NL Roadtrip from Hell - thanks COMA!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Re: NL Roadtrip from Hell - thanks COMA!

Last time I looked our RH hitters were not doing so well, and that INCLUDES PD and Youk.  PD is hitting better, and You had a few spurts, but not when it counts.  Not when we need a big hit.  They have been sub-par until now, and I think they both heat up after the All Star break.  We certainly have enough LH hitting.  Theo is looking at RF RH bats, expect a move to be made.

Now, lets watch our team come alive in the sunshine of a game day today, in preperation for Astros series.    I love day games during the week ...

GO SOX!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i thought we played our heart out yesterday but....

when we were down 1-0 and reddick was on base/lackey on deck, why wasnt reddick given the green light to steal right away to put him in scoring position???? instead we get marco swinging away on the first pitch....thank god lackey cranked one but this is what i was talking about with francona

put the runner in scoring position and give 2 batters a chance to bring him across...why wasnt that done?????? did he know Lackey was going to go yard???  lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: NL Roadtrip from Hell - thanks COMA!:
    [QUOTE]i thought we played our heart out yesterday but.... when we were down 1-0 and reddick was on base/lackey on deck, why wasnt reddick given the green light to steal right away to put him in scoring position???? instead we get marco swinging away on the first pitch....thank god lackey cranked one but this is what i was talking about with francona put the runner in scoring position and give 2 batters a chance to bring him across...why wasnt that done?????? did he know Lackey was going to go yard???  lol
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Wow, it ceases to amaze me the level of second guessing the couch potatoes like geo and BOSOX can stoop to...INCREDIBLE.

The facts are this:
    • The ineptness of the RF situation has reached an all-time high...but since Drew, Cameron and McDonald are still on the roster the manager is inclined to use them.
    • The entire line-up has taken a nose dive, batting around .196 over the last 11 or so games and even worse with RISP.
    • Ortiz is 0-16
    • Pedroia and Youk are not hot right now
    • AGon is back to hitting singles again...we need his power
    The meat of the line-up isn't getting it done, and that's the managers fault. PERFECT. The Francona bashers just love to direct their anger away from the true issue...THE LINE-UP IS NOT PRODUCING right now.

Oh yeah, and Reddick, NO QUESTION, would have stole 2B as GEORM cried for, when did he become ICHIRO? Altohugh if GEO says it, it would have happened!

I could go on and on...but no matter what reasonable people say the haters will be haters.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

sox,

Really - it was unreasonable to think reddick would/could steal second base when down by one run and the pitcher on deck????? isnt there at least a 70% chance of doing just that based on stats?

if you think that is overmanaging or undoable than i can see why Coma is your manager...

dumb...bootlicking dumb

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]sox,   Really - it was unreasonable to think reddick would/could steal second base when down by one run and the pitcher on deck????? isnt there at least a 70% chance of doing just that based on stats? if you think that is overmanaging or undoable than i can see why Coma is your manager... dumb...bootlicking dumb

Again wow...since when would Reddick's steal success rate be 70%?? What is the basis for this statistic or is this just a couch potato metric??

Plus, doesn't the PLAYER, if given the green light, need to feel he can get a jump on the pitcher to even have a chance to steal a bag?? Did you ever think that maybe that could have been what happened?

But for you and the other bashers it is so much easier to just blame the manager...the PLAYERS lack of production has no impact on results...

Baseball is all about the manager instructing players to get hits when they step to the plate...throw unhittable strikes to every batter on the mound...and get enormous jumps on every pitcher when trying to steal?

So bootlicking is not expecting PLAYERS to succeed 100% of the time...or make assumptions that events will change if the manager does something the couch potatoes think they should...and that logic is reasonable??

Geo, wake up and smell what you are shovelling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Sometimes we play .700 ball and sometimes we play .500 ball but it all averages out to .600 ball and that wins championships!  It's fun when we are winning and of course it is the manager's fault when the players don't perform like now.  What the Sox don't need is more aging players on the cheap.  Let the young talent fail - at least the Sox will know what they have to look forward to in the future.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

2-7 is .500? Wow do I ever feel better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

This is the  1st time I can recall having  9 inter league games at home  and then 9 straight on the road.  

I guess Terry   called MLB and said   we  got a great  club on paper,  so give us a tougher schedule, where I have to take 1 of my 2 big bats out of the line up..

Enough whining about the  trip ..    the same people that jumped ship  at 2-10     jumped back on when we were  hot, hot, hot....   now they are bailing again.

Season is 162 games and we'll still win  95 or 96 at the end..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NL Roadtrip from Hell - thanks COMA! : Again wow...since when would Reddick's steal success rate be 70%?? What is the basis for this statistic or is this just a couch potato metric??
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

Couch Potato Metrics is right.  At the AAA level Reddick is 8 for 17 in stolen bases. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Sox have beat up on N.L. teams in the past. This year , it has turned around. Cannot blame the road trip or the manager. They are simply not playing good baseball.  And this includes the so-called " Dirt Dogs " on the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NL Roadtrip from Hell - thanks COMA! : Couch Potato Metrics is right.  At the AAA level Reddick is 8 for 17 in stolen bases. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

and ruiz is 28% caught stealing you jackolopes...

dumb

really dumb

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Sox kitten67, The players aren't getting it done. That isn't the managers fault. If YOU know they are not getting it done, and I know they are not getting it done, do you think Francona should know? When a team is getting it done, the manager simply needs to make out the line up and practice his spitting. When a team is struggling for runs, it's seems to me that a good manager should try to manufacture runs, especially in a close game. He should try to move players into scoring position. Sadly the Sox manager does not do what he can or even try to do something that might generate a much needed run. He's too busy planning who he's going to rest on Sept 17th and making sure the bullpen is fresh in case they're needed for the stretch run. I wonder how long he spends on making sure the L-R nonsense is in place?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NL Roadtrip from Hell - thanks COMA! : and ruiz is 28% caught stealing you jackolopes... dumb really dumb

Sure, 28% is his average for all attempts...does that mean every baserunner has a 72% chance of stealing the base?       

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NL Roadtrip from Hell - thanks COMA! : Sure, 28% is his average for all attempts...does that mean every baserunner has a 72% chance of stealing the base?       
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

i said he had a 70% chance of making it...and you salamis said i was making up numbers...so at least acknoledge that based on ruiz's caught stealing figures, I was accurate in my opinion...that doesnt mean he would have made it - but you guys sound like i was asking to pull off a triple steal....stop the bootliking please - Lackey bailed out his manager with that blast

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]2-7 is .500? Wow do I ever feel better.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

See? Our Yahoo! fantasy teams are doing great, with that standard, Burrito old friend!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]i thought we played our heart out yesterday but.... when we were down 1-0 and reddick was on base/lackey on deck, why wasnt reddick given the green light to steal right away to put him in scoring position???? instead we get marco swinging away on the first pitch....thank god lackey cranked one but this is what i was talking about with francona put the runner in scoring position and give 2 batters a chance to bring him across...why wasnt that done?????? did he know Lackey was going to go yard???  lol
    Geo, how would any of us know whether Reddick had the green light or not? As you point out, Scutaro swung at the first pitch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NL Roadtrip from Hell - thanks COMA! : Geo, how would any of us know whether Reddick had the green light or not? As you point out, Scutaro swung at the first pitch.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

lloyd, im assuming that Marco would have been told to take if that was the intent????  after all part II of the plan is to allow him to have a few hacks with risp, no? especially with the pitcher on deck?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NL Roadtrip from Hell - thanks COMA! : I think that part of preparing the team includes putting the best lineup, available, on the field for each game. It has to affect the players mental approach to a game when they see sub par players in the lineup. I wonder how it feels to be a very competitive player and see your manager continually insert two players that aren't even batting .160? There has to be a mental let down for the rest of the team.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

The only mental let downs are loser wanta be who think they can manage from a computer. And coma would be where your brain is right now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]sox,   Really - it was unreasonable to think reddick would/could steal second base when down by one run and the pitcher on deck????? isnt there at least a 70% chance of doing just that based on stats? if you think that is overmanaging or undoable than i can see why Coma is your manager... dumb...bootlicking dumb

in 2009 Reddick stole 5 bases and was caught 6 times. in 2010 he stole 4 bases and was caught 7 times.  Does that figure out to 70 percent? Based on stats? Talk about dumb.  reddick is under 50 percent successful stealing bases for the last three years.  But you knew that right?  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Too funny.

The Sox play .640 ball  for the month of June and some people are whining.  They played 640 ball with 60 percent of the games on the road.  not too shabby.

And why are people complaining?  Because they ended the month going 2 and 6.

If they had taken 2 of 3 from the As, Yanks, and Jays (instead of sweeping them) and taken 2 of 3 from the padres, Pirates, and Phillies, some of the whining fans would be dancing in the street.  Well, maybe they wouldn't be dancing.  More likely, the'd be quiet.

The first half of the month, they went 10 and 2 for an .833 winning pct.  The second half of the month, they went 6 and 13 for a .462 pinning pct.  In reality they are a .600 plus club, and that's all anyone can expect.

This team is funny - they are either red hot or ice cold.  Lets hope they are red hot in October.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NL Roadtrip from Hell - thanks COMA! : in 2009 Reddick stole 5 bases and was caught 6 times. in 2010 he stole 4 bases and was caught 7 times.  Does that figure out to 70 percent? Based on stats? Talk about dumb.  reddick is under 50 percent successful stealing bases for the last three years.  But you knew that right?  
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

actually it figures out to 72% based on the CATCHER who is supposed to throw him out....are you saying that Reddick cold not have stolen 2nd with Ruiz behind the plate???? stick to the point....why didnt Coma send him with lackey on deck??? oh yea because Lackey was going to jack one....

are you saying marco and lackey had a higher probability of both getting hits to score Reddick than reddick had attempting a steal and then scoring on a base hit from either one of the number 8 or 9 hitters? amazing analysis there snake

you are as dumb as dirt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

No need to beat a dead horse but Mac, Tek, and Cameron 5-7??????

And Tek responds with two HRs.  And we win the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NL Roadtrip from Hell - thanks COMA! : lloyd, im assuming that Marco would have been told to take if that was the intent????  after all part II of the plan is to allow him to have a few hacks with risp, no? especially with the pitcher on deck?
    Unless it's 3-0, it's incredibly rare to specifically tell a batter to take a pitch.  How many times have you seen Ellsbury break for second only to have the ball fouled off?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NL Roadtrip from Hell - thanks COMA! : actually it figures out to 72% based on the CATCHER who is supposed to throw him out....are you saying that Reddick cold not have stolen 2nd with Ruiz behind the plate???? stick to the point....why didnt Coma send him with lackey on deck??? oh yea because Lackey was going to jack one.... are you saying marco and lackey had a higher probability of both getting hits to score Reddick than reddick had attempting a steal and then scoring on a base hit from either one of the number 8 or 9 hitters? amazing analysis there snake you are as dumb as dirt

Makes no sense.  If you're going to run Reddck against Ruiz, then you might as well run all our guys against all the catchers out there.  Contrary to popular thought, you don't steal at will.