Nightmare WS scenario avoided: NYY/Cards lose, Scut MVP, Buck and McCarver can barely choke back the tears as the route begins...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Our long national nightmare is over! The most abominable WS matchup in our planet's history was officially averted in San Francisco this evening. This, coupled with the sweep of NYY by Detroit, frees our nation from the bonds of tyranny. Joe Buck and Tim McCarver can barely choke back the tears in the 2nd and 3rd innings when the route became too obvious to deny. We will never forget the hang dog expressions and the sunken heads. McCarver's comment about past St. Louis greatness, and that the Cardinals have only finished in last place one time in their history seems a small consolation now. Scut takes his dirt dog with him to the coast and does great things in spite of Holliday's dirty slide. You go Scut, you got the last word my friend by catching Holliday's weak popup to end it all. Perfect. Besides the Reds winning it, this was the next best thing for me in the NL. Watching Scut knock the Cardinals off, and watching St. Louis CHOKE like Cleveland in 07. HA HA....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Scut is the man, Scut is CLUTCH, Scut is a wiseguy heavy, Scut always does what the big boss says....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Scut is the man, Scut is CLUTCH, Scut is a wiseguy heavy, Scut always does what the big boss says....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

HAHAHA, ESPN lead story: "CARDINALS COLLAPSE".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Our long national nightmare is over! The most abominable WS matchup in our planet's history was officially averted in San Francisco this evening. This, coupled with the sweep of NYY by Detroit, frees our nation from the bonds of tyranny. Joe Buck and Tim McCarver can barely choke back the tears in the 2nd and 3rd innings when the route became too obvious to deny. We will never forget the hang dog expressions and the sunken heads. McCarver's comment about past St. Louis greatness, and that the Cardinals have only finished in last place one time in their history seems a small consolation now. Scut takes his dirt dog with him to the coast and does great things in spite of Holliday's dirty slide. You go Scut, you got the last word my friend by catching Holliday's weak popup to end it all. Perfect. Besides the Reds winning it, this was the next best thing for me in the NL. Watching Scut knock the Cardinals off, and watching St. Louis CHOKE like Cleveland in 07. HA HA....

[/QUOTE]

It Was Only Fitting Ex, The Scuta Cought Hollidays Poop Up, Should Be A Good WS....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It Was Only Fitting Ex, The Scuta Cought Hollidays Poop Up, Should Be A Good WS....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Sorry About The DBL Post.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

It did that to me too. It's double posting for some reason tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Start Times:

LINK:    url

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I really enjoyed the game and it was great to see Scutaro win the MVP.  He had a great series ending up with a .500 batting average.  It was especially nice to see St. Louis lose.  I didn't want to see them in the World Series again after they won last year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Holliday got hit hard.  Payback for hurting Scutaro. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I liked McCarver's feeble remark after Holliday got hit.

"That was wrong. You don't wake the sleeping giant".

Ha!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Repeating posts are a PITA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

REALLY!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Good for Marco. It will nice not having to listen to Buck & McCarver cheer on the Cardinals.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Good for Marco. It will nice not having to listen to Buck & McCarver cheer on the Cardinals.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Double post got me too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Was rooting for SF and Scut too.  but, i will say this....it would have been a little bit satisfying if the cardinals went on to win the WS.  wait, bear with me here....think about it.  we ALL dislike the Cardinals....but....we all HATE LaRussa.  how funny would it be if the rookie manager won the WS the year after LaRussa went out on top?  and with no Pujols to boot.

personally, i would have been ok with this happening.

Mcarver and Buck can s|_|ck it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Although I'm a Sox fan first, I live in SF Bay area so a Giant fan too(49ers also after the Pats) and I'm estatic with the comeback & Sox alumnus Scutaro's perormance. I felt at the time that Holliday's play on Marco was egregious. I know in football there are 15 year penalties for unsportmanlike plays but what happens in baseball...player gets tossed ?

So grateful Marco was able to return not injured seriously as he could have and Giant pitching, 20 runs to 1, in last 3 games & Marco's MVP were the deciding factors.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Although I'm a Sox fan first, I live in SF Bay area so a Giant fan too(49ers also after the Pats) and I'm estatic with the comeback & Sox alumnus Scutaro's perormance. I felt at the time that Holliday's play on Marco was egregious. I know in football there are 15 year penalties for unsportmanlike plays but what happens in baseball...player gets tossed ?

So grateful Marco was able to return not injured seriously as he could have and Giant pitching, 20 runs to 1, in last 3 games & Marco's MVP were the deciding factors.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

At least if the technical gurus of this new posting feature can't correct the multiple posts, let us at least do so with a DELETE KEY !!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

It would have been funny if Holliday attacked Cain after getting hit. 

SF: "Hey, that's our Ace!!!" 

St. Louis: "We're down 9-0 so we have nothing to lose at this point."   LOL