Re: Nice Young Rotations

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I would, if you'd let me.

Surprised

LAUGH!!  Good answer!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

your turning green moon.

with the pitching talent we have in the minors we could potentially have a young rotation like that in just a few years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

but see thats just it, we wont cuz by the time the sox actually call up webster and then eventually barnes and de la rosa (assuming neither of those 2 is traded) lester will be over 30, buch will be right around 30 and doubront will be 27/28. We are wasting 2 spots right now on lackey and dempster. lackey we were already stuck with but dempster we wasted 30 mill on. what happens if webster dominates AAA and then we have no spot open? same goes for barnes. we have dempster and lackey for 2 years. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

but see thats just it, we wont cuz by the time the sox actually call up webster and then eventually barnes and de la rosa (assuming neither of those 2 is traded) lester will be over 30, buch will be right around 30 and doubront will be 27/28. We are wasting 2 spots right now on lackey and dempster. lackey we were already stuck with but dempster we wasted 30 mill on. what happens if webster dominates AAA and then we have no spot open? same goes for barnes. we have dempster and lackey for 2 years. 

that's why i said in a few years...... Lesters contract runs out in 2 years same with buch, Dempster, Lackey (not with the bonus year). You can always deal away anyone who is "blocking" our young pitching prospects when their time comes. Every team is always looking for extra pitching, that is a fact. Your making a mountain out of a molehill IMO. By the time Barnes, RDLR, Webster and the other pitching farmhands are ready most of our current rotation will be out the door (pending a resign of Buch/Lester. which i'm OK with FTR) and if they are ready earlier than expected then it's a minor inconvenience to make a trade and clear out room in the rotation.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Tim Wakefield

It's been a long time since you've called Tim by his right name--thank you Softy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Whats wrong with having a good veteran pitcher on the staff? What if Lester is dealing at 32? How ablout Buch. They dont ALL have to be 26 to be good. A good mix is always the best way to go unless your a team like the A's and cant afford it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Whats wrong with having a good veteran pitcher on the staff? What if Lester is dealing at 32? How ablout Buch. They dont ALL have to be 26 to be good. A good mix is always the best way to go unless your a team like the A's and cant afford it.

True, but all things being equal, I'll take 24-27 and great vs 29-31 and great.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im not saying your wrong. I hear ya. Youth is good. Its just my personal preference to have a solid vet on the team for the young guys. Thats why Im a fan of Dempster (maybe not the age so much) But hes good for the young guys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Last year, the A's won the AL West with four rookie starters.  They now have a year of MLB experience.  

I think the A's have the best starting rotation in the AL which is why I picked them (before the season started) to win the AL West again.  

But Boston has the best one-two punch (Lester, Buccholz).   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Webster was cruising last night before the game was suspended.  not allowed a run yet.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

The Red Sox.

Lester <30

Buchholz < 30

Webster < 30

Doubront < 30

Dempster - 37, but still getting swings and misses.

I just wish we'd cut the crap with this Aceves on teh mound thing and put Webster in there.  The guy was Olney's pick for ROY

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Im not saying your wrong. I hear ya. Youth is good. Its just my personal preference to have a solid vet on the team for the young guys. Thats why Im a fan of Dempster (maybe not the age so much) But hes good for the young guys.

I don't disagree on having at least one solid vet in the rotation, especially come playoff time, but I'm not with you on Dempster as that choice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

The Red Sox.

Lester <30

Buchholz < 30

Webster < 30

Doubront < 30

Dempster - 37, but still getting swings and misses.

I just wish we'd cut the crap with this Aceves on teh mound thing and put Webster in there.  The guy was Olney's pick for ROY

Yes, and Aceves has struggled as a starter.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I am also a fan of having Dempster on the team. Just not our team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I'd take the '29-31 and great'

not only are they more pitching savvy

odds favor they already had their  TJ surgery

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

I'd take the '29-31 and great'

not only are they more pitching savvy

odds favor they already had their  TJ surgery

...and will be a FA in 1-2 years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

TORONTO!

Josh Johnson--11.05---2.73
    R.A. Dickey--8.44---1.97
    Mark Buehrle--10.24---1.76
    Brandon Morrow--5.59---1.97

Oh, you meant BEST young staff.

I might throw Texas into the mix since they have to pitch in a hitters park. And all 5 starters are in their 20's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I am also a fan of having Dempster on the team. Just not our team.

Lol...yeah, I know your not a fan PG. I think hes looked pretty good so far. Some bad luck with the 2 errors. Lots of swing and misses.

Sections
Shortcuts