Nick Cafardo:It's time to blow up Red Sox roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

Re: Nick Cafardo:It's time to blow up Red Sox roster

The thing to blow up is the scouting system or whoever is in charge of evaluating "talent". I'm not a baseball professional, and neither are the others on these boards. We can moan and call for ridiculous trades but we don't get paid for it. There are people in the front office and organization that do. They are responsible for the lousy acquisitions. Tick, tick...boom.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Nick Cafardo:It's time to blow up Red Sox roster:
    [QUOTE]The thing to blow up is the scouting system or whoever is in charge of evaluating "talent". I'm not a baseball professional, and neither are the others on these boards. We can moan and call for ridiculous trades but we don't get paid for it. There are people in the front office and organization that do. They are responsible for the lousy acquisitions. Tick, tick...boom.
    Posted by Brickbat[/QUOTE]

I think some of the FA signings and extensions were done either without or regardless of scouting reports.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nick Cafardo:It's time to blow up Red Sox roster : Wow.  You have to admit, Hill, that's kind of shocking.  Who the heck is hitting all those HR's?  Smoak and Montero?
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]
    Put the game's top hitting prospects* -- Jesus Montero, Justin Smoak, Dustin Ackley and Michael Saunders -- in Safeco Field and they struggle. On the road, the young hitters are beginning to produce.

* Baseball America's midseason prospect lists had Montero at No. 3 in 2009, Smoak at No. 4 in 2009, Ackley at No. 7 in 2010 and Saunders at No. 25 in 2009. The Red Sox have not had a hitting prospect ranked that high in years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE]Blow up Cafardo first.  I agree the roster is a problem right now, but disagree a fire sale will fix anything.  And these are absolutely not the Cubs.  The lineup is one of the three best run scoring machines in MLB.  If you dump everyone but Pedroia, who will bring in the runs?  I know.  Bring up all those superstars wasting away in Pawtucket, Portland, and points south.  Bring in the clowns. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

IMO the problem with our Red Sox is all on the players, "ALL" of the players.  Not Mr Henry, not Larry L, not Ben C., not Bobby V, not the Coaches, not Jerry or the Bat Boy/Girl.  So we now have what I believe to be two choices.  One way or another, get rid of all the under achieving, me first, fat cats on the team for the best possible deal starting now as NC has stated "blow up the Red Sox roster", OR don't do anything and let these under achieving, me first, far cats wallow in the dung that they, and only they are responsible for, and then in the off season "blow up the Red Sox roster". Either way, its going to be painful for Mr Henry and us Red Sox fans, but it's got to be done one way or another. GO SOX!

Sections
Shortcuts