No complaints today about DH????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

No complaints today about DH????

So no complaints today about Ciracio being the DH last night??????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: No complaints today about DH????

im in the firm belief that we let papi walk next yr, save that 15-20 mil, get a an ace with dice k $$$ thrown in, and do exactly what we did last nite - dh the kids part time....bring up lava

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Jim are u saying you are anti-Ortiz?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

No I'm saying when the DH goes 0 for 4 there is a thread on how dumb it is and how dumb BV is and how they should do this or that.
    However when the DH plays and hits well every one says NOTHING.

Proving many RS fans are about what have you done today with no regards for anything else.

BTW how can you get that I'm anti Ortiz from my post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I don't know, it sounds like you are anti-Ortiz. I am gonna tell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Tongue Out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Actually, I think that Pedro belongs in that lineup every day as he makes things happen !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

T it is about the fairweather fans who come in and throw players and coaches under the bus for one plate appearance or a game or one inning...etc...

Yet when the player does well they find something else to complain about.

Far too many RS fans are FAIR WEATHER FANS.

A few days ago they were complaing about PC going 0-4 and that BV was stupid for having him DH and in the 2 hole.

Yesterday it worked and the silence is deafening. Just like so many other days when they win and all goes right or supposedly right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Sounds like pikefromflorida.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I undestand. Other than calling up Lav then it would be expected to see just about anyone in the DH spot, 0-4's and 3-4's to be expected.

AGon came through in a big way to.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I would rather see this guy in the field and let Aviles DH tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to No complaints today about DH????:
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

it isn't the point what someone does in individual games. 

Do you think Ciricao is a better hitter than Gomez or Lava?

This is kind of an odd thread to call people out on.  Dhing a SS who hit 231 in AAA last year is kind of suspect, even if he did have three hits last night.

And I am not or have never been a "complainer".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: No complaints today about DH????:
    In Response to No complaints today about DH???? : it isn't the point what someone does in individual games.  Do you think Ciricao is a better hitter than Gomez or Lava? This is kind of an odd thread to call people out on.  Dhing a SS who hit 231 in AAA last year is kind of suspect, even if he did have three hits last night. And I am not or have never been a "complainer".
    Posted by snakeoil123

Snake love your posts but you miss my point this time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to No complaints today about DH???? : it isn't the point what someone does in individual games.  Do you think Ciricao is a better hitter than Gomez or Lava? This is kind of an odd thread to call people out on.  Dhing a SS who hit 231 in AAA last year is kind of suspect, even if he did have three hits last night. And I am not or have never been a "complainer".
    Posted by snakeoil123

He hit .300 in AAA this year. A nice improvement from last year. He has hit well since being called up. Leading the Sox in batting at present. Why not stick with him , at least until he drops off ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: No complaints today about DH???? : He hit .300 in AAA this year. A nice improvement from last year. He has hit well since being called up. Leading the Sox in batting at present. Why not stick with him , at least until he drops off ?
    Posted by dgalehouse

I like Ciriaco.  Why not stick with him and play him at SS and Dh Gomez?

I know it is a moot point when Ortiz comes back.  I just think Gomez should have been up getting some at bats as a DH.  Punto on the roster just gums things up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: No complaints today about DH???? : Snake love your posts but you miss my point this time.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Like your posts as well, so I will take you at your word that I did....ha.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to No complaints today about DH????:
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Jim,

A lot of people thought we were crazy for wanting to add Ciriaco to the roster.  Like Nava when he first came up, if you go with the guys who want an opportunity to prove themselves and help it usually works out pretty well.  

Lav should be next.

Ciriaco is more of a spark than Iggy, Punto, Aviles and company would probably ever be this season.   I think he will only get better at some point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Jim is referring to me..I don't want Ciriaco at DH...I've wanted him at SS now for a long time though. Look at him--he's got range, he seems very fast, but BV uses him in a DH role? It's crazy. I posted that I was pleased he had a great game last night--but please, please, please don't sit there and use one game after he's done so little to defend him. 3-for-22 from July 17-24, or when Ortiz on DL. No runs scored. No HR. No RBI. Now that he's 5-for-last-8 with a triple and a GW hit, now he's the toast of DH....Geez, I expect better from JimFla.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ciriaco as a No. 2 hitter at DH is not exactly what I call the best use of this young infielder. Had he been getting starts at 2b or SS so that the Sox could either let Pedroia DH (maybe he's fatigued, but it only applies to the medical staff on guys like CC, Ellsbury, etcA) or sit Aviles. There are a ton of options, and for now, Ciriaco gets to start another game or two as he's producing when others are not. Good for Pedro. If he didn't hit, he'd be the next person dropped to the minors and he was headed in that direction in the past week.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Jim is referring to me..I don't want Ciriaco at DH...I've wanted him at SS now for a long time though. Look at him--he's got range, he seems very fast, but BV uses him in a DH role? It's crazy. I posted that I was pleased he had a great game last night--but please, please, please don't sit there and use one game after he's done so little to defend him. 3-for-22 from July 17-24, or when Ortiz on DL. No runs scored. No HR. No RBI. Now that he's 5-for-last-8 with a triple and a GW hit, now he's the toast of DH....Geez, I expect better from JimFla.
    Posted by dannycater

SS is the spot he sould be getting playing time at I agree DC.  It will only help this club in the long run in my opinion.  I think Bobby really like Aviles, otherwise he should be backing up Ciriaco.  I also love Ciriaco in the number two slot behind Jacoby because Pede isn't 100%

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

right, crazed. If I see "2. Ciriaco, SS" I don't have a problem with that. When I constantly see this "2. Nava, DH" or "2. Ciriaco,DH"...that I have a problem with.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

right, crazed. If I see "2. Ciriaco, SS" I don't have a problem with that. When I constantly see this "2. Nava, DH" or "2. Ciriaco,DH"...that I have a problem with.
    Posted by dannycater

Bobby has his favorites just like Francona did.  I also think we have lost the Nava wave so its time to bring Pod back, we gave him a raw deal.  Look at the results guys like Pod, Ciriaco and Nava have given us.  If they prove to be consistent its great for the club, if not keep turning the wheel.  At this point Lav, Linares and Pod could all be better choices than our present.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: No complaints today about DH???? : Bobby has his favorites just like Francona did.  I also think we have lost the Nava wave so its time to bring Pod back, we gave him a raw deal.  Look at the results guys like Pod, Ciriaco and Nava have given us.  If they prove to be consistent its great for the club, if not keep turning the wheel.  At this point Lav, Linares and Pod could all be better choices than our present.
    Posted by craze4sox

I have been talking Pods and Linares over Nava and Sweeney for a month now.

I don't get it.  Neither one has been productive for quite a while now.  I like them both and wish them well but seriously...change it up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: No complaints today about DH???? : I have been talking Pods and Linares over Nava and Sweeney for a month now. I don't get it.  Neither one has been productive for quite a while now.  I like them both and wish them well but seriously...change it up.
    Posted by snakeoil123

I thought I got the Podsednik Fan Club President title....no, I've been calling for this the day that I could not believe that after a .387/.420 OBP stint that when he was off the DL...they sent him to Pawtucket and kept the 8-for-73 struggling Nava. It was insanity by Ben.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

snake and I are reasonable people, reasonable people make better decisions than it seems the Sox FO...not a good sign.

Sections
Shortcuts