Nick C reporting a trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Nick C reporting a trade

Peavy About to be traded according to Bruce Levine at Espn Chicago. Asked Red Sox if it was them and they said no. It's also not the O's

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Re: Nick C reporting a trade

Looks like Oakland

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Sox better do something. They stand pat, I dont think theyll make it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Hope they get someone old, prone to injuries mutley.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

So the team that's had the best record in baseball for most of the year isn't going to make it. Clearly these players seem to disagree with you. They don't need a major move just some more bp help.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry that seems to be the job of the Yankees Tongue Out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I hope the Sox stand pat.  I still think they have enough to win if they get hot and look forward to the whole organization building a youthful powerhouse 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FL33178. Show FL33178's posts

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duffie33. Show Duffie33's posts

Don't make a Larry Anderson trade just for the sake of making a move - it has to be the right move and there doesnt seem to be one out there where the other team isnt asking for the moon from the Sox 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Duffie33's comment:

Don't make a Larry Anderson trade just for the sake of making a move - it has to be the right move and there doesnt seem to be one out there where the other team isnt asking for the moon from the Sox 

I'm sure the sox will try and trade their prospects who will bust for an aging player who will still perform for a few more years.  That was sarcasm.  Prospects are like high probability lottery tickets, and you don't exactly know which ones will it...

The best way to not trade away the next Bagwell......is to not make a trade.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I miss Wilton Veras.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, if they do we know they'll be ringing up Cashman for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Its Oakland, since Colon is going down. Also the reason Texas is looking for a bat. Because of Cruz also going down with a suspension.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

people have said Gorman had no idea who Bagwell was and because Baggs ranked 3rd on the 3B depth chart he assumed he was 3rd best. People who watched Bagwell (Red Sox minor league staff) new better.

I think today the GM is overly-informed. 

Bagwell was a beast. Terrorized NL West teams for years. When I was a teenager there was no one who scared me more. Seemed like he atomized the ball when he hit it, and it always went at least 500 feet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Its Oakland, since Colon is going down. Also the reason Texas is looking for a bat. Because of Cruz also going down with a suspension.

Haha, very insightful post SP, I have little doubt youre exactly right. In other words, those teams have to make those moves just to tread water. Too bad for them.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I don't mind if they do nothing. Honestly I had low expectations going into this season and they exceeded those expectations this time. This team will still have a chance if they stand pat, it's just a matter of getting hot at the right time. No sense in sacrificing the future, the asking price for players is way too high this year. It's too bad Brentz went down with an injury as he would have made a good trade chip. Only if the deal is right will the Sox make a move, but chances re the deal will not be right.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

people have said Gorman had no idea who Bagwell was and because Baggs ranked 3rd on the 3B depth chart he assumed he was 3rd best. People who watched Bagwell (Red Sox minor league staff) new better.

I think today the GM is overly-informed. 

Lou Gorman was an excellent GM and an excellent baseball man. I'm sure he knew who Bagwell was. He was rated (in retrospect wrongly) behind Scott Cooper who was already at 3B. He just missed on it. It happens.

It's always a gamble. He made a good move IMO when he traded Brady Anderson and Curt Schilling for Mike Boddicker. It took years for either of them to do anything in the majors, and Boddicker was key for two AL East-winning teams. Schilling went on to be Schilling, but that wasn't even with Baltimore.

It's always a gamble when prospects are traded. You're trading future gratification for immediate gratification.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The very fact that you said 'do something' means there are no obvious moves.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm sure the sox will try and trade their prospects who will bust for an aging player who will still perform for a few more years.  That was sarcasm.  Prospects are like high probability lottery tickets, and you don't exactly know which ones will it...

[/QUOTE]

Just because some past trades turned sour, does not mean one should never trade a prospect again.

We traded prospects for Schilling.

Prospects for many helpful players.

I'm not for trading good prospects for 2 month rentals or injury prone players, but not all our prospects are Bagwells.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just because some past trades turned sour, does not mean one should never trade a prospect again.

I'm not for trading good prospects for 2 month rentals or injury prone players, but not all our prospects are Bagwells.

[/QUOTE]

Moon I agree, sometimes trades aren't always lopsided and sometimes someone gets the better side of it.  A better point to make is you just don't know.  No one knew Jeff Bagwell would be who he was.  From my observations in recent years it seems as though the selling team has by far walked away winners....but I guess that's the way it goes because after all how many teams pay that extra premium for a chance to win when only one of them can win?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

There is an obvious weakness that needs fixing: the bullpen, which ranks 10th in the AL and which has lost three members for the season. Tazawa cannot continue to pitch at this rate. He is already showing signs of fatigue. Crain or Hochevar would fit the bill-assuming Crain is able to pitch again sometime soon.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Moon I agree, sometimes trades aren't always lopsided and sometimes someone gets the better side of it.  A better point to make is you just don't know.  No one knew Jeff Bagwell would be who he was.  From my observations in recent years it seems as though the selling team has by far walked away winners....but I guess that's the way it goes because after all how many teams pay that extra premium for a chance to win when only one of them can win?

[/QUOTE]

I get your point. Trading any prospect is a gamble by both sides to some extent. We've been burned a few times with past GMs. 

We have some nice prospects, and it is natural for us to want to see them all reach their potential or fear losing another Bagwell.

It is true: we don't know who the next Bagwell may be, but we also don't know who the next Lars Anderson may be.

Again, I am not for trading top prospects willy nilly. If I am to want to trade any good prospects, it would have to be for a solid proven player with several years of team control, an equal player but at a position of high need,  or a better prospect (as in trading quantity for better quality).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

There is an obvious weakness that needs fixing: the bullpen, which ranks 10th in the AL and which has lost three members for the season. Tazawa cannot continue to pitch at this rate. He is already showing signs of fatigue. Crain or Hochevar would fit the bill-assuming Crain is able to pitch again sometime soon.

Agreed. Saw that previous post and was scratching my head over it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

Haha, very insightful post SP, I have little doubt youre exactly right. In other words, those teams have to make those moves just to tread water. Too bad for them.....

[/QUOTE]

Could be Atlanta too I guess. But I think with oakland losing their best pitcher, the desperation is a bit worse in Northern California.

Sections
Shortcuts