeks may have a whole lot of meaning when we look back at this season

RS and Rays RS 19 games for Ray 17 these are up to Sun the 25th

RS have 3 at home 16 on the road 3 at Hous, 4 at KC, 3 at Jays, 3 H NYY, 3 at SF and 3 at LAD

only 2 days off and none when travelling to West coast===off Mon KC to Jays and Th SF to LAD

Rays have 17 and 9 at home 2 at Ari, 3 at LAD,3 H Sea, 3 H Jays, 3 at Bal, 3 H NYY,

but 4 days off  Mon trip to Ari, Thurs trip to LAD, Monday from LAD this coming week and Thur before NYY at home

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Next 16 games.....

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

The next 3 weeks may have a whole lot of meaning when we look back at this season

RS have 3 at home 16 on the road 3 at Hous, 4 at KC, 3 at Jays, 3 H NYY, 3 at SF and 3 at LAD

only 2 days off and none when travelling to West coast===off Mon KC to Jays and Th SF to LAD

Rays have 17 and 9 at home 2 at Ari, 3 at LAD,3 H Sea, 3 H Jays, 3 at Bal, 3 H NYY,

but 4 days off  Mon trip to Ari, Thurs trip to LAD, Monday from LAD this coming week and Thur before NYY at home

But if the schedule is bad for the Red Sox over the next stretch, hasn't it been in their favor up to now? And I would say facing Houston, KC and Toronto is pretty good. Houston is awful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Wish we played that "other" Dodger team earlier in the season.

Sox4ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

KC not so sure of, they have been pretty hot lately.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

But if the schedule is bad for the Red Sox over the next stretch, hasn't it been in their favor up to now?

No, actually it hasn't. We have the hardest schedule in MLB.

True, TB and other AL east teams have similar schedules, but I read somewhere that ours is the hardest.

(You'd think other AL East teams would be tougher since they have to play the Sox 18 times.)

And I would say facing Houston, KC and Toronto is pretty good. Houston is awful.

I'm going to all 3 games down here in Texas!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Yes they play pretty much the same teams but look at the days of and the travel comparison that is the killer in the next 3 weeks.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

TB goes on a 10 game west coast trip end of august into the start of september.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Yes they play pretty much the same teams but look at the days of and the travel comparison that is the killer in the next 3 weeks.

Want some cheese with that whine? You sound like Adrian Gonzalez complaining about the schedule.  They travel first class, stay in the best hotels and are given everything.  I think they will be ok.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We are riding high. Let's not start looking for excuses.  Suppress your inner pessimism. We can do this. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Boy I mention what looks like an imperfection in the schedule and Im a pessimist and making excuses. All I'm saying it seems to benefit the Rays at the wrong time of season and just that it could be a time that may have an effect on the positions at the end of the season.

no pessimism just stating facts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

There have been a few other threads here with similar titles, saying something along the lines of how this stretch of games will tell us something about the team, or give us a better picture of how the team fares.  

Our first 12 games were against division rivals.  There was a stretch in mid June where we played 14 games against the Rays, the Os, the Rays again, then the Tigers.   Then there was the 10 game west coast trip right before the all star break.  Then there were 10 games against division rivals right after the all star break.

The Sox have handled all of those presumably tough stretches pretty well.  They have stayed pretty consistent throughout the season.   The schedule can look a little overwhelming when looking at the big picture.  The key is to take one game at a time, which I think the team does well.  Farrell said it best - the most important game is today's game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Wish we played that "other" Dodger team earlier in the season.

Sox4ever

We always hear the saying, it's not who you play, it's when you play them. It might just be my imagination, but it seems to me that we have often played teams when they are hot.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It is what it is. Let's hope they win them all! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Win today think about tomorrow's game tomorrow.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Right now my biggest concern about the Sox isn't the schedule but the rotation.  Lester and Dempsey both stunk it up last time out, and Lackey is regressing.  Doubront and Peavy looked pretty good, but two guys does not a rotation make.  Lineup seems fine, so does the bullpen despite all our concerns. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

I always thought thats why the called it the dawg days of summer?

I dont like facts, they cloud my irresponsible Judgement!

I often go back to read what i wrote only to find out it's not what I said!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

why we are complaining about the schedule?  Yes in the next 19 games, 16 of them are on the road.  But if the Sox do very well in these 19 games at the same time they are still in the first place or maybe a game behind the Rays, that is good cuz Rays will start their differicult schedule by the time the Sox return back to Fenway Park in late month of August to Sept.

Let take one game at a time!!  Sox's pitching is a much better than it was two weeks ago. Right now, Farrell just need to figure out how to put Workman back in the rotation at the same time to figure out which Lester or Dempster need to skip their start cuz both of them are awful in their last start!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

It don't look so bad if you take it one game at a time...win today and worry about tomorrow...tomorrow. The Rays also have some tough travel ahead...including flying to KC to play a make up game later this month on one of their scheduled off day's.

Sections
Shortcuts