No complaints today about DH????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: No complaints today about DH????

Gotta like the fire Ciriaco brings to the team...he WANTS to play.  The Sox need a bunch of players like him with fire for attitudes. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: No complaints today about DH????:
    In Response to Re: No complaints today about DH???? : I thought I got the Podsednik Fan Club President title....no, I've been calling for this the day that I could not believe that after a .387/.420 OBP stint that when he was off the DL...they sent him to Pawtucket and kept the 8-for-73 struggling Nava. It was insanity by Ben.
    Posted by dannycater

Lets put it this way, when I was watching the team without Ciriaco the game was shut off more than once due to boardom.  He puts the word "excitement" in perspective so the more energy and crafty vets like Pod the better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

good post, craze   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Ciriaco should not be DH under ANY circumstances.  Now if he were to reaplce Aviles at SS, I wouldn't care.  In fact, I'm all for it, at least for now.

Nava also shouldn't DH.  He should probably be demoted so the Sox can call up Lavarnway and let him try his hand at DH.  I really don't get why this has not happened beyond maybe that the FO has lost almost all of their faith in Lavarnway, to the point where they don't even want to jeopardize his trade value by having him face actual MLB pitching...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

notin, exactly....hey what's with this agreeing with each other thing...next thing you know I'm going to put up a Shemp Howard avatar.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: No complaints today about DH???? : I have been talking Pods and Linares over Nava and Sweeney for a month now. I don't get it.  Neither one has been productive for quite a while now.  I like them both and wish them well but seriously...change it up.
    Posted by snakeoil123

A month  More like 2 years, at lest with regards to Linares.

Persoanlly, I have verylow expectations rom Linares, but really, what is at stake in letting him be Carl Crawford's right-handed platoon partner who gives his elbow rest? Try it, Ben. Its free. you can even FA Melancon to make room. It's very possible no one will claim him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I would be not upset if Melancon released, same with Punto, and Nava dropped down. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I was not refering to any one particular person but to the thread about a week ago lambasting BV for using the guys he had as DH. Mainly because they had not hit well.

Maybe with Gomez, Nava and others it comes down to options available I don't know.
    I agree PC should be at SS..
    As for Lavarnaway no way he should come up unless he is going to catch every day. He needs to work his D so he can be the future catcher of the RS

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I don't think Lavarnway would have been too hurt emotionally, or even progress wise, had he been brought up to what amounts to a cup of Starbucks. He did it last year and did it well I thought. Also, as I've said in previous threads, it would not have been so bad to have the 3rd catcher so that the Sox had the option of allowing Salty to DH and Shoppach to catch with Lavarnway as an emergency man.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The 3 catcher thing would have been a short term thing too. Just long enough for Ortiz to get off the DL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

I don't know, it sounds like you are anti-Ortiz. I am gonna tell.
    Posted by EnchiladaT

this is some funny stuff..i looked at this and started cracking up....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Ciracio has both power and speed.  I'm sure he can teach Crawford a few things here and there. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: No complaints today about DH???? : I thought I got the Podsednik Fan Club President title....no, I've been calling for this the day that I could not believe that after a .387/.420 OBP stint that when he was off the DL...they sent him to Pawtucket and kept the 8-for-73 struggling Nava. It was insanity by Ben.
    Posted by dannycater

apparently the red sox are the only ones in the nation who werent impressed by Pods in the field or morales starting....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: No complaints today about DH???? : apparently the red sox are the only ones in the nation who werent impressed by Pods in the field or morales starting....
    Posted by georom4

Maybe for a good reason we do not know of!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

When's the earliest Lava can be called up and not lose a year of team control on the back end of his years of service with Boston (more likely a prime year)?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

When's the earliest Lava can be called up and not lose a year of team control on the back end of his years of service with Boston (more likely a prime year)?
    Posted by moonslav59

good question

what are the rules to qualify as a Super 2?  and how many games did he play last year?

I'd think you could call him up on Sept 1 and and still have him for 2013, 2014, and 2015 before he goes to ARB........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think September games do not count, but I am wondering about August games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Actually the person you should be calling out is Danny-boy. In his last article he whined about Pedro DHing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Actually the person you should be calling out is Danny-boy. In his last article he whined about Pedro DHing.
    Posted by stan17
    You mean CHB? If he knew anything about baseball he might be dangerous.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Ciriaco should not be DH under ANY circumstances.  Now if he were to reaplce Aviles at SS, I wouldn't care.  In fact, I'm all for it, at least for now. Nava also shouldn't DH.  He should probably be demoted so the Sox can call up Lavarnway and let him try his hand at DH.  I really don't get why this has not happened beyond maybe that the FO has lost almost all of their faith in Lavarnway, to the point where they don't even want to jeopardize his trade value by having him face actual MLB pitching...
    Posted by notin

Well notin, I'm glad you finally changed your opinion a bit anyway on Ciriaco.  When I first mentioned he should be here instead of Aviles or Punto you said he would never help.

I like the guy for a lot of reasons and hes fun to watch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

A good line-up tonight. It will be tweaked when Ortiz comes back, lof course, but I think Pedro is our new SS, and that the RF and C spots will depend on the opposing pitcher. All in all, much more predictible than so far this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

notin, exactly....hey what's with this agreeing with each other thing...next thing you know I'm going to put up a Shemp Howard avatar.
    Posted by dannycater

I have noticed you and I are agreeing a lot more often than in the past.

My personal theory is that you have simply gotten smarter.   And my really egotistical theory is that you got smarter by learning from me...

;)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Ciracio has both power and speed.  I'm sure he can teach Crawford a few things here and there. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream

If by power, you mean "no power", then yes, he has power and speed.

Sections
Shortcuts