No chance for Ciriaco?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

No chance for Ciriaco?

Middlebrooks is not impressing me at the plate so far and I'd love to see Pedro get some time at third.

Pedro has awesome speed and I think his fielding numbers are similar to WM's.

I just think it would be awesome to see Ciriaco, Iggy, JBJ, and Victorino and Ells on the basepaths in the same game.

We'd have one of the fastest teams in the league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: No chance for Ciriaco?

It has been just two games. Middlebrooks is much better then Pedro.  I am sure Pedro is thrilled to have made the team and is not worried about his "chance" after just two games.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to lasitter's comment:

Middlebrooks is not impressing me at the plate so far and I'd love to see Pedro get some time at third.

I just think it would be awesome to see Ciriaco, Iggy, JBJ, and Victorino and Ells on the basepaths in the same game.

Monday WMB had a 102 degree temperature.  Most people here would stay in bed and beg their wife for chicken soup.  He got up and played a baseball game in cold conditions.  His second game he pounded the ball twice to the deepest part of the field......

In other words...... cut the kid some slack.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

WMB was solid during the ST.  Two poor performance games due to his fever won't sit him down on the bench.  it would be idiocracy to sit him down for poor performance but not for 102 degree fever.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I'll just assume the OP was not aware that Middlebrooks has been ill. Even so, it's silly to talk of benching last season's rookie sensation based on a two-game sample size.

Ciriaco is a nice player to have, but he should not be starting unless someone gets hurt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

I'll just assume the OP was not aware that Middlebrooks has been ill. Even so, it's silly to talk of benching last season's rookie sensation based on a two-game sample size.

Ciriaco is a nice player to have, but he should not be starting unless someone gets hurt.

Good POINT .... BTW, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ciriaco in the lineup tonight, @ 2nd base as Pedroia could use the night off to let his hand calm down !!!   Let's see what develops as I know that  J F wants to get everyone in !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Pedro has a career .299 OBP in over 3,000 minor league PAs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

I wasn't aware of Middlebrooks illness.

Looking at last year's stats, they both had about the same number of plate appearances, with Pedro getting the edge in batting average, and Middlebrooks well ahead in slugging.

Looks like their baserunning was about the same, so maybe Middlebrooks is faster than I realized.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

I admire Middlebrooks desire to get onto the field even though sick -- that bodes well for the future.

It does make me wonder whether it was wise to play him given alternatives, however.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Bench Middlebrooks after TWO GAMES!?!!?

I am not the biggest Middlebrooks supporter in the world but that is ridiculous. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to lasitter's comment:

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

3 infield Positions, plus some possible Outfield. Good guy to have on team. And if done right give rest to Regulars, and keep Ciriaco sharp too.

===========================================

I agree with you that he is a good luxury to have. Going through a season hoping no one gets injured is unlikely. I am around since and before the Billy Goodman late 40s, 50s & early 60s era & he played all infield positions and I can see Ciriaco doing the same and available for the outfield too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Middlebrooks could a slump a bit this year.  A sophmore slump is a definitely possibility.  I wouldn't bet on it, and definitely not hope for it....but it happens he is a young guy.  I'll still think he will put up a decent line regardless But I think people automatically assume he will be a .300/30/100 guy.....and I'm not sure if that is a gurantee yet, especially since he has yet to do so. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Middlebrooks could a slump a bit this year.  A sophmore slump is a definitely possibility.  I wouldn't bet on it, and definitely not hope for it....but it happens he is a young guy.  I'll still think he will put up a decent line regardless But I think people automatically assume he will be a .300/30/100 guy.....and I'm not sure if that is a gurantee yet, especially since he has yet to do so. 

exactly. The kid is still just 24 and has yet to play a full season at the MLB level. He'll be fine. Ciriaco is a bench player. thats it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Really someone thinks we should sit our 3rd baseman after 2 gm's, idiotic. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I dont think a Sophmore slump is in store for WMB... He and Naps have both hit the ball very hard in the opening two games, the ball has just found a glove. Eventually though those will start getting in for hits. Im Confident WMB will be just as good if not better than last year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Middlebrooks could a slump a bit this year.  A sophmore slump is a definitely possibility.  I wouldn't bet on it, and definitely not hope for it....but it happens he is a young guy.  I'll still think he will put up a decent line regardless But I think people automatically assume he will be a .300/30/100 guy.....and I'm not sure if that is a gurantee yet, especially since he has yet t

I dont think a Sophmore slump is in store for WMB... He and Naps have both hit the ball very hard in the opening two games, the ball has just found a glove. Eventually though those will start getting in for hits. Im Confident WMB will be just as good if not better than last year. 

You may very well be right, I only fear that we as fans may be doing what we often do; set unrealistically high expectations for ALL players. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

2 hits tonight: does that now make him HOF'er?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

bump

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Impressed yet?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to DaffyDan's comment:

Impressed yet?

What are you talking about?  He just flied out.  We need to trade him now.  If he starts off next game 0-1, he'll have no trade value whatsoever.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to DaffyDan's comment:

Impressed yet?

What are you talking about?  He just flied out.  We need to trade him now.  If he starts off next game 0-1, he'll have no trade value whatsoever.

Maybe we can get Crawford. Or better yet, Beckett! 

Sections
Shortcuts