Nightmare WS scenario avoided: NYY/Cards lose, Scut MVP, Buck and McCarver can barely choke back the tears as the route begins...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

It would have been funny if Holliday attacked Cain after getting hit. 

SF: "Hey, that's our Ace!!!" 

St. Louis: "We're down 9-0 so we have nothing to lose at this point."   LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It would have been funny if Holliday attacked Cain after getting hit. 

SF: "Hey, that's our Ace!!!" 

St. Louis: "We're down 9-0 so we have nothing to lose at this point."   LOL

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm ??? Could it be that although Holliday is 6'3" and 235 lbs that Cain is also 6'3" & 235 lbs !!!  Scutaro, on the other hand, is 5'10" and 185 lbs so he dared his egregious block on him after he had safely touched the bag. Size is not an issue if a 2nd baseman blocks 2nd base before the runner arrives. Same for catchers in front of home plate & they are usually bulky guys but are legitimate targets for anyone trying to steal home.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Holliday got hit hard.  Payback for hurting Scutaro. 

[/QUOTE]

I liked McCarver's feeble remark after Holliday got hit.

"That was wrong. You don't wake the sleeping giant".

Ha!

[/QUOTE]

Wishful thinking by McCarver, exposed his gross preference for Stl., and fooled absolutely no one. Not a person in the entire country believed the Cardinals were going to come back. Thats why he said it, needed to macho up to keep the props from coming out from under him, and avoid crying like a little girl on national tv.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

When will Yonkersman finally rip off his self-applied duck tape and participate in an Examiner thread?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

A NY/St.Louis WS would have been must watch tv. I have very little interest in the series now. Hope and expect the Tigers to win. They are a mirror image of the 04' Sox.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

A NY/St.Louis WS would have been must watch tv. I have very little interest in the series now. Hope and expect the Tigers to win. They are a mirror image of the 04' Sox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you're a baseball fan, any WS is must  watch.

It's loooong winter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i thought this postseason has been really great so far. havent missed a game yet. living in NY the NY/detriot series was my favorite! i knew going in the yanks were in trouble. they almost got hosed by the O's for christs sake. watching them get beat down in the ALCS was the best part of the season for me hahaha

although that series turned me off on the idea of signing swisher in the offseason.. im off that bus

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i thought this postseason has been really great so far. havent missed a game yet. living in NY the NY/detriot series was my favorite! i knew going in the yanks were in trouble. they almost got hosed by the O's for christs sake. watching them get beat down in the ALCS was the best part of the season for me hahaha

although that series turned me off on the idea of signing swisher in the offseason.. im off that bus

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's loooong winter.

[/QUOTE]
    Definitely agree with you.  The playoffs in any sport should be a must watch if you are a real fan.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's loooong winter.

[/QUOTE]
    Definitely agree with you.  The playoffs in any sport should be a must watch if you are a real fan.