Next up - # 200

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Next up - # 200

Wake in celebrated company.
    Please light a candle for the absentee Wake basher.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Re: Next up - # 200

Give him time he will be here. Does not mean he will celebrate with us, but then i would not celebrate with him either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

The old man is on a roll...

I've seen enough AAA pitchers come and go to appreciate what Wakefield brings to the table. It ain't always pretty, but he usually keeps the Sox in the game. Perfect pitcher to round off the rotation of the best offense in the majors.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Red Sox are 9-4 in Wakefield's starts. Take that for what its worth. The guy just wins.

Big fan of Wakefield. I believe he is a true teammate. he is no HOF or even Red Sox HOF, but his contribution to our proud franchise has been so valuable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Next up - # 200:
    [QUOTE]Give him time he will be here. Does not mean he will celebrate with us, but then i would not celebrate with him either.
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

Your honest is a breath of fresh air around here.
    The road to 200 wins has been hotly debated and not always pretty, but it does reflect the bias people have against the type of pitch he throws.

I admire the ability to get the world's best hitters out on basically one pitch.
    I don't admire Wake the hunter.

But the landmark 200th win in a Boston uniform will be made possible by a guy who didn't prioritize money in the age of the mercenary.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]Red Sox are 9-4 in Wakefield's starts. Take that for what its worth. The guy just wins. Big fan of Wakefield. I believe he is a true teammate. he is no HOF or even Red Sox HOF, but his contribution to our proud franchise has been so valuable.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

He can thank the offense for that 9-4 record in his starts, not his pitching.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next up - # 200 : He can thank the offense for that 9-4 record in his starts, not his pitching.
    Posted by -The--Babe----------[/QUOTE]

Wrong again because he pitched well today.  Had the score been closer, he would have gone 6 innings and given up 3 runs.  I'll take that from Wake any day.  But you watch all the games and understand those nuances don't you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next up - # 200 : He can thank the offense for that 9-4 record in his starts, not his pitching.

Things tend to even out. Wake historically gets very poor run support.
    This year he has the advantage of playing in front of the game's best offense.
    This despite the fact NY dishes out more bread for prima donnas like AROID, Teix  Jeter, Posada,...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next up - # 200 : Your honest is a breath of fresh air around here. The road to 200 wins has been hotly debated and not always pretty, but it does reflect the bias people have against the type of pitch he throws. I admire the ability to get the world's best hitters out on basically one pitch. I don't admire Wake the hunter. But the landmark 200th win in a Boston uniform will be made possible by a guy who didn't prioritize money in the age of the mercenary.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I will tell you something interesting about today's game, I was worried in the first inning, by the second i was calm, by the 6th i was at peace with the game. Then when Wake got bombed in the 7th ( I let my evil side take over) I questioned if he still had it, 8th grade thinking set in im afraid. I questioned if he should be let go and bring in another younger guy that had a future not a perfect end. Then I came to my senses and realized that Tito was trying to get as many innings as possible out of Wake, why not with the run machine behind him and a 9 run lead. Wake was in essence exactly what the Sox needed today, an innings eater keeping the home town team in the game. One last comment about the game today and this board, I noticed someone posted a worrisome post about Aceves giving up another run. Still in my adult thought mode, i was shocked that someone would worry about this guy who has saved us so many times this year i cannot count them. He was pitching to contact to get his team out of the game as quickly as possible. I then realized that Tito is a hell of a lot smarter than me about baseball and has instilled that intelligence into his players.

Go Sox and Thanks Wake!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next up - # 200 : I will tell you something interesting about today's game, I was worried in the first inning, by the second i was calm, by the 6th i was at peace with the game. Then when Wake got bombed in the 7th ( I let my evil side take over) I questioned if he still had it, 8th grade thinking set in im afraid. I questioned if he should be let go and bring in another younger guy that had a future not a perfect end. Then I came to my senses and realized that Tito was trying to get as many innings as possible out of Wake, why not with the run machine behind him and a 9 run lead. Wake was in essence exactly what the Sox needed today, an innings eater keeping the home town team in the game. One last comment about the game today and this board, I noticed someone posted a worrisome post about Aceves giving up another run. Still in my adult thought mode, i was shocked that someone would worry about this guy who has saved us so many times this year i cannot count them. He was pitching to contact to get his team out of the game as quickly as possible. I then realized that Tito is a hell of a lot smarter than me about baseball and has instilled that intelligence into his players. Go Sox and Thanks Wake!

Baseball's roller-coaster ride stirs the animal instincts in all of us.
    Many don't realize how intensity level affects both players and fans alike.
    For example, there's a fear Paps now can't nail down a 1-run win. But he still continues to. And it you notice, he amps it up to 97 MPH in the process.

Wake is at his best when he feels he has something to prove. Think about it. His last outings. It's been his MO all his life, similar to the way Pedey harnesses that chip on his shoulder. Once Wake loses that intensity, his dancer loses it's extra bite. Of course, fatigue and other elements weigh into it also.

Aceves is the same way. He pitches better with more on the line. It's the same for hitters, as game conditions affect concentration level. And as fans, it's often difficult to think of these guys as anything but well-paid, well-oiled machinery.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next up - # 200 : Wrong again because he pitched well today.  Had the score been closer, he would have gone 6 innings and given up 3 runs.  I'll take that from Wake any day.  But you watch all the games and understand those nuances don't you?
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

No, he went 6.1 innings with 7 earned runs. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next up - # 200 : No, he went 6.1 innings with 7 earned runs. 

Yeah, I know that is what he pitched.  But that wasn't the point of my post, was it?  We get that you are a total homer, which is why we didn't hear from you last night.  But, in these instances, if you are going to add your 2 cents, at least try to understand what people are trying to say.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next up - # 200 : I will tell you something interesting about today's game, I was worried in the first inning, by the second i was calm, by the 6th i was at peace with the game. Then when Wake got bombed in the 7th ( I let my evil side take over) I questioned if he still had it, 8th grade thinking set in im afraid. I questioned if he should be let go and bring in another younger guy that had a future not a perfect end. Then I came to my senses and realized that Tito was trying to get as many innings as possible out of Wake, why not with the run machine behind him and a 9 run lead. Wake was in essence exactly what the Sox needed today, an innings eater keeping the home town team in the game. One last comment about the game today and this board, I noticed someone posted a worrisome post about Aceves giving up another run. Still in my adult thought mode, i was shocked that someone would worry about this guy who has saved us so many times this year i cannot count them. He was pitching to contact to get his team out of the game as quickly as possible. I then realized that Tito is a hell of a lot smarter than me about baseball and has instilled that intelligence into his players. Go Sox and Thanks Wake!

Good post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next up - # 200 : Yeah, I know that is what he pitched.  But that wasn't the point of my post, was it?  We get that you are a total homer, which is why we didn't hear from you last night.  But, in these instances, if you are going to add your 2 cents, at least try to understand what people are trying to say.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

clueless jim, you know darn well that I don't run and hide when the Yankees lose, so that weak attempt at a dig is pretty lame.

I was out kyacking......Tongue out

Make whatever excuses you like, but the bottom line is wake got shelled.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The bottom line: Wake won.
    And his next win will be #200

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next up - # 200 : clueless jim, you know darn well that I don't run and hide when the Yankees lose, so that weak attempt at a dig is pretty lame. I was out kyacking...... Make whatever excuses you like, but the bottom line is wake got shelled.

Do you mean kayaking? I know how much proper spelling means to you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next up - # 200 : Do you mean kayaking? I know how much proper spelling means to to you.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

No, it was a different type of typo, but I can't say it here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next up - # 200 : Do you mean kayaking? I know how much proper spelling means to you.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

I spelled it that way on purpose because that's how jim spelled it in one of his earlier posts. He then claimed it to be a typo, which we all know it wasn't.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next up - # 200 : I spelled it that way on purpose because that's how jim spelled it in one of his earlier posts. He then claimed it to be a typo, which we all know it wasn't.

That would explain the little face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I'm waiting for Babe to defend NY's over-paid offensive prima-donnas.
    Wake finally is getting run support this year.
    Like many of NY's starters always have.
    Now I see Colon is still winning, but is more exposed with each outing.
    Burnett was the perceived #2-#3 pitcher. Wake makes a fraction of A.J.'s salary.
    Wanna compare records?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

good for wake!
    but still, they allowed too many runs to a crappy scoring team!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]I'm waiting for Babe to defend NY's over-paid offensive prima-donnas. Wake finally is getting run support this year. Like many of NY's starters always have. Now I see Colon is still winning, but is more exposed with each outing. Burnett was the perceived #2-#3 pitcher. Wake makes a fraction of A.J.'s salary. Wanna compare records?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

LOL...almost all ballplayers are overpaid. 

And, yes, Colon definitely got exposed today.....7 innings of 2 run ball.

And wake isn't the comparison to AJ. That would be lackey.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

As a Sox fan, even I will admit that Sox fans are in no position to harp on overpaid pitchers on the Yankees.  I'm not even joking when I say that John Lackey may go down as the biggest bust of a free agent signing in the history of MLB.  That's not even an exaggeration.  Barry Zito is currently in that discussion. Vernon Wells is currently in that discussion.  If Lackey doesn't turn things around then he may pass them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Red Sox are 9-4 in Wakefield's starts. Take that for what its worth. The guy just wins. Big fan of Wakefield. I believe he is a true teammate. he is no HOF or even Red Sox HOF, but his contribution to our proud franchise has been so valuable.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Disagree, he's RS HOF material. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next up - # 200 : Disagree, he's RS HOF material. 
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  He hasn't been anything more than a 4 or 5 starter at best throughout his RS career but the stats he's built up warrants a spot in the RS HOF.  It would be a crime to leave him out.

Sections
Shortcuts