Next Year 2015

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Next Year 2015

I know the plan is to watch the kids play and give them their experience. Currently Middlebrooks is hitting .194, Bradley is hitting .213, and Baeggarts is hitting .233. There is absolutely no optimism that any if these three guys are going to hit any better than they are currently hitting next year. Even with this years write off and experience what happens next year ? Their trade value is much lower than it was before the year even if you trade these three guys. This is not even mentioning that Pedroia looks awful and no where near deserving of that contract that Luchinno and Cherrington gave him last year. Napoli continues to strike out in big at bats and Ortiz will be a year older next year. Victorino had a major back surgery and Daniel Nava is basically who he is. This team is currently a disaster in the hitting department and I for one do not see optimism in the future.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Next Year 2015

Well, I'm more concerned about the pitching.  August - I want to see my top 5 pitching prospects make 3 starts each - see what we have.

Sept 1, I want 15-20 slots determined for 2015 and I want those guys in the line up.  Guys like Injurino need to go and if Allen isn't ready to play on Sept 1 then I'll need to deal with that too.  I want the 2015 team to learn how to play, and hopefully win, together by the end of 2015.  That way we go into ST training well ahead of everyone else.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

As I stated in another post, could one imagine where the SOX would be w/o their HIGHLY-RATED farm system? Btw, 6 hits last night in 19 innings; offensively this team never ceases to surprise. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

As I stated in another post, could one imagine where the SOX would be w/o their HIGHLY-RATED farm system? Btw, 6 hits last night in 19 innings; offensively this team never ceases to surprise. 

it's an incomplete team

they need to determine a few things this month:

1)  Do they have an internal solution to a lead off hitter?  (I like Holt as a bench guy, he will be exposed as a full time lead off man)

2)  Will Allen Craig be healthy and if not, do they have a run producer internally to bat 6th?

3)  WMB - This guy has like 30 games max to turn it around

4)  Who plays CF next year?

Looks like Ben will be be busy adding 2 every day players, an Ace, and a #2 starter this off season.  Otherwise, expect another long 2015 season which, to have back to back last place finishes after a WSC is a complete and total joke for a team w/ a Payroll north of 150.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

it's an incomplete team

1)  Do they have an internal solution to a lead off hitter?  (I like Holt as a bench guy, he will be exposed as a full time lead off man)

2)  Will Allen Craig be healthy and if not, do they have a run producer internally to bat 6th?

Looks like Ben will be be busy adding 2 every day players, an Ace, and a #2 starter this off season.  Otherwise, expect another long 2015 season which, to have back to back last place finishes after a WSC is a complete and total joke for a team w/ a Payroll north of 150.......

For sure, the answers do not live in the SOX farm system.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Like the low rent employment adds:  Need 25 people to replace 25 people who didn't want to work.  Need  3 minor leaguers to replace 3 minor leaguers who couldn't hit , except the next three are younger and less experienced than the first three. I guess I would play WMB, Bogie and bring back b\Betts and play them every day.  Bradley, I am not sure, .  I might send him to Pawtucket, have him hit leadoff and get as many at bats as possible, as his confidence hitting at he major league level appears to be shattered and his approach, setup , whatever is terrible.  Just as an aside saw the movie Boyhood yesterday and thought it was really good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

it's an incomplete team

If MB can play CF and bat leadoff and if Gary C can play 3rd and bat 6th they do..........

Ace and #2 man have to come externally (Ace via FA - Mad Max and #2 via trade in M Latos)

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

it's an incomplete team

Agreed. I am just afraid this is a wasted year with nothing to show from three rookies and Allen who is damaged goods. No guarantees next season for improvement plus a pitching staff that has to be completely rebuilt. Great going Larry Luchinno with this disastrous season.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts