Nice job offense....real nice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Nice job offense....real nice

People who say, "our hitting will be in the top 10 of MLB in runs scored," cearly don't watch the games. Since about 2009 this team has been awful when it comes to scoring runs to tie the game or go ahead. This team is so notorious for putting together all its runs scored in blowouts. This team is talented, but when the going get's tough..... the Sox don't score.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

People who say, "our hitting will be in the top 10 of MLB in runs scored," cearly don't watch the games. Since about 2009 this team has been awful when it comes to scoring runs to tie the game or go ahead. This team is so notorious for putting together all its runs scored in blowouts. This team is talented, but when the going get's tough..... the Sox don't score.

100% correct!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

It's actually 100% incorrect. I never said when during the games runs would be scored, or whether or not the runs scored would be less than the other teams, just that we would be a top 10 MLB team in runs scored. In spite of the slow start, I stand comfortably behind my prediction. Crawford needs to stop his stupid 1 armed training methods and get his butt back to the line up ASAP. Youk needs to remember who he is, a talented slugger, and stop the petty squabbling. As a team we need to learn to work the count in our favor better, and stop the overly predictable pitch count raising formula. If a team has a weak or injured bullpen, then getting past the starter is a no brainer. But we do it equally without regard to opponant, and that's just lazy and dumb. Sometimes jumping on the 1st pitch is the crafty move, not getting a called 3rd strike and walking smugly back to the dugout because you had a 7 pitch at bat. Bobby V. has a lot of work ahead with this team, but I think the pitching staff will really have to wait for next season. Let's see how Dice K looks in 6 weeks. If he can replace Bard and Bard return to the pen in June, I'll sing a different tune.   

In Response to Re: Nice job offense....real nice:
    [QUOTE]People who say, "our hitting will be in the top 10 of MLB in runs scored," cearly don't watch the games. Since about 2009 this team has been awful when it comes to scoring runs to tie the game or go ahead. This team is so notorious for putting together all its runs scored in blowouts. This team is talented, but when the going get's tough..... the Sox don't score. 100% correct!
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i wouldnt be so confident that the sox will be a top 10 offensive team this year. youk is really not looking good and thats a huge problem. he was expected to be a major contributer on offense but so far has looked lost. we are getting nothing from salty,ross, and aviles. this team needs help before it continues to get worse. we have the rays,rangers, and yankees coming up. this could get ugly real fast.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i think the sox will regret not go after prince fielder. This team has not been the same since manny left. Pitchers fear our line up especially the 3/4 of manny and papi. We have one half of that in agonz but we need the other. a prince/agonz 3/4 would have struck fear into the hearts of opposing pitchers. and think about it, ortiz got 14.6 mill, prince got what 21/22 mill? its sad to think that for 6.5/7.5 mill more we could have had the best 3/4 combo in baseball. now we have a 36 yr old dh coming to the end of his career and a 33 3rd baseman who couldnt hit a beachball.