NO BOOS FOR CRAWFORD AT FENWAY!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lscheue. Show lscheue's posts

NO BOOS FOR CRAWFORD AT FENWAY!!

Give this guy a chance.  He needs time to feel at home in Boston. Encouragement
    brings good results.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: NO BOOS FOR CRAWFORD AT FENWAY!!

Don't worry - he is batting 8th now, most of the pink hats will be like "awe who's that new utility guy at the bottom of the order?" and "Crawford must be getting the night off or maybe on the DL - but hey look there's a call-up from the farm filling in for Carl in the 8th spot."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

In Response to NO BOOS FOR CRAWFORD AT FENWAY!!:
    Give this guy a chance.  He needs time to feel at home in Boston. Encouragement brings good results.
    Posted by lscheue

I'll be there on Monday and I'm not gonna boo him, unless he does soemthing really stupid. Certainly not before he plays.

However, this "you never boo your own players stuff" goes too far sometimes. You do boo your own players sometimes, especially for laziness or stupidity. I know Crawford's not lazy, and I haven't seen him do anything really dumb.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

anyone who boos their own players, doesn't deserve to be a fan

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

In Response to Re: NO BOOS FOR CRAWFORD AT FENWAY!!:
    In Response to NO BOOS FOR CRAWFORD AT FENWAY!! : I'll be there on Monday and I'm not gonna boo him, unless he does soemthing really stupid. Certainly not before he plays. However, this "you never boo your own players stuff" goes too far sometimes. You do boo your own players sometimes, especially for laziness or stupidity. I know Crawford's not lazy, and I haven't seen him do anything really dumb.
    Posted by wherescreamingcomesfrom

does anyone see anything that would make you think crawford will come out off this?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

of course he will come out of it - are you that upset with him as a player?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: NO BOOS FOR CRAWFORD AT FENWAY!! : does anyone see anything that would make you think crawford will come out off this?
    Posted by canetime

come out of what? he's not in a coma. it's baseball. it's a slump. it's a slow start. did you not see him play for tampa??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Posted by J-BAY

Absolutely. My Pop taught me that as a kid, and if I booed somebody today I have no doubt his hand would come down from the sky and smack me in the head.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

I always cheer! i cheered rentarie, i cheered papi in his slump, i cheered manny when he came back with the chi sox.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

Posted by J-BAY

I disagree, booing a guy that doesn't hustle down the line, then gets thrown out on a close play means that you're paying attention and that you expect the players on your team to care.
        Like Pedroia said, I like that the fans at Fenway boo (when they do it for the right reasons) it means they follow the games. I grew up in Cleveland and the fans there don't ever boo their guys, no matter what. Know why? They don't know baseball as well and they don't care as much as the fans in Boston.
        Besaides, who are you to say who "deserves" to be a fan anyhow?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Crawford isnt doing badly because of lack of hustle, he pressing and trying to hit everything once he relaxes hell be fine. Point= no need to boo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

Crawford isnt doing badly because of lack of hustle, he pressing and trying to hit everything once he relaxes hell be fine. Point= no need to boo.
    Posted by RSF4Life234

Absolutely!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

J-BAY i would have to disagree with you on that one. Fans have every right to boo their fave teams players if they are playing as bad as crawford is. Fans pay lots of money to buy merchandise and go to games, they have the right to expect the players to play to the level that they are getting paid to play at. carl crawford is one of if not the highest paid outfielder in the mlb. he is batting under .160. Fans have every right to boo him. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Crawford will improve and get to at least the bottom of his career averages. But he is an embarrassment who, as he said, deserves to be boohed. He's never been a superstar, will never be a #3 hitter, and was a complete Theo brain cramp when the team needed a solid young corner RH OF'er and a solid catcher.
    Crawbury is, was, and will always be a joke. Crawford is a 30 year mortgage, so Ellsbury is going to have to go. How this team ends up has nothing to do with how bad this signing was and what needs to be done, long term.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i would have to agree with you on BaseballGM, crawford is not a #3 hitter which is what he is getting paid like. Theo messed up big time signing him. The guy we should have got was matt holliday. He is a number 3 hitter and is a solid right handed bat. Just think of our line up:

ellsbury
    pedroia
    holliday
    gonzalez
    youk
    ortiz
    drew 
    lowrie
    salty

much better in my opinion and more balanced. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

For 2011, "Crawbury" isn't a tipping point for team success. But, long term, it was stupid, really, really stupid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

it was really stupid, unless theo has some plan to trade ellsbury for  someone like matt kemp or justin upton, we are stuck with 2 players who are pretty much identical in skill set in crawford and ellsbury, and as a result we dont really have a logical spot for crawford in the line up. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

J-BAY i would have to disagree with you on that one. Fans have every right to boo their fave teams players if they are playing as bad as crawford is. Fans pay lots of money to buy merchandise and go to games, they have the right to expect the players to play to the level that they are getting paid to play at. carl crawford is one of if not the highest paid outfielder in the mlb. he is batting under .160. Fans have every right to boo him. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34

they certainly do.  i said it's not right IMO. my belief is, you support your team through the good times and the bad, the ups and the downs. thats what a true fan is. everyone has to decide what kind of fan they want to be, a fickle fairweather fan or a diehard devoted one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: NO BOOS FOR CRAWFORD AT FENWAY!! :      I disagree, booing a guy that doesn't hustle down the line, then gets thrown out on a close play means that you're paying attention and that you expect the players on your team to care.     Like Pedroia said, I like that the fans at Fenway boo (when they do it for the right reasons) it means they follow the games. I grew up in Cleveland and the fans there don't ever boo their guys, no matter what. Know why? They don't know baseball as well and they don't care as much as the fans in Boston.     Besaides, who are you to say who "deserves" to be a fan anyhow?
    Posted by wherescreamingcomesfrom

some parents aren't good ones, they don't deserve to be

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Posted by redsoxpride34

The price of your ticket entitles you to enter the stadium, that's all.

Sections
Shortcuts