Nick Cafardo - solid sportswriter or silly season cheerleader?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Nick Cafardo - solid sportswriter or silly season cheerleader?

Nick Cafardo is just a writer.  Cafardo would not last a week as Red Sox manager. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

And he's different than all the posters on this board how?

It's his opinion. Big deal. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Nick has been around a long time, and this article is just plain horsehockey.  I think he was just using it to blame Scutaro and cover for Lackey. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Nick Cafardo - solid sportswriter or silly season cheerleader?:
    [QUOTE]Cafardo's piece about acquiring Jose Reyes is (in my opinion) surprising, to say the least. Reyes has had injury and commitment issues and would demand an absurd payday in return for virtually every good prospect the Red Sox have. And you don't have to look any further than tonight's opponent to see what can be done without holding hands with Scott Boras. The Rays remain competitive with good young players they develop while the Crawfords and Penas get their big contracts somewhere else. Maybe Iglesias isn't the future at shortstop, but I don't think Jose Reyes is, either.
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

Cafardo like Rosenthal are just writers trying to get attention.  Neither have ever been very accuarate on any of their proposed trades and they have had a ton.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Cafardo think's he's a baseball guru.  Just the way he speaks is really annoying because he doesn't really bring much to the table. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I think he's fairly solid.

At least he isn't the always on the attack or dreaming up stupid, devisive possibilities with intent to stir the waters.

I don't agree with him this time, but that's a considerably better thing to say than with CHB, for instance.  I don't even waste my time with his negativity any more. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Nick Cafardo - solid sportswriter or silly season cheerleader?:
    [QUOTE]People on this site are better than he is.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Some give you that impression, don't they?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I read only a few of the nation's regional baseball writers on a regular basis, but Nick Cafardo is one of them. I don't always agree with his analysis, but Cafardo covers a lot of ground.