Nice contribution Salty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Nice contribution Salty

This is what we need more often than not out of our starting catcher.  Nice streak going keep it going.

Lester?  Fantastic outing the team really needed this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Nice contribution Salty

+1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Salty's .337 OBP is about 20 points higher than I thought was the most we could get out of him.

It's early yet, but you gotta like the trend on that front anyways.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

+100 craze, I dont know why but I have a really good feeling about this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The guys only 28 and has only had a fulltime job for 3 years. Every team gave up on him and didnt take the time in the minors to turn his raw talent into a solid MLB catcher. The Sox took that time and although some here still think hes a "butcher' behind the plate, he has made a lot of improvement in a lot of areas. His stats are improved along with the intangibles that dont show up in the stats. He called a great game last night and Lester came one hit from a perfect game. His bat is becoming much more consistent and hes getting better every year IMO. Although Im not sure the Sox will offer him a deal, Im sure he will make the money he deserves and has worked his tail off for. Heres a good article from today...

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2013/05/saltalamacchia_6.html