Next 9 games, 3 series with 3 each, Tampa, NY & Orioles...anybody worried ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Next 9 games, 3 series with 3 each, Tampa, NY & Orioles...anybody worried ?

Am I being too greedy as I want 2 out of 3 at least in each. Tampa is the most important as they are only 6 games behind us in the loss column and Price & Moore seem to quiet our bats and even though we have a better offense, they come up with 3-4 runs and beat us. NY-Balt, and NY lost last night, can go 2-2 and who gives a hoot. Then we have 3 with NY at Fenway. It's not critical if we won only one game but we then have 3 with Balt and our last 3 of the year are with Balt. Hate to bring up old wounds but 2 years ago we couldn't buy 1 victory from them & damn Yankees couldn't beat Tampa one game & were up 7 or 8-0 in the last.  We need revenge vs Orioles. OK, Mea Culpa, I'm rambling. Any opinions on the crucialness of the next 3 series with our closest contenders ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: Next 9 games, 3 series with 3 each, Tampa, NY & Orioles...anybody worried ?

We are 10-6 this season against both TB and NYY...Baltimore has played us tough, at 6-7.

The Rays aren't exactly playing their best baseball right now, and after this series we're back to Fenway.

This is a completely different Red Sox team than 2 years ago, and I think what happened then is about as relevant to these guys as what happened in 1903.

It may not be easy, but I'm not worried.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Am I being too greedy as I want 2 out of 3 at least in each. Tampa is the most important as they are only 6 games behind us in the loss column and Price & Moore seem to quiet our bats and even though we have a better offense, they come up with 3-4 runs and beat us. NY-Balt, and NY lost last night, can go 2-2 and who gives a hoot. Then we have 3 with NY at Fenway. It's not critical if we won only one game but we then have 3 with Balt and our last 3 of the year are with Balt. Hate to bring up old wounds but 2 years ago we couldn't buy 1 victory from them & damn Yankees couldn't beat Tampa one game & were up 7 or 8-0 in the last.  We need revenge vs Orioles. OK, Mea Culpa, I'm rambling. Any opinions on the crucialness of the next 3 series with our closest contenders ?

if you lost two of three in each series, you guys would still be in the drivers seat, maybe a tad less comfy, but still on top.. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Definitely worried because I figured the Sox for 100 wins this year, maybe 105.  Hard to keep watching the games these days. 

Not. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Not if we win that first Tampa game; if we get swept, anxiety will begin to build; if we lose six straight, fury outrage along with calls for the rolling heads of manager and GM will light up the board.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

No worries here.  The sox win half there games here on out then it's a cake walk to win the division, doesn't matter who they are against.  Of course if they go 0-9 than things could get a bit tense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

According to my projections about September, they would lose two of three to TB, and win two of three in the others. But so far theyve actually done two games better than my projections, winning two of three at LA, and sweeping Chi, so who knows.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Im not worried about the ALE. We have a 4.5 game lead over Det for top seed, thats where my eye is now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I wouldn't say you're being greedy to want 2 out of 3 in each series, but I would say you're being a worrywart if you think the Red Sox are going to repeat what they did in 2011.  As Jete wrote, the Red Sox could still lose 2 out of 3 in each series and have the division in hand.  However, if the Red Sox lose that many games, especially the ones at home, I wouldn't be concerned so much about their place in the standings as I would about their competitive fire going into the playoffs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I've been around too long not to worry.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

They  need to win the division. 4 days off, home field advantage, throughout the playoffs. Just keep doin' what theyre doin', winning series

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

abso NOT worried and enjoying the ride...I would rest some of the players and just win enough to lock home field for playoffs...use that 40 man roster i say

As always - 100% correct!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

No worries here as they are 7-2 so far in September. This team has been so much fun to watch this season. I believe the magic # is now down to 10.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

NO !!

Just my extremely ignorant, conservatively liberal, all knowing, pervasive, practically meaningless and but extremely intellectual points of view.

Hetch   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

AFter what I saw Buchotlz pitching tonite, I feel more confortable with the team and now just cannot wait to open my beer can to starte celebrating for the team winning the AL East divisonal title!! 

Divisional title race is becoming so slim now cuz there are only 16 games left for Boston to play at the same time Tampa is 10 games behind the win column.  Tampa still got Boston two more, Yankees three more and Orioles three more plus Texas for four games.  What are the chance for Tampa to win 90% of these games especially all of them are fighting for the post season spot.

Seriously, I think it is all over for AL teams to fight against Boston for the AL east title

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Not very worried at all. I'm going to the finally of the Yankee series and I'm pumped more then anything else.  I do plan on giving mo a round of applause!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

AFter what I saw Buchotlz pitching tonite, I feel more confortable with the team and now just cannot wait to open my beer can to starte celebrating for the team winning the AL East divisonal title!! 

Divisional title race is becoming so slim now cuz there are only 16 games left for Boston to play at the same time Tampa is 10 games behind the win column.  Tampa still got Boston two more, Yankees three more and Orioles three more plus Texas for four games.  What are the chance for Tampa to win 90% of these games especially all of them are fighting for the post season spot.

Seriously, I think it is all over for AL teams to fight against Boston for the AL east title

For something as significant as the divisional title I would go for a beer bottle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gibsonsg. Show gibsonsg's posts

Not worried at all. 97 wins at least, taking the ALE and home field. There's no stopping this team!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Good one!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Not very worried at all. I'm going to the finally of the Yankee series and I'm pumped more then anything else.  I do plan on giving mo a round of applause!

If I were there I would do the same.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I'm not worried, this team wants to win.

I had tickets to the last two games at camden yards in 2011.

Watching the sox go through the motions was a miserable experience.  It seemed like those guys wanted the season to be over so they could start playing golf. Even though I'm only an hour from baltimore it takes 2 1/2 to 3 hours to get there in rush hour traffic.  I felt I put more effort into getting to the game than the sox did in playing it.

This is different team from top to bottom.  If they lose it will be because they were outplayed not because they didn't want to play.

Go Sox!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

The Sox have too much pitching to have a total collapse as in years past. The biggest concern is staying in front of Oakland and Detroit for the best AL record to have home field advantage.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

No need to worry, up 6 games in the loss column and playing good ball. All the Sox have to do from this point forward is aviod being swept. With the depth of our staff and the gamers we have on the field, this team will continue to compete until the division is wrapped up...

As evidenced by last nights game, with a two nothing lead after five strong and impressive innings from Buchholz. Farrel went to his go to guys early...Breslow to Tazawa to Uehara (four out save). Which shows that he and the team have unfinished buisness and will come to the park with the intent to close it out...

After last night game with Price on the bump, the Sox pretty much stuck a fork in the Rays chances to make things interesting. The Rays are now in a position where they have to focus on winning games with three teams on the heals. The Sox can continue to make things difficult on them by winning the series tonight. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

With Buccholz back and the Red Sox on a role, I am not worried. 

I just hope that the Red Sox hold off the Tigers for homefield throughout the playoffs. 

Sections
Shortcuts