Nice head of steam, time to destroy punk Showalter and his boys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Nice head of steam, time to destroy punk Showalter and his boys

Big series, no?  Statements ready to be made.  Club is rolling now.  Bullpen roles defined.  Offense clicking.  And the starting pitching finally locking down.  Time to take down the Bird Beasts of the East.

Statement 1:  Get to within 6 while still in May.  Nice position.

Statement 2:  Get above .500 (and stay there?)

Statement 3:  PAY BACK.  Showlater ran his mouth in Spring 2011 (granted, and excellent move to fire his troops up and get them confident, paying dividends this year) and the bastahd got the last laugh by finishing the Sox' disaster off.  

Prediction: 2 of 3 (if they get them in, forecast looks deluge-ional).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Nice head of steam, time to destroy punk Showalter and his boys

LOL....alright,simmer down there pal..Tongue out...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

"Punk Showalter and his boys??!!"  The have the best W-L record in the AL, even better than the Rangers who lead the AL in hitting and almost in ERA.  They are playing excellent ball with very solid pitching and not half bad hitting. 

The Orioles were once a terrific franchise and have fallen on hard times, but right now they just might be having a resurgence.  This can only be good for MLB even if it is a pain in the neck for us. 

I would love to sweep the Orioles because doing so would indeed be a statement.  But I will be more than happy with 2 of 3.  If the Sox can hit Phillies pitching, they should be able to hit the Orioles.  Only problem is the three Sox starters in Baltimore--Buchholz, Doubront, and Bard. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I agree with you Space, this is a big series, expecially for Mid May. Showalter has the O's believing in themselves, so as important as it is for the Sox to get over .500 and narrow the lead a little it is even more important to put some doubts in the minds of the Oriole players....if you don't shake young overacheiving teams back to reality before the AS break, they have a tendency to stick around til the end. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Nice head of steam, time to destroy punk Showalter and his boys:
    I am with you Space  -  trouble is that these guys grabbed their ankles when the O's were recently in their own playground.....
    Posted by andrewmitch

So true A-Mitch.  Thats why I am amping up my clubhouse rah-rah for them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Nice head of steam, time to destroy punk Showalter and his boys:
    I am with you Space  -  trouble is that these guys grabbed their ankles when the O's were recently in their own playground.....
    Posted by andrewmitch
    So, you don't think phrases like "grabbed their ankles" are demeaning to professional athletes? They lost ballgames. If you'll take time to notice, all teams do. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

"Punk Showalter and his boys??!!"  The have the best W-L record in the AL, even better than the Rangers who lead the AL in hitting and almost in ERA.  They are playing excellent ball with very solid pitching and not half bad hitting.  The Orioles were once a terrific franchise and have fallen on hard times, but right now they just might be having a resurgence.  This can only be good for MLB even if it is a pain in the neck for us.  I would love to sweep the Orioles because doing so would indeed be a statement.  But I will be more than happy with 2 of 3.  If the Sox can hit Phillies pitching, they should be able to hit the Orioles.  Only problem is the three Sox starters in Baltimore--Buchholz, Doubront, and Bard. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Don't get me wrong Max.  Baltimore is a real good ball club.  I love the fact that they have emerged.  There can be no doubt that the AL East is the most bad-azz division in baseball ... Wondering when the last time an entire division was in the positive in run differential.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Nice head of steam, time to destroy punk Showalter and his boys:
    Big series, no?  Statements ready to be made.  Club is rolling now.  Bullpen roles defined.  Offense clicking.  And the starting pitching finally locking down.  Time to take down the Bird Beasts of the East. Statement 1:  Get to with 6 while still in May.  Nice position. Statement 2:  Get above .500 (and stay there?) Statement 3:  PAY BACK.  Showlater ran his mouth in Spring 2011 (granted, and excellent move to fire his troops up and get them confident, paying dividends this year) and the bastahd got the last laugh by finishing the Sox' disaster off.   Prediction 2 of 3 (if they get them in, forecast looks deluge-ional).
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

thought you were describing the birds. BV is the punk and is no Buck as far as managerial ability. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Nice head of steam, time to destroy punk Showalter and his boys : thought you were describing the birds. BV is the punk and is no Buck as far as managerial ability. 
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES

YOU ARE THE PUNK

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Nice head of steam, time to destroy punk Showalter and his boys : So, you don't think phrases like "grabbed their ankles" are demeaning to professional athletes? They lost ballgames. If you'll take time to notice, all teams do. 
    Posted by expitch

It's called criticizing guys who are in the public spot light.  It's my honest assessment of what I saw. 

What you are doing is demeaning and entering into -issing matches with people on line (eg "If you take time to notice")

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Nice head of steam, time to destroy punk Showalter and his boys : It's called criticizing guys who are in the public spot light.  It's my honest assessment of what I saw.  What you are doing is demeaning and entering into -issing matches with people on line (eg "If you take time to notice")
    Posted by andrewmitch

C'mon andrew.  While I think admonishing the use of phrases like "grabbed their ankles" is a bit PC in the bad sense, your post is the pot calling the kettle black in the worst way.  Demeaning and entering into pizzing matches?  You start a good third, if not more, of your posts with "wow", as if the person you are responding to's post was so inane that you are awestruck.  You demean and enter into pizzing matches almost all of the time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

"Punk the O's????"

I would love it if we stepped up to their level!  They never "punked" us!  They kicked our lazy, entitled, quitting arsses. 

The way we've been playing the last 8 games, I can start to re-gain a little pride in this team!  The contributions by our new guys, Avilles, Sweeney, Nava, Middlebrooks,  half the BP, Dubby, etc.????   These guys have given this team a huge boost.  Our overpriced starting pitching core is finally starting to show signs of life.  If they pitch near their contract level, we should have a contending team?  If the spoiled & entitled bad attitudes are simply laying dormant, we're in for a long season!  

I'm simply hoping we've ACTUALLY turned that metaphorical corner, and we play to our potential the rest of the season.  Still not convinced this team has the mental make up to do it, but I've got my fingers crossed!!!!

As far as any "punking" goes????  That's the last thing this team needs!!!  Good on the O's, I pray we play with that much character! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I agree it may be in poor taste but the problem is that is what this team has been known for....

I may say "WOW" and I agree it can be taken the wrong way.  I'll be more careful.  I may take strong issue with statements but I do not throw personal insults or call out posters.  That's what I mean by -issing matches........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Sox are hot - just to be different I say we sweep.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Nice head of steam, time to destroy punk Showalter and his boys : C'mon andrew.  While I think admonishing the use of phrases like "grabbed their ankles" is a bit PC in the bad sense, your post is the pot calling the kettle black in the worst way.  Demeaning and entering into pizzing matches?  You start a good third, if not more, of your posts with "wow", as if the person you are responding to's post was so inane that you are awestruck.  You demean and enter into pizzing matches almost all of the time.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus
    PC, my earlobe.
    He says he doesn't demean. That phrase is demeaning to professional athletes. It goes way beyond criticism.
    I called him on that. It has nothing to do with PC. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Nice head of steam, time to destroy punk Showalter and his boys : PC, my earlobe. He says he doesn't demean. That phrase is demeaning to professional athletes. It goes way beyond criticism. I called him on that. It has nothing to do with PC. 
    Posted by expitch

Fair enough.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Nice head of steam, time to destroy punk Showalter and his boys : It's called criticizing guys who are in the public spot light.  It's my honest assessment of what I saw.  What you are doing is demeaning and entering into -issing matches with people on line (eg "If you take time to notice")
    Posted by andrewmitch
    If you keeping saying "what I see," it's legitimate to question what you do and don't notice.
    Lots of people make "honest" statements that are questionable in both content and style. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Nice head of steam, time to destroy punk Showalter and his boys:
    Big series, no?  Statements ready to be made.  Club is rolling now.  Bullpen roles defined.  Offense clicking.  And the starting pitching finally locking down.  Time to take down the Bird Beasts of the East. Statement 1:  Get to with 6 while still in May.  Nice position. Statement 2:  Get above .500 (and stay there?) Statement 3:  PAY BACK.  Showlater ran his mouth in Spring 2011 (granted, and excellent move to fire his troops up and get them confident, paying dividends this year) and the bastahd got the last laugh by finishing the Sox' disaster off.   Prediction 2 of 3 (if they get them in, forecast looks deluge-ional).
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

I have similar sentiments, Space.

Showalter is a flea.  A good basebal flea, but a nuisance all the same.  Time for payback.

Not to mention ... well, hey, why not mention it then.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Nice head of steam, time to destroy punk Showalter and his boys : If you keeping saying "what I see," it's legitimate to question what you do and don't notice. Lots of people make "honest" statements that are questionable in both content and style. 
    Posted by expitch

So you see something different than the Sox losing 7 of their last 9 to the O's including a sweep at home 2 weeks ago?  Please enlighten us with your unquestionale observations in both content and style......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In Response to Re: Nice head of steam, time to destroy punk Showalter and his boys : So you see something different than the Sox losing 7 of their last 9 to the O's including a sweep at home 2 weeks ago?  Please enlighten us with your unquestionale observations in both content and style......
    Posted by andrewmitch

i agree, they got F'ed in the A

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i have grown more tired of the Rays and Maddon than the Orioles, i hate there $hiddy ugly dome too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Showalter and thee Orioles will not continue to win as they have, with a negative run differential. They've been lucky.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Nice head of steam, time to destroy punk Showalter and his boys : So you see something different than the Sox losing 7 of their last 9 to the O's including a sweep at home 2 weeks ago?  Please enlighten us with your unquestionale observations in both content and style......
    Posted by andrewmitch
    Equivocation now joins your long list of logical fallacies. You and I have been talking about what we "see" on the field of play, not the record. That is there for all to see. You purport to be the all-seeing eye of events on the diamond. But in fact you are the Grand Selective Sampler.
    Your style is that of a terminal blowhard. See above for my comment on the content.

Sections
Shortcuts