No Bogaerts vs Ryu?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

No Bogaerts vs Ryu?

I thought the idea was we werent bringing him up to sit on the bench?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: No Bogaerts vs Ryu?

In response to fireballer58's comment:

I thought the idea was we werent bringing him up to sit on the bench?

AAA season ends in a week. The sox brought him up to bolster our bench at the expense of 1 week of consistent AAA playing time. it's not a big deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Bolster the bench for what? He doesn't come in as a defensive replacement,he doesn't come in as a pinch hitter, so what value does he have? This is just stubborness on JF's part! Message to JF: Stephan Drew is mediocre at best!!! I don't care how much money the Sox are paying him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd have started Boggy at SS today and tomorrow, but with 2 lefties in a row and Drew being 0-4 vs Capuano, I think John decided to sit the hot Drew just one game this series: tomorrow.

Sox4ever

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We must never question any decisions made by Cherington or Farrell. To do so would be considered "whining."  At the risk of being thought of as negative, I must say that today's lineup is a bit of a head scratcher. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Bogaerts has started one game.....vs. a RHP.

Lets make sure we get some extra RHH in the lineup today, better put Napoli on first base and bench Bogaerts for DREW vs. LHP.

Honestly with only a few weeks left, if the plan was to sit Bogaerts....you'd be better off giving him consistant playing time at 3B down in Pawtucket.  If the plan was to play him, then why has he sat the bench vs. every LHP starter we've faced so far?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

I have no problem with Drew but they claimed Xander would see time against lefties.  He started against a righty and the very next day was benched against Zito and drew played. Zito would have been the perfect time to start Xander a weak soft tossing lefty.  I dont understand why Drew keeps starting against lefties.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to craig2174's comment:

I have no problem with Drew but they claimed Xander would see time against lefties.  He started against a righty and the very next day was benched against Zito and drew played. Zito would have been the perfect time to start Xander a weak soft tossing lefty.  I dont understand why Drew keeps starting against lefties.

Like I said, I think Boggy should start today and tomorrow vs the lefties, but Drew had a good record vs Zito in one of his biggest sample sizes vs any MLb lefty.

We could have also played Boggy at 3B and Middy at 1B today, if we really wanted Drew to play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Perplexing why no Bogaerts. Isn't Drew hitting less than .200 vs. lefties and if he doesn't play against a lefty why bring him up?

I'd take him over Napoli.

Napoli today - 0 for 4, 2 K's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I'd have started Boggy at SS today and tomorrow, but with 2 lefties in a row and Drew being 0-4 vs Capuano, I think John decided to sit the hot Drew just one game this series: tomorrow.

Sox4ever

I agree

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

good prediction.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Perplexing why no Bogaerts. Isn't Drew hitting less than .200 vs. lefties and if he doesn't play against a lefty why bring him up?

I'd take him over Napoli.

Drew actually has been pretty good against lefties in the last couple of weeks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Why he chose to play Drew over Bogearts even thought Ryu's a lefty is because Ryu's who's out pitch is the change up splits are better v righthanded hitters. That and Drew has been among our best and most productive hitters for more than month.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts