Nice job offense....real nice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Nice job offense....real nice

way to waste a good pitching performance from Lester.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Nice job offense....real nice

We need a true threat to go with A-Gon, no one is afraid of pitching against this line up. Not to mention we suck, as usual, with runners in scoring position.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

It seems like opponent pitchers are more than confident to pitch against our guys.  There's no respect any more for the Sox as a team.  Umpires don't show respect either.  Tough year for Sox players and fans.. This is very depressing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

RISP is terrible.  Youk looks done.  Defense still terrible.  Pitching spotty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

I heard that the hitters are on strike until they get their chicken and beer back!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

The first pitch to Gonzalez in the ninth was a medium fastball, straight as a string, on the inner half. That was his pitch to hit. But he might have been looking for Romero's bender. Not a good idea, IMO. With a pitcher like Romero, you jump on every chance to hit the fastball -- especially if it's where you like it. Maybe Gonzalez pops up, or grounds out, or fouls off the pitch. But it WAS his pitch.
    Youkilis looks lost at the plate. Down in the order, I guess. But that won't help much either until this club starts to hit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Good lord folks! You do all realize this line up will be among the very best in Baseball at scoring runs this season, don't you? I'm talking top 10. If you want to worry about something, worry about that pitching staff. Youk will be fine also. You'll see!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Am almost ready to panic.....AGAIN.
    D.L. for Youk ? Bring up Ciracio to play 3rd ? Option Saltalamacchia to AAA and bring up Lavarnway ?

What kind of " shake things up " moves might be appropriate ?
    Another month of this and we may have to conceed a rebuilding " bridge" year, and develop the kids. Lavarnway, Middlebrooks, maybe even Iglesias ...although Ryan probably only one who's ready.

Wow, keeping Beltre instead of signing Crawford or Lackey sure looks good right now ! Funny thing , though....John Henry has never offered ME a job, LOL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

In Response to Re: Nice job offense....real nice:
    We need a true threat to go with A-Gon, no one is afraid of pitching against this line up. Not to mention we suck, as usual, with runners in scoring position.
    Posted by freediro

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

KEEPING BELTRE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD MOVE. THE GUY WAS A
    WINNER AND PLAYED HARD. I AGREE THAT YOUKILIS IS THROUGH. THE UMPS
    ARE TAKING SOME GLEE IN RINGING HIM UP LATELY BECAUSE HE IS SUCH A
    WHINER. HE IS NOT EXACTLY A ROD OR MIGGY OR LONGORIA AT THE PLATE.
    HECK...HE ISN'T EVEN LAWRIE. YOUKILIS IS SLOW, OLD , AND ARTHRITIC.
    THE TEAM REALLY DOESN'T SCARE ANYONE. ELLSBURY SWINGS AT ANYTHING
    CLOSE, PAPI CAN'T BEAT THE SHIFT, AND AGON IS NOT THE THREAT HE WAS
    CRACKED UP TO BE...HECK, HE IS ABOUT AS SCARY AS NICK SWISHER.
    SO...LET'S SEE WHAT THE SOX DID TO BOLSTER THEIR SQUAD .
    THEY SIGNED SHOPPACH, AVILES, SWEENEY , ROSS, SALTALAMACCHIA &
    MCDONALD. WOW !!!! MURDERERS ROW. THESE GUYS COULDN'T EVEN
    MAKE THE YANKEES SCRANTON ROSTER, LET ALONE A MAJOR LEAGUE TEAM.
    ONLY SWEENEY LOOKS LIKE A KEEPER. THE REST STINK TO HIGH HEAVEN,
    THIS ONE AND FIVE START IS GONNA LEAD TO 4TH OR 5TH PLACE. VERY
    SIMPLY , THE PITCHING WILL BE DECENT, BUT THE HITTING IS MEDIOCRE.
    I FEEL SORRY FOR PEDROIA. PAPI WILL BE GONE IN 2013 AND THEN THIS
    TEAM WILL REALLY FLOUNDER. AGON IS NOT A TEAM LEADER AND CRAWFORD
    SHOWED THE WHOLE LEAGUE THAT HE STUNK OUTSIDE OF TAMPA.
    LOTSA LUCK , FENWAY FAITHFUL. IT'S GONNA BE A LONG, LOSING ROAD.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Nice job offense....real nice:
    way to waste a good pitching performance from Lester.
    Posted by fourrings

You forgot 'again'.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

This S*&t is getting old....7-20 last sept, now 1-5....What Gives?!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karlosantonylimtiaco. Show Karlosantonylimtiaco's posts

We look to be in trouble... serious trouble. I know it is only 5 games, but we look like the team the started and ended the season last year. The big difference is that I don't think we will have the heart to turn it on in the middle part of the season like we did last year. Tampa is off to a great start and just beat Verlander... what a confidence booster. The homestand will be critical to this year!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

did anyone really think our team improved from last year?

im pretty sure TB, NY, Tex, LAA did...

but we  just kept our best fielding and hitting prospects at AAA to maximize contract leverage....

thats all you have to know about this management...

we should have gotten rid of youk, beckett, and not resigned papi....instead we got rid of paps and marco....

i bet Tito feels like he got out of Dodge at the right time...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

did anyone really think our team improved from last year? im pretty sure TB, NY, Tex, LAA did... but we  just kept our best fielding and hitting prospects at AAA to maximize contract leverage.... thats all you have to know about this management... we should have gotten rid of youk, beckett, and not resigned papi....instead we got rid of paps and marco.... i bet Tito feels like he got out of Dodge at the right time...
    Posted by georom4

I also questioned getting rid of Scutero. The guy put in a good effort every game & could also hit. Big mistake IMO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from haste. Show haste's posts

Hope I'm wrong, but I think Youk is over the hill.  He's always given us everything he had and I just think his body can't take it any more.  It's been two seasons since we've seen the real Youk.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

On pace to win 26 games this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

The team looks like they are quietly waiting for JOBU to wake up the bats.  Time to say f you JOBU, and start doing it themselves.

Seriously, they seem to be taking a lot of called strikes early in the game and getting behind in the count, then having to go after pitcher's pitches.  May need to start attacking early and forget about driving up pitch counts for a while.

Agree that Youk looks like a liability right now, especially in the 4/5 spot.  He needs to hit, be moved down in the order, or sit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Hey, at least they didn't blow the save.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

So maybe the problem wasn't Terry Francona.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

So maybe the problem wasn't Terry Francona.
    Posted by LloydDobler
    8 and 25 in the last 33 hard to be that bad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

Have not won back to back games since last aug. That's even harder to do then 8-25.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

did anyone really think our team improved from last year? im pretty sure TB, NY, Tex, LAA did... but we  just kept our best fielding and hitting prospects at AAA to maximize contract leverage.... thats all you have to know about this management... we should have gotten rid of youk, beckett, and not resigned papi....instead we got rid of paps and marco.... i bet Tito feels like he got out of Dodge at the right time...
    Posted by georom4

100% agreement. Especially with getting rid of beckett, youk and add lackey(somehow). Huge agreement with should not have resigned Papi. Way too much money, with others that could have filled that role nicely for less. Scutaro should have been kept. He was a gamer. Not the best fielder, but he had many clutch hits. Paps is the tough one. He did not want to stay, so keeping him may not have been an option.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Bingo!

Sections
Shortcuts