Nick Cafardo licking Softy's boots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Nick Cafardo licking Softy's boots

In a recent mail bag, the following question was asked:

Please help settle an argument that has been going on. Even with all of Ellsbury's heroics and wonderful season, if you were the Sox GM and Seattle called and offered you Felix Hernadez for Ellsbury and a prospect would you do it?

And Nick Cafardo's response was:   "Yes, yes, yes."

Now if that’s not boot-licking, I don’t know what is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from softybabe. Show softybabe's posts

Re: Nick Cafardo licking Softy's boots

It's the strong intellectual minds alone...that agree with me. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm a huge Ellsbury fan, but can't see where Cafardo is being unreasonable.  Hernandez is an established ace, period.  Jake could well be a superstar, but he needs to have more than one great season for that to be fact. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from softybabe. Show softybabe's posts

Ellsbury is over rated.....time to sell high and package him up with some prospects for a right handed outfielder, like Ryan Bruan....or.....Matt Kemp.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

ellsbury picked off in critical juncture, bailed out by non-MVP Ortiz who has a higher OBP, RBIs hr, SLG. Ellsbury is way more popular than Ortiz, which should tell you that MVP talk is delusional.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Well, Mr. Softy, I would trade Els for King Felix in a heartbeat.   Plus the prospect.  But not sure Seattle would go for it.  Pitching is worth more than position players.   Always.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Thats funny.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Ellsbury is more popular than Ortiz?

Gee, I have to check on the link I clicked to get here. I didn't know I clicked on a fiction writing link.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

In Response to Re: Nick Cafardo licking Softy's boots:
    [QUOTE]Well, Mr. Softy, I would trade Els for King Felix in a heartbeat.   Plus the prospect.  But not sure Seattle would go for it.  Pitching is worth more than position players.   Always.  
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Hmm Ask the Angels how that great pitching is going ( Not that I disagree with you) if you dont score runs you dont win, Ask Seattle if you dont believe me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Only a Black guy Yankee killer with a higher OBP and OPS than "leading MVP candidate" Ellsbury could be less popular in bigoted Boston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

softy, I'd advise you to actually go out to a game at Fenway and see the routine ovations that Ortiz receives.  He's still the #1 most beloved figure in Red Sox land. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Ellsbury is over rated.....time to sell high and package him up with some prospects for a right handed outfielder, like Ryan Bruan....or.....Matt Kemp.
    Posted by softybabe[/QUOTE]

And why would the Brewers ever trade Braun, one of the best three players in all of baseball? He's signed for something like 9 more years and he's one of the top candidates for NL MVP.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Ellsbury is over rated.....time to sell high and package him up with some prospects for a right handed outfielder, like Ryan Bruan....or.....Matt Kemp.

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

The man was already told blow by blow why the dodgers are not trading Kemp for ellsbury.

Now we are going to toss in some unnamed prospects and pry Braun away from the Brewers?

The guy is 2 months younger than Ells, with 5 great seasons instead of 1 and a VERY fair and VERY long term extension wrapped up thru 2021.

hahhaahaha

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

He's still the #1 most beloved figure in Red Sox land.

This board wants him low balled at the end of the season because Of "DH low market". This board and most Boston fans and media are drunkenly smitten with a "MVP candidate" who has a lower OBP and OPS than Ortiz. No, Ortiz is not even in the top 3 in Red Sox cult heroes.

The day he becomes a FA, he should call Cashman and send a message to Theo and bigoted Boston who would rather resign 5 plus for 2 years ERA Wakefield and 40 year old Varitek becuase they have such "great value and great team leaders".

Ortiz is the team leader and should be the captain. When he goes, Pedroia should be the team Captain. Varitek is a joke!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Ellsbury more of a cult hero than Ortiz?  No.
    Leading mvp candidate?  No.
    Pay Ortiz?  Yes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Fangraphs: http://www.fangraphs.com/

Ellsbury - 26.4 million in performance, making 2.4 milion

David Ortiz - 12.4 million in performance, making 12.5 million

Jason Varitek 2.8 million in performance, making 2 million

National writers and unbiased baseball minds are talking of Ells in an MVP debate... Ortiz wasn't an MVP when he hit 54 HR's in '06 or hit .332/.445/.621 in '07... he's not even in the discussion this year.

I love Big Papi, he is my favorite player on the Red Sox... but only a very ignorant person with zero baseball intelligence can claim that our DH is having a better season than our CFer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

Softy, "this board" is makes up roughly .00000001% of Red Sox Nation.  Let's face it, we're nothing more than a bunch of sports nerds entertaining ourselves with idle chatter on the Internet and no one outside of our little circle give a rat's about.  Who cares what "this board" thinks at all.  David Ortiz is, by far, the most beloved member of the team.  By far.  Theo looks for, nor receives any "messages" from "this board" regarding Ortiz, Wakefield, Varitek or any other player or staff.  Thank God he doesn't.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

For the record, I would trade Ells for Hernandez, I'd resign Papi at 2 years for $16 mil, and re-up both Wake and V-Tek for the same $$.  Are you getting all of this THEO????/???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

ellsbury is underrated by you and only you!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Softy, "this board" is makes up roughly .00000001% of Red Sox Nation.  Let's face it, we're nothing more than a bunch of sports nerds entertaining ourselves with idle chatter on the Internet and no one outside of our little circle give a rat's about.  Who cares what "this board" thinks at all.  David Ortiz is, by far, the most beloved member of the team.  By far.  Theo looks for, nor receives any "messages" from "this board" regarding Ortiz, Wakefield, Varitek or any other player or staff.  Thank God he doesn't.   
    Posted by saxydogg77[/QUOTE]

Post of the day!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]Only a Black guy Yankee killer with a higher OBP and OPS than "leading MVP candidate" Ellsbury could be less popular in bigoted Boston.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

ortiz is the most popular redsox.you belong in a rubber room.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]He's still the #1 most beloved figure in Red Sox land. This board wants him low balled at the end of the season because Of "DH low market". This board and most Boston fans and media are drunkenly smitten with a "MVP candidate" who has a lower OBP and OPS than Ortiz. No, Ortiz is not even in the top 3 in Red Sox cult heroes. The day he becomes a FA, he should call Cashman and send a message to Theo and bigoted Boston who would rather resign 5 plus for 2 years ERA Wakefield and 40 year old Varitek becuase they have such "great value and great team leaders". Ortiz is the team leader and should be the captain. When he goes, Pedroia should be the team Captain. Varitek is a joke!
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]
    how many DH players have won the MVP?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

The point isn't Ortiz should win the MVP. He shouldn't. The point is that it's absurd for a leadoff hitter with a lower OBP and lower OPS than Ortiz is somehow "an MVP candidate". Complete bigotry!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Pure unitelligent drivel

the man has no clue about the sport

the value of a leadoff hitter going for .320/.380/.520/.900 with 25 HR's 90 RBI 45 steals and 120 runs is

WAY WAY WAY

more valuable

then the 5 hitting DH going for .290/.390/.560/.950 with 30 HR's, 105 RBI's, 2 steals and 80 runs

especially when one guy fields and the other does not

Again, fangraphs has Ellsbury worth 26.4 million and Ortiz 12.4 million... it is not even close

Ortiz can claim to be 'close' to the performance/impact on this club that Youk is giving (16.8 million fangraphs)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

fangraphs - wrong

Softy - right

hahahaha

and I was here in 2010, however my wedding, honeymoon and the Sox not making the playoffs kept my visits shorter than 07-09.

hate-filled softlaw, always good for a pity laugh, the real fans here know how wrong he always is and that he epitomizes negative sad loser