Nick Cafardo shouldn't be allowed to talk about baseball, Michael Holley shouldn't be allowed to talk about sports in general

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Nick Cafardo shouldn't be allowed to talk about baseball, Michael Holley shouldn't be allowed to talk about sports in general

These two are awful.  Nick Cafardo just recylces other people's thoughts and stories and he acts like he's this gifted sportswriter.

Michael Holley is just annoying and brings nothing to the table.  He has no insightful thoughts and makes no good points.  How does this guy even have a radio show?

Thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Nick Cafardo shouldn't be allowed to talk about baseball, Michael Holley shouldn't be allowed to talk about sports in gen...

Cafardo is one of the best baseball reporters in town and Holley is by far the best person on either of the Boston sports talk stations.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Re: Nick Cafardo shouldn't be allowed to talk about baseball, Michael Holley shouldn't be allowed to talk about sports in gen...

Merloni is the one who I don't get. Someone needs to remind him that he was a "local boy" fan favorite and not a star player. Listening to the "baseball show" and man, they say Schilling is arrogant? He's very condescending to both the panel and the callers. Schilling actually WON. WHat did Merloni do to be allowed this arrogance?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Merloni got to hang out with Nomar and bag the chicks he threw back into the ocean.  And now, he's making some nice dough on radio/tv.  He's got quite the life but he wasn't even in Randy Kutcher's league as a player......

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomp4. Show boomp4's posts

In Response to Re: Nick Cafardo shouldn't be allowed to talk about baseball, Michael Holley shouldn't be allowed to talk about sports in general:
    You can't read Nick Cafardo's Sunday Note Column for free; they are now charging. I used to enjoy reading it. Peter Gammons is the first one to start it.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

No Larry Claflin was the first and he did it daily or atleast a few times a week - Thoughts While Shaving - it was good, but short. Anyone remember?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Nick Cafardo shouldn't be allowed to talk about baseball, Michael Holley shouldn't be allowed to talk about sports in general:
    These two are awful.  Nick Cafardo just recylces other people's thoughts and stories and he acts like he's this gifted sportswriter. Michael Holley is just annoying and brings nothing to the table.  He has no insightful thoughts and makes no good points.  How does this guy even have a radio show? Thoughts?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

Maybe you can replace them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Cafardo is one of the best baseball reporters around. You don't get to be the national baseball writer for the Boston Globe by being a stiff. Maybe it's others who are recycling is stuff.

As for Holley, he was a decent reporter and columnist in the past. I'm not big fan of his as a talk show host, but others like him. Big deal.

As for Merloni, who was mentioned. I don't get the criticism. Just because he was a utility IF, that means he can't have a radio show and be on TV. He's down to earth, isn't shrill like some other popular hosts and keeps a perspective. I don't always agree.

And here's where we are as a society today. Someone expresses their opinion in a confident manner and they're described as arrogant. He might be condescending to some callers, but they deserve it. The idiocy of some of the callers is beyond comprehension.

The more I listen to talk radio (or The Baseball Show) and read this board, I've come to the conclusion that if Red Sox fans are supposed to be among the most knowledgeable fans, then the bar must be set pretty low. I'd hate to see the dumbest fans.

And if someone wants to call me arrogant for having this opinion, I'll wear that description as a badge of honor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Nick Cafardo shouldn't be allowed to talk about baseball, Michael Holley shouldn't be allowed to talk about sports in general:
    These two are awful.  Nick Cafardo just recylces other people's thoughts and stories and he acts like he's this gifted sportswriter. Michael Holley is just annoying and brings nothing to the table.  He has no insightful thoughts and makes no good points.  How does this guy even have a radio show? Thoughts?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

I can't speak about Holley .... never hear WEEI.

However, I have enjoyed Cafardo on several different occasions.  If he isn't the back-stabbing CHB, so what? Mazz used to be reasonable but is casting himself as another CHB-esque doodah.  He isn't completely as far gone as CHB but it's too bad he's finding mid-life a souring experience.

I haven't had time to read much lately, but these are my thoughts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Nick Cafardo shouldn't be allowed to talk about baseball, Michael Holley shouldn't be allowed to talk about sports in general:
    In Response to Re: Nick Cafardo shouldn't be allowed to talk about baseball, Michael Holley shouldn't be allowed to talk about sports in general : No Larry Claflin was the first and he did it daily or atleast a few times a week - Thoughts While Shaving - it was good, but short. Anyone remember?
    Posted by boomp4

I believe it was Ernie Roberts who did the "Thoughts While Shaving" column, back in the seventies. He lived nearby, in Hanover, N.H.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm not sure if they paid me, I'd read it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

As for anyone like Merloni having an undeserved attitude. ... please tell me what some of our posters here have accomplished to have their boorish attitudes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

Cafardo is one of the best baseball reporters around. You don't get to be the national baseball writer for the Boston Globe by being a stiff. Maybe it's others who are recycling is stuff. As for Holley, he was a decent reporter and columnist in the past. I'm not big fan of his as a talk show host, but others like him. Big deal. As for Merloni, who was mentioned. I don't get the criticism. Just because he was a utility IF, that means he can't have a radio show and be on TV. He's down to earth, isn't shrill like some other popular hosts and keeps a perspective. I don't always agree. And here's where we are as a society today. Someone expresses their opinion in a confident manner and they're described as arrogant. He might be condescending to some callers, but they deserve it. The idiocy of some of the callers is beyond comprehension. The more I listen to talk radio (or The Baseball Show) and read this board, I've come to the conclusion that if Red Sox fans are supposed to be among the most knowledgeable fans, then the bar must be set pretty low. I'd hate to see the dumbest fans. And if someone wants to call me arrogant for having this opinion, I'll wear that description as a badge of honor.
    Posted by royf19
     You will probably find that anyone criticizing Cafardo does so because Cafardo will compliment players on opposing teams (like A-Rod) and those people can't stand that. Cafardo even spoke of the venomous responses fron RSN he got for writing  that. Said A-Rod was a great teammate(which his teammates confirm), etc., but these fans know better. I think Cafardo is excellent because of that. Not a homer.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts