Next stop, SPRING TRAINING ..........

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Next stop, SPRING TRAINING ..........

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Less than 60 days and still so much to do.......  2 or 3 more moves yet to come !!!   WHAT SAY YOU ?????

[/QUOTE]

The 2 or 3 moves you reference will consist of:

1. Officially sign Napoli
    2. Sign a LHH backup 1B/OF
    3. Trade bullpen pieces for prospects

I don't see the blockbuster you envision happening, unless they wow the Marlins...but I'll admit you did predict a transformation in 2012 and got it with the Gonzalez trade. Not sure if that is exactly what you expected but it definitely was a transformation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

After a quick trip to Big Lots!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Less than 60 days and still so much to do.......  2 or 3 more moves yet to come !!!   WHAT SAY YOU ?????

[/QUOTE]

The 2 or 3 moves you reference will consist of:

1. Officially sign Napoli
    2. Sign a LHH backup 1B/OF
    3. Trade bullpen pieces for prospects

I don't see the blockbuster you envision happening, unless they wow the Marlins...but I'll admit you did predict a transformation in 2012 and got it with the Gonzalez trade. Not sure if that is exactly what you expected but it definitely was a transformation.

[/QUOTE]Thanks Soxdog 67.......  Yes that was a "TRANSFORMATION" and Ben/Larry get high marks for that.......  You are the only one that has given a "credit" to me for the vision to call for a complete change......  The starting pitching was just dreadful, Youk was Bobby V.'s "stick boy" and the VET'S just never warmed up to Bobby V.... Don't forget the injuries, so many that at times we looked like a 3AAA team...... Once Big Papi went down the gig was up....... As Dad would say....... "SON, WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR"  !!! The A-gon, Beckett$, Crawford deal was great/ballsey and excited the fan base...... Just getting rid of BECKETT$ helped cleanse the ATTITUDE......  It beat the Boston Brinks Job for sure !!!!    BTW,  Your #67 found me on this Destroyer in California with my transistor radio & my beloved 1967 "BOYS OF SUMMER"   !!!  "Those were the days my friend, we thought they would never end" !!!

[/QUOTE]

Well posters here should have given you kudos are the Sox-Dodger trade...it was definitely a transformation of this team and you reminded us all it was needed so many times...even I didn't see that blockbuster deal coming.

Well I was just a young lad living just outside Boston back in '67, and although I was a Sox fan prior to that (I had all their baseball cards since around 65) 'Impossible Dream' season and watching Yaz go out of his mind was just somethng nobody could not get involved with if you were from the Boston area or a Sox fan outside of Beantown.

I remember scoring each WS game on the back of the Boston Record American newspaper (aka teh Boston Herald now)...unfortunately Bob Gibson was just too much for the Sox that postseason...with his arm and the bat. Great memories, although so long, long ago.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts