Nice Try Jed Lowrie!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Re: Nice Try Jed Lowrie!

In Response to Re: Nice Try Jed Lowrie!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice Try Jed Lowrie! : Thanks Los .....Going to either game this week????
    Posted by rsinsider[/QUOTE]

I'm going to miss them this time around because I have engagements both nights.  That's it for the season, in Oakland anyway, unless I catch them elsewhere on the road.  

How about you?  I'd imagine it would be hard to get away from a newborn baby.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Is anyone else appreciating the true irony of Softy's debate?  He doesn't want someone who he labels a utility IF to have a shot at starting..... over someone who spent the vast majority of his career as a utility IF / fill-in...... priceless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

@JB-3:  Yes, that is truly moronic ... I mean ironic.

Also, nice post on career splits.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]@JB-3:  Yes, that is truly moronic ... I mean ironic. Also, nice post on career splits.
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I actually had to do work to get the Lowrie numbers.  I was pleasantly surprised that Jed came out ahead against RHP's even with his injured 2008.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

This thread is a great example of how one-game judgmental thinking can bite one in the a-s-s.

Nice job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Lowrie is amazing right now. 

Who would imagine that his batting average being 200 points higher than Boston's winning percentage?  lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

Lowrie's offense is going to come down to earth at some point but his hitting has started to turn this lineup's overall output around and for that he deserves a great deal of credit!  At the end of this season I expect a line similar to this:

.284    18      80      .380/.480/.860

Marco Scutaro is a nice player but his offense is not close to this type of output.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Calling me "softy" is about as bad as calling Katz "slav". If you don't know what Lowrie can do as an everyday SS by now, and what the 2011 team needs and future SS needs are, you must be Theo.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

The chances of your opinions being identical to Softy's opinions are about -0-.

Then there is the issue of writing forensics.  Your style is identical to Softlaw's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The chances of your opinions being identical to Softy's opinions are about -0-.

If the opinions were mainstream or reasonable, the chances might be a bit higher than zero, but for two people to hold the exact same outlandish, foolish, hypocratic, and absurd positions is certainly zero.

Then there is the issue of writing forensics.  Your style is identical to Softlaw's

It must be killing him to not be able to say "Jake".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

JAKE!!!

DRIVEL!!!

I suppose I owe him that much.   Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

JED

SWIVEL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice Try Jed Lowrie! : I'm going to miss them this time around because I have engagements both nights.  That's it for the season, in Oakland anyway, unless I catch them elsewhere on the road.   How about you?  I'd imagine it would be hard to get away from a newborn baby.
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]
    Im going on Wens........wanted to catch tomorrows game also but it is hard with the addition of the good luck charm!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice Try Jed Lowrie! : Denying you're "Softy" is about as bad as suggesting that Lowrie be traded prior to this season. 
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]

hahaha

The man is shameless, his life is so empty it revolves around a baseball forum (that he is reviled and hated on) that he has to come back under a fake name upon being banned for the umpteenth time, just to continue his petty little attacks on red sox players and fights with faceless internet bloggers

BaseballGM = Softlaw and nobody can say otherwise

How is that "trade Jed Lowrie" thing working out Softy?

How about your "Ellsbury MUST be in package for AGon and we can extend him at 5 years 80 million"?

hahaha

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He starts a thread on a one-game sample.
    He blames Lowrie for "pulling" a homerun, which was hit right-handed.
    Then Lowrie almost single-handedly beats Toronto. He ropes the ultimate game winner to the opposite field with the bases plugged and two out, after the team had 1st/3rd - none out early on, when momentum could have shifted. Hitting right-handed of course.

Lowrie scolds the ball all day, "pulling" his 4th dinger, also hitting right-handed, and this clown credits the wind. No credit to Lowrie - and yet he says I am the one with the "chip bleeding through".

Gee. If only I had his "social graces".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I like Lowrie, but IMO I don't think he'll be at SS much longer; Iglesias will push him out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Just curious ram but after your hiatus I see you return and still spend 100% of your posts on attacking a certain poster...... is it that important?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

steven, if the Red Sox know what they are doing, you will be correct.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think you are post hoc rationalizing at one snap shot date in time, ignoring the big picture...

How is looking at a small sample size of a player with barely over 600 PAs in MLB that have been spread and fractured overseveral seasons that include playing through and with a injury for a good part of those few total PAs seeing th "big picture"?

There are countless players that has worse initial 600 PAs and turned into great players. Isn't that part of seeing the "big picture"? To totally discount the possibility that Lowrie can improve on small sample size numbers is being narrow-minded.

Lowrie does have poor range, even though the range factor numbers do not support this. I am a big fan of wide-ranging SSs, but I recognize that there is a good chance that Lowrie could be a top 3/4 hitting SS in MLB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

If Scutaro has better range than Lowrie, it doesn't seem to equate to effectiveness.
    Scut is erratic, especially in critical situations. Lowrie is more sure-handed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]I like Lowrie, but IMO I don't think he'll be at SS much longer; Iglesias will push him out.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I've been a proponent of his talent and of trading him.  Unless Youk or Pedroia get hurt, it'll be Lowrie or Iglesias, and the loser almost has to get traded.

Off course, there's a canyon-sized difference between this and the poster formerly known as Softlaw.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Lowrie had better command a nice player in return.
    His depth to this team can not be understated.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Big hit in the 6th inning by Lowrie, a solid stroke from the left side.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Just on....   Probably been covered, but...........

Lowrie:  Key hit,  RUN scored

Scutaro:  0 - 4.......  5 LOB

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

SoftGM must be really bummed about tonight's game, Lowrie and Ellsbury both making big contributions to a key win. We definitely need to end the Lowrie experiment!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Poor  Lowrie, 1-5 and .200 from the left side. Made an easy out in a key spot, late, which ended up taxing the pen. Was bouncing the ball with the slow release and weak arm. The goatie beard needs to go.

Scutaro made some terrifc plays at SS. Came in off the bench, cold, but a guy who can play a full season. Lowrie always looks tired.