Nick Cafardo says Red Sox fans have become apathetic.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Nick Cafardo says Red Sox fans have become apathetic.

On MLB Radio this morning he was interviewed and was asked if the Nation was sensing doom? Cafardo stated that they were becoming apathetic based on the fact that recently there were empty seats at Fenway.

As a Red Sox fan, where is your attitude regarding the State of the Red Sox today?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Nick Cafardo says Red Sox fans have become apathetic.

well its hard to be positive watching this team, its one thing to go in a slump like this, but its a whole other thing when they are self imploding with dumb mistakes every game...trying to steam third with two outs...ending the game on a stolen base by a guy who has no business running in that situation, lackey not being able to cover the 1st base bag...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

I'll admit it. I'm apathetic. I don't care anymore. It's football season. Baseball season is way too long. MLB really needs to rethink their whole business model.  Baseball needs to wrap up their season in August with the Playoffs in September. Then maybe they can steal some of the spotlight from the NFL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

fans takin a cue from the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The apathy the Red Sox display on the field is contagious.  Fans see we have lost our way and apathy is the result.  Throw out the Yankee model.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'd be willing to bet that the fans that were enthusiastic before the slump are still enthusiastic.  The average fane less so.  The fans that only follow us when we're winning even less so.

It's not a value judgement.  Some people are more fanatical, some less so.  Some people never get anxious, some panic easier.  Same in most areas of life.

I'd love to buy playoff tickets, but I doubt there are any for sale.  There's a lesson there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

Wow! You guys and my Braves are having a very similar September... yet we are still gonna make the playoffs (Sox play Baltimore 7 times while the Rays get the Evil Empire the same amount) You Gotta believe!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Nick Cafardo says Red Sox fans have become apathetic.:
    Posted by 86redsox

Bingo!

If they don't care, I don't care.  And right now, they simply do not care.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ct-pitcher. Show ct-pitcher's posts

In Response to Nick Cafardo says Red Sox fans have become apathetic.:
    On MLB Radio this morning he was interviewed and was asked if the Nation was sensing doom? Cafardo stated that they were becoming apathetic based on the fact that recently there were empty seats at Fenway. As a Red Sox fan, where is your attitude regarding the State of the Red Sox today?
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

This is a video of a young Cafardo, then known as "Mr. Dorfman," being admonished by his college Dean.

http://youtu.be/u1hnwvWhbJw

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

Posted by 86redsox

Absolutely, this team has not played with any sense of urgency for most of the year. And quite simply the Rays are better than us and have kicked our butts. Over-rated, Overpaid, Overhyped & Underachieving 2011

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

The apathy the Red Sox display on the field is contagious.  Fans see we have lost our way and apathy is the result.  Throw out the Yankee model.
    Posted by concord27

Football is refreshing after watching all the losing games the Sox have played

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

In Response to Re: Nick Cafardo says Red Sox fans have become apathetic. : Absolutely, this team has not played with any sense of urgency for most of the year. And quite simply the Rays are better than us and have kicked our butts. Over-rated, Overpaid, Overhyped & Underachieving 2011
    Posted by njalb

you are so right

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

It's far past the time to start pulling out ALL THE STOPS to get a win!!!  Instead, EVERY NIGHT we get the same story.  Keep hanging with the starting pitcher, long past the point of no return.  I realize our options are limited, but it is time to start making some panic moves!  We need to play to win, & Tito is simply not doing everything in his power to get the job done. 

Case in point.....  Wake!  I love the guy, but there absolutely needs to be somebody waiting in the wings, in the event of a LIKELY early crash & burn.  I don't give a damn who, but there needs to be somebody ready.  Unfortunately, I could say the same for starts by Lackey, Weiland, Miller, etc.  

On the flip side....... How about the boys getting things rolling with the bats early????   What the hell is wrong with this team?

Cafardo is right!  The team seems apathetic & lethargic!  Fans can't keep up the RAH RAH......   when there is absolutely NOTHING TO RA about in the first place!

Still hanging onto hope!   & PRAYER!!!

Sections
Shortcuts