Nice effort, bailey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Nice effort, bailey

4 hits and a walk - 5 runs in a third of an inning.

He's nasty!

Bailey has electric stuff!

Reddick 29 HRs and heading to the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Nice effort, bailey

Season ERA 6.75

He can't handle the pressure on a sub .500 club? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I guess we will have to see if a full offseason and no injuries will help...Hidnsight on Reddick. Most here were saying that he wasnt anymore than a 4th Of'er and quite honestly he played like it.

Personally, as I watched him climb through the minors I noticed he took a little longer to adjust at each level and I thought the same would apply to MLB. The sox had too many LH OF'ers going into the season and unfortunately JR was the odd man out with kalish hurt and Ells and CC going nowhere (until August that is).

I wouldve liked to see himmake those adjustments with the Sox but this FO has a hard on for Kalish...Ya win some and ya lose some...I choose not to dwell on it...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Bailey had a terrible game last night-no question.   As good as even Papelbon was he had some clunkers, too.  Just put Bailey out there again tonight to see how he rebounds. 

He should be next year's closer and if he is there will be one less spot to have to worry about filling in the spring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

On a brighter note: 

Remy had a good call on what should have been strike 3 on Pena and the pinch hitter after him I think also had a strike 3--both pitches were called balls. On Pena's the ball got away from Lava and he blocked the umps view. The other was a miss. 

Just another tough ending. Is it amazing, not just for the Sox, but the number of third strike calls missed by umps that result in runs for the offensive team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Reddick has a batting avg of .249 ...... Cody Ross is a MUCH better option for the Red Sox ...... Just saying !!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from modod. Show modod's posts

Looked like BP out there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

He is nasty and he does have electric stuff.

He stunk last night.

See how I can avoid hyperbole?  It isn't that hard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to rsinsider's comment:

Reddick has a batting avg of .249 ...... Cody Ross is a MUCH better option for the Red Sox ...... Just saying !!!!!

Josh Reddick this season has been valued at 4.2 WAR* on a salary of $485,000 while Cody Ross has been valued at 2.8 WAR on a salary of $3 million.

Just saying.

* Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Reddick will probably finish in the top ten in the MVP voting.  Bailey has an ERA over 6.00 after missing most of the season. Sweeney has been no help.  For now , the trade is lopsided in the A's favor.  Maybe next year will be different, but right now it looks like a mistake.  It was made because of the loss of Papelbon.  He is sorely missed. What else can you say ? It has been a year to forget.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

What's important is to sit like a vulture over your keyboard waiting to b1tch and moan every time a Sox player has a bad game.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Reddick will probably finish in the top ten in the MVP voting.  Bailey has an ERA over 6.00 after missing most of the season. Sweeney has been no help.  For now , the trade is lopsided in the A's favor.  Maybe next year will be different, but right now it looks like a mistake.  It was made because of the loss of Papelbon.  He is sorely missed. What else can you say ? It has been a year to forget.

Reddick will not be in the top ten MVP voting.  Maybe three months ago, but not anymore due he have cooled off.

Right now for the top ten best MVP players this year are:  Cabrera, Hamilton, Trout, Jeter, Beltre, Verlander, Price, Weaver, Butler, and Jones.  The next best five would be: Willingham, Encarnacion, Fielder, Sale, and Harrison.  

Right now Reddick are more of outside top 20 best players in AL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Also Bailey ERA before last nite was in the 3.00's!!!  Cant just judge on one bad game.  Papelbon have blew games like last nite few times in his career with the Red Sox including the last post season game that the Red Sox played in.

That is his first blown save of his career.  Dont count the one back in August cuz it occurred in the 8th innings as a set up pitcher.

I think Bailey will be a successful closer for next season!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Also Bailey ERA before last nite was in the 3.00's!!!  Cant just judge on one bad game.  Papelbon have blew games like last nite few times in his career with the Red Sox including the last post season game that the Red Sox played in.

That is his first blown save of his career.  Dont count the one back in August cuz it occurred in the 8th innings as a set up pitcher.

I hope Bailey does a great job next season. We surely need it.  Right now, the trade favors the A's by a wide margin.  Can that be disputed ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I hope Bailey does a great job next season. We surely need it.  Right now, the trade favors the A's by a wide margin.  Can that be disputed ?

But Reddick would not hit over 20 HR's if he play for Boston!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

But Reddick would not hit over 20 HR's if he play for Boston!!      Have to disagree with that. He now has 29. Plus 5 triples. Also , 11 stolen bases. And , 14 outfield assists.  He is having a great season. He is fulfilling the potential that he showed in Boston. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

everyone has a bad game.  thankfully we didnt need the save to force game 4 of the ALDS or need it to make the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Can't be disputed on the bottom-line Gale.  But it can be somewhat asterisked by the fact that both players traded for Reddick were hurt for most of the season.  Of course, maybe they shoulda known given Bailey's history.  But I will reserve judgement until Bailey gets a relatively healthy season in as comparison.  But, i certainly don't want to take anything away from what Reddick has done.  Nice breakout season for him.  Still has holes in his game.  They are nicely shrouded by his HR numbers.  But a really strong season nonetheless.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Small sample size on Bailey. And the losing attitude on the team has got to be infectious. I suspect they all go out there knowing that this is not a good team, that they are more than likely going to lose, no matter who they play, and that affects the confidence of every player out there. I want to see a full season of a healthy Andrew Bailey, or at least more of him than what I have seen so far, before judging him or the trade to get him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We will just have to re-visit the trade next year.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

everyone has a bad game.  thankfully we didnt need the save to force game 4 of the ALDS or need it to make the playoffs.

No , we certainly don't have to worry about that this year.   I will be satisfied if Bailey becomes anywhere near as successful as Papelbon was here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

No , we certainly don't have to worry about that this year.   I will be satisfied if Bailey becomes anywhere near as successful as Papelbon was here.

Bailey has been that succesful his entire career.  He did have one bad inning last night. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I agree, every reliever has had a bad outing or two. Even the great Mariano Rivera has gotten litten up every so often. Things happen and really this had no effect on a pennant race or the standings. Things happen even to the best of them. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

You are right about Papelbon.  He was always one of my favorite Red Sox players but I still don't believe that he wanted to remain with the Red Sox.  The only way he might have remained with the Red Sox is we offered him more than he got from Philadelphia,  which is highly unlikely.  Even he was offered more money I am still not sure that he would have resigned with the Red Sox. 

Sections
Shortcuts